Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

With it being announced that Rafa is departing the deal is either 100% done (as in all buttoned up and only waiting on the announcement) or the deal is completely off.

A corporate takeover (of any description) does not survive if a key person departs mid-takeover, especially when the value of the organisation is largely driven by the contributions of that key person.  No one could deny that the valuation of £350M is largely based on what Rafa has achieved over the past 3 years; if the club had not remained in the Premier League for the coming season the club's value could have been as much as halved.  With Rafa departing and no clear management or squad future no one would value the club at £350M, given the prospect of being relegated yet again.

That’s everything you need to know about Rafa and the takover.

I don't think Rafa staying and a takeover going through are mutually exclusive like.

Right, but once we hire a new manager that would be a huge sign that it’s not going through. As I can’t imagine BZG want Monk.

I don't think Rafa staying and a takeover going through are mutually exclusive like.

Right, but once we hire a new manager that would be a huge sign that it’s not going through. As I can’t imagine BZG want Monk.

The club could just appoint someone on a 1 yr deal similar to that they offered Rafa (obvs not the wages), and keep up the pretense that its just short-term in case of a takeover.

Rafas departure basically confirms that the takeover is dead.  Just think, if the takeover is imminent, why would Rafa and Ashley truely engage in contract talks? The contract would void or become meaningless once the owner becomes BZG. Who cares about the 50m budget if the owner is not Ashley?  In other words, if the contract terms is serious, that means Rafa expected that the takeover would not go through. Or may be, it simply won’t happen as long as Rafa stays.

Fucking devastated.

That’s also the end of me as a black and white.

Rafas departure basically confirms that the takeover is dead.  Just think, if the takeover is imminent, why would Rafa and Ashley truely engage in contract talks? The contract would void or become meaningless once the owner becomes BZG. Who cares about the 50m budget if the owner is not Ashley?  In other words, if the contract terms is serious, that means Rafa expected that the takeover would not go through. Or may be, it simply won’t happen as long as Rafa stays.

Fucking devastated.

That’s also the end of me as a black and white.

Or in cloud cuckoo land, Rafa simply signs a contract with the new owners next month.

We've all thought/known that whenever Ashley finally leaves there will be a final 'fuck you' as a parting shot.

Let's just hope to God this is it. I'd take Rafa leaving if it meant we could have our club back.

Guest covmag

And another reason to never believe some fucking stranger on the internet.

No one knows fuck all and is a complete and utter fucking load of bollocks, had for mugs for the last time.

Hats off to the Ashley PR machine, done up like a kipper again  :lol:

Fair play Mike  O0

No one knows fuck all and is a complete and utter fucking load of bollocks, had for mugs for the last time.

Fair play Mike  O0

Stop being a nob. Jesus this is a match thread on steroids.

Guest covmag

Fair play Mike  O0

:lol: 

Fair play Mike  O0

:lol: 

You’re laughing because?

There’s a reasonable chance that the potential new owners don’t want Benitez, more fool them, but because he’s gone that doesn’t mean there’s not a takeover, if anything it sits on the 50/50 category.

But let’s not let that affect rational commenting

The club is worth less now without Benítez in charge. Will BZG still pay the agreed price? Because there’s no way Ashley will drop it.

And it looks as though he wants to sell to his mate Kenyon anyway, who searching down the back of his sofa for the money to buy it with.

Kenyon without a pot to piss in, no time for transfers, a shit-tier manager and no doubt a clause for SD shit to remain in the ground/club shop for years. Oh joy.

Also most likely with Ashley still holding a fucking share.

Wouldn't surprise me.