Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

One of the security officers at my work place claims he used to patrol outside Ashley's house for the previous company he worked for.

Me: "So you must have met him then?"

Him: "Yeah I met him a few times. He's much slimmer in real life y'know"

Me: "And you didn't take the opportunity to brutally bludgeon him to death?"

Him: "What?"

Me: "Haha I dunno, nevermind. I'm not a fan I guess. I'm a Newcastle fan."

Him: "Oh haha I see. He's actually a really nice bloke."

*Feeling my eye start to twitch uncontrollably*

Me: "It looks nice outside. Think I'm gonna take a walk"

Him: "Ok. Enjoy your lunch break mate!"

Guest The Little Waster

The Chronicle's so called 'reporting' in this has been pure lifting since the news broke. Dunno if it's just professional jealously or ineptitude.

They aren't journalists just social media regurgitaters

One of the security officers at my work place claims he used to patrol outside Ashley's house for the previous company he worked for.

Me: "So you must have met him then?"

Him: "Yeah I met him a few times. He's much slimmer in real life y'know"

Me: "And you didn't take the opportunity to brutally bludgeon him to death?"

Him: "What?"

Me: "Haha I dunno, nevermind. I'm not a fan I guess. I'm a Newcastle fan."

Him: "Oh haha I see. He's actually a really nice bloke."

*Feeling my eye start to twitch uncontrollably*

Me: "It looks nice outside. Think I'm gonna take a walk"

Him: "Ok. Enjoy your lunch break mate!"

He’s a nice bloke in the sense he doesn’t poke your eyes out upon first meeting people and rips the heads off of your firstborn

He's probably awesome if he's not owning your club or the retail chain you're employed at tbh. The fireplace vom story made him sound like the kind of fun guy I'd like to hang around with.

The Chronicle's so called 'reporting' in this has been pure lifting since the news broke. Dunno if it's just professional jealously or ineptitude.

The Chronicle is appalling now.

manorpark[/member] is a key forumer in SSC. A few years ago he had to get in touch with the Chronicle because they were stealing our info and stealing work without credit. In order to avoid taking things legal they agreed to do an article on SSC. Since then the stealing of our info has reduced, at one time though it was literally front page news articles that they were taking.

Lee Ryder has been saying there has been no bid on the table since the takeover story broke. I just don't understand that since the statements that there were was no progress made in the takeover. That's not to suggest Ashley hasn't moved the goalposts, but I doubt the Bin Zayed Group were just sitting on their hands for weeks since their statements and were just wasting time.

Says a lot about the state of the clubs communication with the fans when would be owners like the Bin Zayed Group are being relied on to provide clarity on the situation.

What does a bid actually look like? Doesn't a Head of Terms agreement coupled with proof of funds constitute a bid?

I know nothing about how these sort of business deals work, but from what others have said I thought a Head of Terms agreement was just a deal agreed in principle, but the buying party could revise an official bid after further due diligence. I'm not sure proof of funds means a lot in terms of a bid other than the selling party being willing to talk seriously to the buying party.

I could have that completely wrong so anyone can feel free to pick holes in what I just said.

Me either to be honest. I just thought an agreement of price and proof of your ability to back that agreement would efficiently constitute a bid. I'm still unclear as what a bid would look like though. From what little I've read, I thought the final part  of a takeover would be the Sales Purchase Agreement which could also be classed as a bid, in which case, yes, Lee, no one has "bid" for us.

Any ideas?

manorpark[/member] is a key forumer in SSC. A few years ago he had to get in touch with the Chronicle because they were stealing our info and stealing work without credit. In order to avoid taking things legal they agreed to do an article on SSC. Since then the stealing of our info has reduced, at one time though it was literally front page news articles that they were taking.

That's fucking rank. Know the internet/social media has changed landscape forever for journalists but FFS.  Do an actual bit of journalism not just tell me palace's ex owner was on the radio giving his opinion of our situation.

Guest firetotheworks

I think what you need to remember is, if Ryder's getting his info from someone at NUFC, it's possible, imo very probable, that it's what they want us to know, but as always isn't true. Oh we didn't receive any bid, that's not our fault, they were time wasters! Just as they tried to claim Chi Onwurah didn't contact Ashley about a meeting, then lo and behold, Chi shows us the email she sent along with the snooty reply from seat sniffer Charnley telling her to never email him again.

They're thoroughly comfortable with telling bare-faced, immediately disprovable, moronic lies. Totally laid back about the reaction to their transparent horse s***, safe in the knowledge they can do it again and again and again while far too many of us forget that no matter who is interested in buying us, no matter how sincere they are, they're always dealing with Ashley.

Ashley who may very well have only let the story slip to move attention away from signings and contract renewals, knowing fine well he has no intention of selling and will just use another obvious lie about not getting a bid once we've signed no one or let Rafa go or whatever the next deliberately disastrous decision is.

He still gets the TV money, still gets the advertising, still gets mugs giving him over £600 a year on average - a whole quarter of NUFC's annual income - and funding his vision of what a football club should be for him, a vision which from a football fan/supporter/purist/whatever's perspective, the pedestrians watching the slow, painful train wreck, is basically dystopian.

Ashley's everything that's wrong with capitalism. A complete user and abuser of absolutely everything around him, with no regard or respect or thought for anyone or anything (often including himself if it means a quick buck now because f*** tomorrow, that's that mug's problem) except himself and what he wants right now. Because who gives a f*** about all that when you're making money? What's possibly more important to anyone than having as much money for yourself as possible, f*** everyone else and the planet itself. MONEY! LOVE IT!

