Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Sorry but agreeing a price and making a bid are two different things. If that's where where we are what are bzg playing at.

:lol: after all this and all we know you blame bzg?

I said IF. And yes, IF a price has been agreed and no bid has come about in 6 weeks who would you blame?

If you agreed to sell your house but no offer came about after a week or so how would you feel? 6 weeks, would you still think its on?

Agreeing a price and a bit is pretty much the same thing man.

The waters are so muddy no one knows where we are it. Noises from bzg just 4 days ago was they were ‘waiting on the PL’

There needs to be a statement from both sides and soon

It's not like, you can agree a price and not follow up with an offer... I mention houses because that happened to us, we agreed to a price to sell our house but an offer never came in. We chased and chased and in the end the buyer wasn't serious.

So next time we didn't grt out hopes up too soon, even when an offer came in we knew there was a long way to go.

IF that's what is happening and why ryder is so certain of no bid then fuck me this is miles away and at this pace it won't be done before Xmas... If at all.

The only slight bit of positivity I have left is bzg inferring the PL still doing checks. As the last few pages on here show things can be quite complicated with who this sheik khaled is

Sorry but agreeing a price and making a bid are two different things. If that's where where we are what are bzg playing at.

:lol: after all this and all we know you blame bzg?

I said IF. And yes, IF a price has been agreed and no bid has come about in 6 weeks who would you blame?

If you agreed to sell your house but no offer came about after a week or so how would you feel? 6 weeks, would you still think its on?

Agreeing a price and a bit is pretty much the same thing man.

The waters are so muddy no one knows where we are it. Noises from bzg just 4 days ago was they were ‘waiting on the PL’

There needs to be a statement from both sides and soon

It's not like, you can agree a price and not follow up with an offer... I mention houses because that happened to us, we agreed to a price to sell our house but an offer never came in. We chased and chased and in the end the buyer wasn't serious.

So next time we didn't grt out hopes up too soon, even when an offer came in we knew there was a long way to go.

IF that's what is happening and why ryder is so certain of no bid then fuck me this is miles away and at this pace it won't be done before Xmas... If at all.

Fair point

Anyone still positive about a takeover?

Absolutely not

Ditto. Admit to getting sucked in by it and actually thinking that there was some validity to it all a while back, but this is a non starter and probably always was looking at it. (imo)

He has zero intention of selling his cash machine any time soon imo.

That’s me btw. He sent me a dm telling me if I’ve got an issue to email the sports desk. I said I’ve no issue

Tbh money not handed over doesn't mean bids not in.  :lol:

Money handed over would suggest sale is complete. Ryder is such a tit.

I can make a bid on ebay and then refuse to buy the item, that doesn't change the fact I made a bid.  If they've agreed a price for the potential purchase of the club that's a bid, or offer, or however to want to describe it.  Otherwise when is the bid exactly?  Even with a house you can pull out of the purchase after making an official offer.

I can make a bid on ebay and then refuse to buy the item.  That doesn't change the fact I made a bid.  If they've agreed a price for the potential purchase of the club that's a bid, or offer, or however to want to describe it.  Otherwise when is the bid exactly?  Even with a house you can pull out of the purchase after making an official offer.

You. Making a bid on eBay isn't agreeing a price, it's a bid on an auction site. The club isn't up for auction.

Absolutely not

Ditto. Admit to getting sucked in by it and actually thinking that there was some validity to it all a while back, but this is a non starter and probably always was looking at it. (imo)

The giveaway should have been the news breaking as "Ashley agrees to sell Newcastle United" and the small print being "he hasn't actually sold them but we think he will"  :lol:

For me, that was the moment I thought 'here we go again'..

I can make a bid on ebay and then refuse to buy the item.  That doesn't change the fact I made a bid.  If they've agreed a price for the potential purchase of the club that's a bid, or offer, or however to want to describe it.  Otherwise when is the bid exactly?  Even with a house you can pull out of the purchase after making an official offer.

You. Making a bid on eBay isn't agreeing a price, it's a bid on an auction site. The club isn't up for auction.

The exact nature of the bid isn't relevant, a bid isn't limited to any specific situation such as a auction site.  A bid is to offer a specific amount of money for something that's for sale.

Absolutely not

The giveaway should have been the news breaking as "Ashley agrees to sell Newcastle United" and the small print being "he hasn't actually sold them but we think he will"  :lol:

For me, that was the moment I thought 'here we go again'..

:lol: Absolutely. it's the hope that gets you dragged in. No fool like an old fool as the saying goes... :lol:

Guest godzilla

Don't let godzilla[/member] see that for god sake  :lol: he's still expecting new owners  :lol:

I'm waiting for something official either way, which is correct as you, me or anybody else knows what is happening.

First post so go easy.surely if he wants out could he not just float the club on the stock market get the value walk away and let fans buy in as well as the wealthy. I'm sure there's great demand. 

Lee Ryder man, talk about stealing a living.

It’s an absolute fucking joke, like. If the count had any balls he’d be doing everything he could to get some light shed on the dodgy fat bastard.

Guest chopey

It’s an absolute fucking joke, like. If the count had any balls he’d be doing everything he could to get some light shed on the dodgy fat bastard.

He really is, like I said last night he should be following Charnleys every move, instead we get "Charnley took a big silver bird in the sky to a country called Europe and the he came back" ..................click on the following story for a million ads 4 lines of text and we will explain where Europe is.

First post so go easy.surely if he wants out could he not just float the club on the stock market get the value walk away and let fans buy in as well as the wealthy. I'm sure there's great demand. 

Welcome.

The bit in bold is the important part of your post. I don't believe he does.

It would be a massive risk. Any sort of instability (which he brings) would result in the price plummeting. He would then be tasked with having shareholders each trying to block him from stealing his living, blocking deals that are favoured towards his other businesses. A company on the stock market also has to undergo a lot more transparency than one that’s not on the stock market, something which he’d not want as it would result in his deals being seen, and  him being shown up for the cunt he is.

He really is, like I said last night he should be following Charnleys every move, instead we get "Charnley took a big silver bird in the sky to a country called Europe and the he came back" ..................click on the following story for a million ads 4 lines of text and we will explain where Europe is.

:lol: