Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Yeah, this is looking like Staveley all over again. Unlike her though, BZG need to hang Ashley out to dry and describe in detail exactly what has gone on.

Looking like this fucking criminal has decided to stick rather than twist. He must surely have accepted relegation already but will just think he can get us immediately promoted again and then the cycle can continue.

There's years & years more of this torment to come. Not for me though. Once the announcement of no takeover is out there that's me done with football for good. No watching games on TV, won't read forums, social media or newspaper columns. Total blackout of the game. When I started following NUFC in 1985 we were a nothing club owned by parasitic owners and Liverpool were winning everything. Here we are 34 years later and it looks like LFC will start to become a powerhouse again with NUFC still slumming it & in the hands of a parasite. No way am I hanging around to watch that all over again.

Keith Downie now tweeting to say that BZG haven't actually provided proof of funds. The f*** is going on man

They provided proof of funds on April 17th. If it was just a throw away line in their previous statements I would be sceptical, but they gave a specific date for when they provided proof of funds. Some sections of the media are basically calling the Bin Zayed Group liars at this point yet never go to the trouble to pick apart Ashley's previous lies and contradictions. The Bin Zayed Group are the only ones that have provided clarity on the takeover situation. The club have had many opportunities to back up or counter their claims, but have decided to keep silent.

He's played us once again, ladies and gentlemen. Another ruse to deflect from Rafa leaving. I'd wager that Ashley has already accepted relegation for this coming season, so he can 'loan' the club more money and mount another promotion bid. Rinse and repeat. :(

Think if takeover happens, apart from the obvious the best part is seeing twats like Downie and Ryder backtracking like fuck.

Sadly I’m convinced it’s Ashley/bishop that’s feeding them the info

Everything at the moment is pointing to the takeover being dead and Ashley moving the goalposts, however some things don't add up.

Why did Peter Redding say on Monday that the Bin Zayed Group were still optimistic if the takeover was off or it was fairly close to falling apart?

Why did the same journalist say they have been waiting on the Premier League if the takeover was off?

Why are they taking so long to release their statement if there is no chance of a takeover being done? If I was in their position I would want to wash my hands of this deal as soon as possible if the takeover was dead.

This statment can't come soon enough because I'm tired of all these claims and counter claims at this point.

Guest godzilla

Everything at the moment is pointing to the takeover being dead and Ashley moving the goalposts, however some things don't add up.

Why did Peter Redding say on Monday that the Bin Zayed Group say they were still optimistic if the takeover was off or it was fairly close to falling apart?

Why did the same journalist say they have been waiting on the Premier League if the takeover was off?

Why are they taking so long to release their statement if there is no chance of a takeover being done? If I was in their position I would want to wash my hands of this deal as soon as possible if the takeover was dead.

This statment can't come soon enough because I'm tired of all these claims and counter claims at this point.

Unless he's talking bullshit also (though he was correct last time), either way they need to put something out as they are actively being called liars by these claims and I wouldn't have thought that is something they would accept with their reputation being questioned.

That black cloud account is saying

#nufc have not been sold just yet. Pl checks have been complete,deal agreed in principle,however Ashley still awaiting on proof of funds. No further forward in last 3 weeks, talks progressing but very slowly

I know it’s likely bollocks

Just looking at some other takeovers. Man City, Villa and Fulham were all done within a month. West Brom took from July to September though. :dontknow:

The City takeover took longer than that, it was a month from both parties officially announcing a deal to finalisation.

Yeah, this is looking like Staveley all over again. Unlike her though, BZG need to hang Ashley out to dry and describe in detail exactly what has gone on.

Looking like this fucking criminal has decided to stick rather than twist. He must surely have accepted relegation already but will just think he can get us immediately promoted again and then the cycle can continue.

There's years & years more of this torment to come. Not for me though. Once the announcement of no takeover is out there that's me done with football for good. No watching games on TV, won't read forums, social media or newspaper columns. Total blackout of the game. When I started following NUFC in 1985 we were a nothing club owned by parasitic owners and Liverpool were winning everything. Here we are 34 years later and it looks like LFC will start to become a powerhouse again with NUFC still slumming it & in the hands of a parasite. No way am I hanging around to watch that all over again.

Maybe not quite so extreme for me, but for the first time I am probably not going to be a participating supporter. I will be detached this season and can't see myself caring too much about who we sign, who the manager is, or who we sell for that matter. Once the season starts, the results won't matter much either. It's Ashley's club now and if he is going to continue to be the owner he can do what he likes, but I don't want any association with it any more.