Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So is anyone feeling better about the takeover now? I still have my reservations that it will be done by end of month but it will be done and that’s the main thing as far as I’m concerned.

Literally nothing has changed :lol:

This. Old quotes in the Chron, a rehashed article in the Sun, nothing new at all, and some bloke who may be a lawyer, but might be on the wind up giving thumbs up emojis to all and sundry. Who the fuck knows?!

So is anyone feeling better about the takeover now? I still have my reservations that it will be done by end of month but it will be done and that’s the main thing as far as I’m concerned.

Literally nothing has changed :lol:

This. Old quotes in the Chron, a rehashed article in the Sun, nothing new at all, and some bloke who may be a lawyer, but might be on the wind up giving thumbs up emojis to all and sundry. Who the f*** knows?!

It was reported briefly after the second statement from BZG came out that once papers have been submitted to the PL under takeover rules neither party can release statements to the press for 20 days while they are reviewed.

There wasn't more made of it because the press would be making it obvious that anything they publish for the next few weeks would be made up clickbait. Also explains why Midhat keeps sending people 🤫 emojis and not much text and sent a message with the monochrome acquisitions company name - to make it obvious that they haven't pulled out and still mean business.

Yeah, it could never be moved out of town, you’d have to find a site within walking distance at the very least.

Shouldve gone ahead with SJH plan from years ago ...

Yep. Should’ve forced it through despite some of the protests which were ill informed. The end result would’ve been more green belt land.

Absolutely this. I think the wrong decision was made once the plans were turned down, mind. The club should have put the ground expansion on the back-burner and ploughed all their resources into strengthening the team. I'm convinced we would have won trophies with that mindset, creating greater funds which could have then been spent on moving over the road to the site of the Brewery which was closed around this time.

The Brewery site (any of it) was never available to NUFC, it was instantly approved as the massive job creation site for "Newcastle Science Central", which is now about 75% built and is called "Newcastle Helix". Click on this LINK . . . https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=146506869&postcount=988

It was Leazes Park and ground to the north which was identified and it is a brilliant asset to the city and as such the correct decision was made.

Plus it would have been a canny hike from the City Centre pubs to the stadium... not getting any younger here  ???

Nothing wrong with SJP. Yeah it needs a bit of updating inside, and could do with new cladding on the outside. The Milburn stand tunnel could do with better lighting and levelling of the road. The TV screen should be take off the glass wall/wind breaker and put below it where the SD signs in. The old Newcastle United sign to be reinstated on the East stand. Possibly an extension to take it over 60k. Aside from that though it’s a great stadium, it just needs a little bit of TLC.

Honestly, absolutely not.

When Mike Ashley is involved in anything, I've learned to expect the unexpected.

Just regarding the ground, but if the money were there, I reckon the thing to do would be to wait and see how safe standing works out. If it's a big success, we could see Germany-style rules where the capacity can be up to double. Which means more folk can be closer to the pitch, giving you a real cauldron of noise.

Just regarding the ground, but if the money were there, I reckon the thing to do would be to wait and see how safe standing works out. If it's a big success, we could see Germany-style rules where the capacity can be up to double. Which means more folk can be closer to the pitch, giving you a real cauldron of noise.

There is no chance that the UK government will ever allow for standing to be introduced where you can increase capacity above that for seating. It will be 1/1 ratio replacement.

Might as well ask for the ability to have a drink in the stand and not to be treated as a criminal whilst you’re at it.

Guest covmag

no , i haven't seen a single thing that convinces me in truth, so much blah blah but in truth its all just rumour as per.

i dont think it will ever happen and Rafa will be off, theres literally nothing to suggest otherwise, just speculation.  ???

no , i haven't seen a single thing that convinces me in truth, so much blah blah but in truth its all just rumour as per.

i dont think it will ever happen and Rafa will be off, theres literally nothing to suggest otherwise, just speculation.  ???

Quite the opposite for me. The only concrete stuff that has came out, suggests it's on. All the blah blah blah and speculation has come from journos with no clue trying to fill their pages.

Quite the opposite for me. The only concrete stuff that has came out, suggests it's on. All the blah blah blah and speculation has come from journos with no clue trying to fill their pages.

Spot on. I know it's been said a thousand times but the silence from the club is golden.

I think Rafa's silence is giving me most hope, if he thinks he is being bullshitted he isn't slow go get things leaked to the press, he knows how to play politics, but this time nothing.

*hopes*

This is where my head is at with it tbh.

Can someone remind me why he is supposedly ITK?

I don't mean whatsapping Midhat :lol:

He’s not

He knows someone on the legal team working for BZG doesn’t he?

Can someone remind me why he is supposedly ITK?

I don't mean whatsapping Midhat :lol:

He’s not

He knows someone on the legal team working for BZG doesn’t he?

Does he tho? :lol:

It's a no brainer for a new owner to look at building a new stadium or expanding SJP, if we were just half decent we would easily sell out a 60k stadium every premier league game.

Additional income from that would be peanuts compared to all the TV money.