Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

:lol: the headings really are helpful. Well said, buddy. Don't necessarily agree with Ashley 💯 wanting Rafa. He has done all sorts of vindictive, self destructive things before and that preemptive press release seems like another one. Ashley doesn't strike me as a particularly rational thinker. But apart from that slight disagreement, very solid points.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yep, agree.

Not sure on the save Odin hashtag though. Whether people believed it or not it wasn’t a good thing to do.

From what I’ve read, a lot of people were more than willing participants of whatever fantasy of Odin created by indulging him and getting carried away just as much by it all until it inevitably transpired to be just that - a fantasy. It’s more embarrassing and laughable some believed it, although I feel most wanted to believe it. Surely no harm done though, other than to someone’s own sensitivities?! Banning him because he made it all up, really? :lol:

It was the least offensive crap posted in that thread of all the other crap posted, crap posted by bigger cunts than Odin. If I could vote to strike a few to be kicked out of the asylum he’d be behind a good few I know that...

This is what can happen when you lose the likes of Crumpy and Ronaldo, just saying like!

This place has gone crazy, but it always does during the off season, add a takeover saga and losing our best manager since SBR then you've got a real Molotov cocktail.

I can't understand why everyone is so upset with Odin, tensions are high but there's much worse on here in terms of annoyance. Maybe not the wisest move but it's not The end of the world!

Agreed, Ashley is the real problem, I'm gutted that Rafa has gone, it's a really low point even for Ashley's NUFC but it is recoverable with a change of ownership. The focus definitely needs to be on if Ashley stays we go, last chance saloon, if Ashley stays after this then I don't see an end in sight.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m happy he walked. He deserves better. Mike Ashley and the 53,000 lemmings don’t deserve a manager of his calibre and a man of his class. By walking away he’s saying goodbye to something he cannot be part of. When he joined he believed in this club and cared and he fought harder than anyone of us for our club, his club. Newcastle United.

Some joined in the fight those that protested and stayed away, the vast majority did fuck all. Cowards who watched some middle aged Spaniard fight the club’s cause who cared more for the cause and believed in the club more than all those sat in their seats whose club they call theirs.

Its Mike Ashley’s club now and in walking away Rafa has joined those of us who oppose his ownership, who for us there is no Newcastle United while Mike Ashley is the owner.

Let’s see who will stand up and fight like Rafa and follow him by walking away and staying away. Remember there is no club without fans. If you keep going, it’s not your club you’re supporting, it’s his. It’s not Newcastle United you’re following, you’re killing that club off.

Rafa going should be the final straw for all and a call to arms for everyone to stand up and fight for something Rafa’s fought on everyone’s behalf on his own for 3 years because he too cared and believed in Newcastle United.

If you don’t accept Ashley doesn't believe in our club or care about it now, you never will.

If you want to do something proactive to help the takeover process result in Ashley selling up, whether it’s now or next year, walk away, tell him to fuck off and get out of our club or he’ll be left with a few trademarks and copyrights that’s says he owns the name and badge. He owns fuck all else. Not the stadium, not the history, not the players or anything.

If you keep going though he will own you. Imagine that, being owned by some fat sweaty cunt who you pay 600 quid to for the privilege of being laughed at whenever he shows his face and mocked by someone like Dennis Wise and that other cunt Richard keys while millionaire players you help fund their salaries tell you what a nice man your owner is. Imagine that!

Mind, it’s got to better than spending a day with the wife shopping still I guess...

I’m happy he walked. He deserves better. Mike Ashley and the 53,000 lemmings don’t deserve a manager of his calibre and a man of his class. By walking away he’s saying goodbye to something he cannot be part of. When he joined he believed in this club and cared and he fought harder than anyone of us for our club, his club. Newcastle United.

Some joined in the fight those that protested and stayed away, the vast majority did f*** all. Cowards who watched some middle aged Spaniard fight the club’s cause who cared more for the cause and believed in the club more than all those sat in their seats whose club they call theirs.

Its Mike Ashley’s club now and in walking away Rafa has joined those of us who oppose his ownership, who for us there is no Newcastle United while Mike Ashley is the owner.

Let’s see who will stand up and fight like Rafa and follow him by walking away and staying away. Remember there is no club without fans. If you keep going, it’s not your club you’re supporting, it’s his. It’s not Newcastle United you’re following, you’re killing that club off.

Rafa going should be the final straw for all and a call to arms for everyone to stand up and fight for something Rafa’s fought on everyone’s behalf on his own for 3 years because he too cared and believed in Newcastle United.

If you don’t accept Ashley doesn't believe in our club or care about it now, you never will.

If you want to do something proactive to help the takeover process result in Ashley selling up, whether it’s now or next year, walk away, tell him to f*** off and get out of our club or he’ll be left with a few trademarks and copyrights that’s says he owns the name and badge. He owns f*** all else. Not the stadium, not the history, not the players or anything.

