Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If it was off, wouldn't the club announce it? Surely Ashley would love to be the one to tell us it's fucked.

Them bastards would only say no comment anyway. String it out abit longer for those still not committed to season tickets yet

If it was off, wouldn't the club announce it? Surely Ashley would love to be the one to tell us it's fucked.

Hard to predict an imbecile like Ashley though. He might want to delay confirming anything as much as possible - each day this stretches out the longer he can hold off on appointing a manager and more players are snapped up by other clubs. "It was frustrating for us not to be able to appoint a manager or proceed with the signings we were honestly going to make because of BZG's tyre kicking".

If the takeover is going to happen, it should be within the next 48 hours. Just think if you are BZG, you won’t risk your investment like this I.e. start the season without enough time for all kinds of preparations

I think it won’t happen now.

It could feasibly happen on the last day or two of the transfer window with a couple of massive Robinho @ Man City style marquee signings to carry the team to the next window where the we'll really unzip the fly and let rip.

Man City got a manager. We don’t. No decent one will want to come and join this disaster now.

I imagine they'd announce the new manager (Mourinho) at the same time as announcing completion of the takeover.

This has dragged on so long now I just can't see it happening.

In my opinion it has to be completed in the next week or two or forget it

Completed in the next week or 2????. So if it takes another 14 days that then means we have 23 days to appoint a manager a coaching team then manager assess his squad get to know them and then analyse what is needed to bring in

No fucking chance you can do that in just over 3 weeks it's just not possible. The takeover bullshit is another Ruse to avoid spending money on a decent manager and players

Perez leaving is biggest hint that no takeover was ever intended as why would they agree a price then seller sells one of your big assets before sale is completed

It's like agreeing to buy a car agreeing a price then seller saying I've just sold the wheels

Guest godzilla

Completed in the next week or 2????. So if it takes another 14 days that then means we have 23 days to appoint a manager a coaching team then manager assess his squad get to know them and then analyse what is needed to bring in

No f***ing chance you can do that in just over 3 weeks it's just not possible. The takeover bullshit is another Ruse to avoid spending money on a decent manager and players

Perez leaving is biggest hint that no takeover was ever intended as why would they agree a price then seller sells one of your big assets before sale is completed

It's like agreeing to buy a car agreeing a price then seller saying I've just sold the wheels

They had no choice on Perez man his release clause was activated

No f***ing chance you can do that in just over 3 weeks it's just not possible. The takeover bullshit is another Ruse to avoid spending money on a decent manager and players

...if you believe them.

No fucking chance you can do that in just over 3 weeks it's just not possible. The takeover bullshit is another Ruse to avoid spending money on a decent manager and players

Do you seriously think many fans will think ah it’s ok we didn’t spend it was because we were in talks for a takeover?

Guest godzilla

...if you believe them.

Yeah I do but I'm not into conspiracy theories like some

...if you believe them.

Yeah I do but I'm not into conspiracy theories like some

It’s not a conspiracy theory... just strange that it’s only the nufc side that are mentioning any clauses. Leicester just say undisclosed.

I trust them at all.

Keep believing that how can you believe anything from someone who has admitted repeatedly misleading and lying previously

If this was anywhere near to happening, a potential buyer would want a manager in place and transfers well on the way.  You do not pay £350M for a business just to watch your investment fall off a cliff as there is no time to recruit and manager or players.  IF they are serious buyers and MA is a serious seller, terms would be in place to ensure the integrity of the business remains in tact and a new manager would be in place and players on the way.

Loosing Perez to a buy out clause changes nothing, instead of a player they inherit a business with £30M more in cash (or however its structured).  That money does not go straight to MA.

Its academic anyway, its total bullshit.

In any event, its academic, as this is and always was bullshit.

“We have pulled out. How long can you keep hanging on? We have put a bid in and we have had no communication, no response – nothing.

“‘It really is poor form from Newcastle, but if that’s the way they want to run their business, good luck to them.

“‘I just feel sorry for the supporters – they deserve much, much better. They deserve to know what is going on. We wanted to come in and turn the club round because it clearly needs something at the minute.’

“McMahon has also rejected suggestions that the Profitable Group had never provided proof of funds. ‘That is completely inaccurate.’“

Steve McMahon was the public face of Profitable Group but it was a scam. Doubt they were real bidders.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/profitable-plots-case-directors-jailed-3million-scam