Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If the takeover was dead, why wouldn’t BZG tell us? They have made two statements already and i would expect them to make another one if it’s over.

I suspect they will soon

Why do I keep reading this thread, the NUFC subreddit takeover thread and the NUFC hashtag on twitter? My productivity at work is fucking ruined! Wish BZG would hurry up with this statement. Even if it's to say "Sorry lads, that fat cunt fucked it", at least that's closure and we can get on with things.

South Shields have more ambition than us

I don't think there is a club in world football that set out to fail or reach bare minimum as we do. Ashley doesn't give two fucks if we get relegated as part of his model seems to be that we are in a position to spend to get back to where we are now which is just existing.

What we all should do is abandon that fucking club, let it rot and go pack grass roots clubs and help them grow. Gateshead, Hebburn or Shields for me

It's kind of a genius model if the only objective was to make Ashley richer in the short term.

Cash wise, income in the PL will be around £200m per year (matchday, media, commercial, plus increased installments incoming from the likes of Mitro/Ayoze/etc). Our wage bill is cheap, running costs in total are probably around £90m per year (ignoring the non-cash theoretical accounting treatments like amortization and onerous contract write offs). Netting around £100m cash per year before any transfer expenditure.

If we get relegated, it's not a big deal. Because we have a cheap squad whilst in the PL, the majority of players will be in that bracket of "too good for Championship, not good enough for PL", which means noone will want them and so we have a high chance of instant promotion. The remaining decent or good PL standard players are sold for large fees/profit. Parachute payments cover the wage bill. Cash wise we'd probably make a profit overall, turned into a massive loss through theoretical accounting treatments of course.

All the while NUFC continues to act as an advertising vehicle for Sports Direct, and makes SD richer with the retail/merchandising deals. Basically it benefits him having us as a yo-yo club since we're a low risk, high reward cash cow (with a sensible gamble on instant promotion every time we go down), and that's why he's a reluctant seller.

If the takeover was dead, why wouldn’t BZG tell us? They have made two statements already and i would expect them to make another one if it’s over.

*activates gormless chump mode* well you see they would make a statement that it's off but Keith Bishop has one of their daughters held hostage in an secure, undisclosed location. The ransom? Keep schtum until the window closes and Ashley appoints another stooge then regrettably announce the deal is off. At that point she will be returned unharmed.

*activates gormless chump mode* well you see they would make a statement that it's off but Keith Bishop has one of their daughters held hostage in an secure, undisclosed location. The ransom? Keep schtum until the window closes and Ashley appoints another stooge then regrettably announce the deal is off. At that point she will be returned unharmed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If the takeover is going to happen, it should be within the next 48 hours. Just think if you are BZG, you won’t risk your investment like this I.e. start the season without enough time for all kinds of preparations

I think it won’t happen now.

Why do I keep reading this thread, the NUFC subreddit takeover thread and the NUFC hashtag on twitter? My productivity at work is fucking ruined! Wish BZG would hurry up with this statement. Even if it's to say "Sorry lads, that fat cunt fucked it", at least that's closure and we can get on with things.

This is me as well!

Samuel Brown

@sammyb9999ipad1

·

1h

Replying to

@AnythingNUFC

@thedambuster17

and

@nufc0416

Paper works being signed this afternoon, will be announced before 10pm. Trip to China is also being cancelled, will be confirmed once another team can be announced to take our place. New home fixtures are being looked at. Jose M is working hard on transfers as we speak

:frantic:

We just putting any old random twitter rumours in here now

To be fair i think that's the first one i've done. :lol:

Have you not read the rest of it? :doh:

He was clearly on a windup.

If the takeover is going to happen, it should be within the next 48 hours. Just think if you are BZG, you won’t risk your investment like this I.e. start the season without enough time for all kinds of preparations

It could feasibly happen on the last day or two of the transfer window with a couple of massive Robinho @ Man City style marquee signings to carry the team to the next window where the we'll really unzip the fly and let rip.

This is me as well!

:whistle: me also  ;D ;D

As if BZG have any say in the matter.

It could feasibly happen on the last day or two of the transfer window with a couple of massive Robinho @ Man City style marquee signings to carry the team to the next window where the we'll really unzip the fly and let rip.

Man City got a manager. We don’t. No decent one will want to come and join this disaster now.

As if BZG have any say in the matter.

Yea they would just quit.

We probably won’t.

The appointment off the manager and the contract he gets will speak volumes. So even without a statement we’ll have a fairly good idea soon