If you keep going though he will own you. Imagine that, being owned by some fat sweaty c*** who you pay 600 quid to for the privilege of being laughed at whenever he shows his face and mocked by someone like Dennis Wise and that other c*** Richard keys while millionaire players you help fund their salaries tell you what a nice man your owner is. Imagine that!

Mind, it’s got to better than spending a day with the wife shopping still I guess...

Cold hard facts.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wtf, so you’re back? Welcome back :lol:

Gonna put my War & Peace back on the shelf as you’ve now sewn up my summer reading.

Not for long, just knocking out a few tl;dr before I fuck off for good.

Unless Rafa returns under new owners and Crumpy, Ronaldo et al are allowed back in!

Wtf, so you’re back? Welcome back :lol:

Gonna put my War & Peace back on the shelf as you’ve now sewn up my summer reading.

Not for long, just knocking out a few tl;dr before I fuck off for good.

Unless Rafa returns under new owners and Crumpy, Ronaldo et al are allowed back in!

They weren't banned were they? I thought Ronaldo buggered off to get married.

Yep, agree.

Not sure on the save Odin hashtag though. Whether people believed it or not it wasn’t a good thing to do.

From what I’ve read, a lot of people were more than willing participants of whatever fantasy of Odin created by indulging him and getting carried away just as much by it all until it inevitably transpired to be just that - a fantasy. It’s more embarrassing and laughable some believed it, although I feel most wanted to believe it. Surely no harm done though, other than to someone’s own sensitivities?! Banning him because he made it all up, really? :lol:

It was the least offensive crap posted in that thread of all the other crap posted, crap posted by bigger cunts than Odin. If I could vote to strike a few to be kicked out of the asylum he’d be behind a good few I know that...

This is what can happen when you lose the likes of Crumpy and Ronaldo, just saying like!

Completely agree although I’d point out I have never asked for him to be banned. I’d have more respect if he came back and apologised, certainly more respect for him than some of others who I suspect you’re alluding to.

Edit: just realised why you said the ban thing. That’s not what I meant about the save Odin thing, I didn’t realise he was up for a ban. Like you said there’s a fair few before him who deserve it.

In the meantime instead of going on social media and on here warring with each other and journos and whoever and being upset because Rafa has left and because of that you’ve cancelled DD, won’t be going again etc, how about everyone make this about the real cause of our pain, suffering and anger and tell the one person responsible once and for all if #AshleyStaysWeAllGo and that should have been the message all along Rafa or not. I love the man but I wouldn’t go back just because he’s our manager. I’ll never go back or support this club while Ashley owns it.

#AshleyOut

:clap:

Some joined in the fight those that protested and stayed away, the vast majority did fuck all. Cowards who watched some middle aged Spaniard fight the club’s cause who cared more for the cause and believed in the club more than all those sat in their seats whose club they call theirs.

If you want to do something proactive to help the takeover process result in Ashley selling up, whether it’s now or next year, walk away, tell him to fuck off and get out of our club or he’ll be left with a few trademarks and copyrights that’s says he owns the name and badge. He owns fuck all else. Not the stadium, not the history, not the players or anything.

If you keep going though he will own you. Imagine that, being owned by some fat sweaty cunt who you pay 600 quid to for the privilege of being laughed at whenever he shows his face and mocked by someone like Dennis Wise and that other cunt Richard keys while millionaire players you help fund their salaries tell you what a nice man your owner is. Imagine that!

It is not Newcastle anymore than Wilford Brimley was Wilford Brimley when The Thing took his form. It's a doppelganger of a club. The real one is now a desiccated carcass thrown down some rathole, and whose life essence was completely drained by this horrid fat cunt. I can't even get myself to give a fuck if the takeover actually happens now.

Some joined in the fight those that protested and stayed away, the vast majority did f*** all. Cowards who watched some middle aged Spaniard fight the club’s cause who cared more for the cause and believed in the club more than all those sat in their seats whose club they call theirs.

If you want to do something proactive to help the takeover process result in Ashley selling up, whether it’s now or next year, walk away, tell him to f*** off and get out of our club or he’ll be left with a few trademarks and copyrights that’s says he owns the name and badge. He owns f*** all else. Not the stadium, not the history, not the players or anything.

If you keep going though he will own you. Imagine that, being owned by some fat sweaty c*** who you pay 600 quid to for the privilege of being laughed at whenever he shows his face and mocked by someone like Dennis Wise and that other c*** Richard keys while millionaire players you help fund their salaries tell you what a nice man your owner is. Imagine that!

Fuck yes

Couple of things...