Might sound a bit tin hattish like, but that's the story I see in it. Anyway, These have probably always been genuine, as I reckon most of the others have been in the past, but Ashley's always involved and probably has no intention of selling. I think that's what's happening and that it'll continue to happen again and again unless almost everyone stays away. As I think there's currently as likely as a Joselu golden boot (soz Hos) I think there's new depths to find yet before any of the things necessary for him to sell (no PL TV money, continued low attendances, no promotion after relegation, increased costs, for example) are a near reality.

the main issue for the chronicle is whatever sources they have at NUFC (I'm betting on not many tbh) are useless on this since I'm certain no one at the club has a bloody clue whats going on or where any potential takeover is at only Ashley and whatever legal team he has handling it know where things stand and he isn't going to tell anybody.

Not saying the takeover will or won’t happen, but Ryder won’t have contacts that will be able to tell him if the takeover is happening or not. The only person at NUFC who will know is Charnley, even then it’s debated if he would know. If he does, he’s certainly not telling Ryder.

Guest Gonzo

At this stage I doubt Charnley knows anything. He’s on the outer circle now as far as Mike Ashley goes. I would not be surprised if Derek Llambias showed up again in the near future.

At this stage I doubt Charnley knows anything. He’s on the outer circle now as far as Mike Ashley goes. I would not be surprised if Derek Llambias showed up again in the near future.

If anything Charnley is probably shitting himself that he'll be out of a job if the takeover happens, and so is trying to stir things up by feeding anonymized statements that doubt BZG's credibility to his "journalist" contacts.

Lee Ryder is a usually useless but he's just saying what a lot of us have known since day one. A lot of solid posters on here have been conned as well and have presented themselves as ITK which makes it worse. I'm not saying their sources were liars but someone somewhere along that line was lied to. This was all bullshit from day 1, we have seen it time and time again and this time it worked like a charm.

This will fall apart and we will get a new takeover in January or/and next summer. Sick to death of this, we need to just protest like fuck because we know Ashley hates it and it's the only slim hope we have. Personally, I think we need to buckle in for another 10 or 20 years, hes going nowhere. I know a lot of people will be salty about this and say I'm talking shit but we will see who owns the club on August 10th when the window closes.

Guest chopey

Why have a takeover? Ashley has already saved £15 million a year in wages with the players that have left and with a patsy manager in post a week before the window shuts he could easily take out £100 million this season.

Guest covmag

Why have a takeover? Ashley has already saved £15 million a year in wages with the players that have left and with a patsy manager in post a week before the window shuts he could easily take out £100 million this season.

This  could be the start of the ultimate cuntish behaviour from him, mothballing us to get his money back.

I think what you need to remember is, if Ryder's getting his info from someone at NUFC, it's possible, imo very probable, that it's what they want us to know, but as always isn't true. Oh we didn't receive any bid, that's not our fault, they were time wasters! Just as they tried to claim Chi Onwurah didn't contact Ashley about a meeting, then lo and behold, Chi shows us the email she sent along with the snooty reply from seat sniffer Charnley telling her to never email him again.

They're thoroughly comfortable with telling bare-faced, immediately disprovable, moronic lies. Totally laid back about the reaction to their transparent horse s***, safe in the knowledge they can do it again and again and again while far too many of us forget that no matter who is interested in buying us, no matter how sincere they are, they're always dealing with Ashley.

Ashley who may very well have only let the story slip to move attention away from signings and contract renewals, knowing fine well he has no intention of selling and will just use another obvious lie about not getting a bid once we've signed no one or let Rafa go or whatever the next deliberately disastrous decision is.

He still gets the TV money, still gets the advertising, still gets mugs giving him over £600 a year on average - a whole quarter of NUFC's annual income - and funding his vision of what a football club should be for him, a vision which from a football fan/supporter/purist/whatever's perspective, the pedestrians watching the slow, painful train wreck, is basically dystopian.

Ashley's everything that's wrong with capitalism. A complete user and abuser of absolutely everything around him, with no regard or respect or thought for anyone or anything (often including himself if it means a quick buck now because f*** tomorrow, that's that mug's problem) except himself and what he wants right now. Because who gives a f*** about all that when you're making money? What's possibly more important to anyone than having as much money for yourself as possible, f*** everyone else and the planet itself. MONEY! LOVE IT!

Might sound a bit tin hattish like, but that's the story I see in it. Anyway, These have probably always been genuine, as I reckon most of the others have been in the past, but Ashley's always involved and probably has no intention of selling. I think that's what's happening and that it'll continue to happen again and again unless almost everyone stays away. As I think there's currently as likely as a Joselu golden boot (soz Hos) I think there's new depths to find yet before any of the things necessary for him to sell (no PL TV money, continued low attendances, no promotion after relegation, increased costs, for example) are a near reality.

Agree with all of this - the only thing I'm clinging on to here is that with the club in the state it's in, this is the perfect time for an astute businessman to make a profit and cut ties. I think he might, but as previously mentioned that it won't be until the club has flogged a few more assets (if he can get away with it) and/or too far down the line in the market to make any signings.

If something is going to come out from BZG/the club either way, it has to be next week. There's absolutely no way they're going to keep pissfarting about any longer than this as it puts their potential investment at risk. If it does fall through, which I'd say is 80-20 to happen based on fuck all, we all know who's to blame.

What’s SSC?