The whole WhatsApp message thing is one of the least offensive, least cringeworthy and least forum aids posted in this whole shit fest of a thread. People wanting him banned need to get a life. If he’s duped anyone, more fool those that bought into the whole thing from the off, some of the numpties in here have only themselves to blame and on reading come out of this looking way more stupid and pathetic than Odin him/herself.

Who cares.  The bloke made a prat of himself then went into hiding.  Even when given the chance to put his hands up he continued to lie including direct messages.  It was obvious immediately that the image was faked and I tried to give him opportunity to put his hands up but he doubled down with lies.  Having said that I don't care whether he's banned or not, I'd say don't bother.

N.O

What the fucks happened to the place? It’s like the lunatics have not only taken over the asylum and now run the place, they’ve also trapped others into their world of insanity to the extent the whole takeover thing is one big conspiracy engineered by the evil genius of Mike Ashley and Kieth Bishop who control the media, companies house, Arab sheiks and their Arab businesses and this is just a sick game so they can force Rafa to leave, not spend any money on players and keep fans dancing up and down like some puppets on a string they pull. It’s crazy and this place is as fucking shit as the club and as cheap, tacky and nasty as SD right now.

There is only a very small minority with this view.  The middle ground that more people believe is that Ashley has used the bid as a means of distraction.  This is harder to discredit.

I think I saw you mention this in your dissertation but I can't see it to quote it... I don't like the aggression on the board or on twitter towards journalists and fans who think that the club will not be sold.  Sadly these people are more likely to be correct and for having the opinion that no matter what is reported a sale simply won't happen (most likely due to Ashely) get abuse.  Everyone just wanted to believe the happy stories and got aggressive at people who held a more pragmatic line. 

As there is no takeover thread to post in for some reason here's a January transfer window reminder of prior made up bullshit  to weigh up the current lot against:

In this letter, Kenyon refers to the "advanced and positive discussions" had so far ahead of the break for Christmas and New Year celebrations.

"I know I speak for both of us in that we continue to share a serious determination to finalise the agreement we have to suit both parties as soon as possible in the new year.

"We have both spent many months discussing the parameters of a final deal and as you know we have also invested heavily in time and money on our various legal and financial advisors.

"And I appreciate the time and effort committed to the detailed discussions by your advisors, lawyers, club, and, of course, yourself.

"I fully respect your desire to ensure the next owners of Newcastle United understand the club, football, and have the appropriate financial resources, and I am delighted that you think the investor group led by myself is the best fit.

"On my side, I would like to personally assure you that I am committed to conclude our deal as soon as possible and, while we are both perhaps frustrated that we have not progressed as quickly as we would have wished, I would like to express personal gratitude for your patience and integrity in this matter and hope we can continue our discussions in the same spirit."

Leaked or what...and from which side ... this current situation is hopefully different but the ensuing silences post Staveley interest and post Kenyon interest usually pre-empt a Mike Ashley comment to explain why he is still the best fit for the club

Sorry about the Odin situation but needed somewhere to post this ...will there be a new thread opening - if so happily shift this in thanks...

N.O

What the fucks happened to the place? It’s like the lunatics have not only taken over the asylum and now run the place, they’ve also trapped others into their world of insanity to the extent the whole takeover thing is one big conspiracy engineered by the evil genius of Mike Ashley and Kieth Bishop who control the media, companies house, Arab sheiks and their Arab businesses and this is just a sick game so they can force Rafa to leave, not spend any money on players and keep fans dancing up and down like some puppets on a string they pull. It’s crazy and this place is as fucking shit as the club and as cheap, tacky and nasty as SD right now.

To be honest, Chris, I think it's pretty obvious that views like that are a minority opinion, BUT that's the level of scepticism that this regime has created. The level of disheartenment on this forum is the worst I've seen it in the 15 years that I've been admin - I don't think I've seen more collective apathy on any iteration of this forum or the one's that merged to form it than there is now - but at the same time most people are still managing to be respectful which is better than it has been in the past during less depressing times. If anything I think most people have handled the continuous hope-fuckings by Mike Ashley fairly well, but I don't blame anyone for snapping at the moment because at the end of the day most of it is out of a love for the club that they're trying desperately to hold on to.

Odin

The whole WhatsApp message thing is one of the least offensive, least cringeworthy and least forum aids posted in this whole shit fest of a thread. People wanting him banned need to get a life. If he’s duped anyone, more fool those that bought into the whole thing from the off, some of the numpties in here have only themselves to blame and on reading come out of this looking way more stupid and pathetic than Odin him/herself.

No-one mention Hitzfeldgate  :whistle:

How do people who want him banned need to get a life? I didnt believe a word of it or any of the shit in this thread (see my previous posts in this thread). But people DO believe that shite and why should we not ban wind up merchant cunts? He may as well be a mackem in disguise posting that shit.