Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This needs to be a specific bit of work around key areas of concern not just a general ‘true and fair view’ otherwise it will not tell us anything that hasn’t already been reviewed by the current auditors.

the audit comment has the hallmarks of the sort of throwaway comment Ashley seems to make when he’s under pressure, so good on someone for calling him out on it.

I agree that the offer needs to be taken up on...remember to look for the associated companies that will be indirectly Ashleys ... the percentage of merchandise sales that the club gets and of course the 'second' book that will contain all the hidden gems.

Watch he'll make them sign an NDA first  :laugh:

Just needs a proper professional response. "We will take you up on it, but the club please contact us." Not the way to do it. "We will take you up on this and have lined up a group of independent auditors. We have emailed the club on X date and X date and have asked for a response within 5 business days. If we do not receive a response, we will follow-up promptly." Would and should be the way to conduct these type of things with the club. 

My impression is that he has made most of his personal wealth by selling SD shares when they're flying high and buying them back when they're low, rinse and repeat.

Based on my completely uninformed and possibly incorrect observations, this current fall in the value of SD might not be as bad for him, or as unforeseen, as it appears.

My impression is that he has made most of his personal wealth by selling SD shares when they're flying high and buying them back when they're low, rinse and repeat.

Based on my completely uninformed and possibly incorrect observations, this current fall in the value of SD might not be as bad for him, or as unforeseen, as it appears.

Surely if he was found guilty of doing this he'd be in bother, given that he's in the key position to influence the share price?

Basically the fat cunt just randomly quote a silly price after BZG made an enquiry and that’s the end of the story. BZG just laughed and didn’t submit any “offer” hence there was no bid.

doesn't really fit in with the comms from BZG themselves though does it

Their 'comms' don't really fit in with being a multi billion dollar company though.

Basically the fat cunt just randomly quote a silly price after BZG made an enquiry and that’s the end of the story. BZG just laughed and didn’t submit any “offer” hence there was no bid.

doesn't really fit in with the comms from BZG themselves though does it

Their 'comms' don't really fit in with being a multi billion dollar company though.

Maybe it's customary in their culture to announce all mergers & acquisitions via no-name Radio DJ's. Gonna crank up the bass to get some latest investment advice in MENA.

I never realised JD are now worth 6 times more than SD !! thats some fall that like

Once what little prestige wears off the brands he buys on the cheap your market has shrunk considerably.

That video on the article man. Remember that stunt for the cameras when he put the wad of cash into the tray during a fake security check? Sums him up that shite.

Yeah getting searched by security and he pulls out a couple of wads of 50s that would be 6 months wages to one of his Victorian slaves in that warehouse

All part of his show and brinksmanship the utter cunt.

I was wondering about this and had a look through the records and it seems he’s neither bought nor sold since the IPO when he floated 50pc of the company. The company itself has been actively buying shares back which has has the impact of increasing the relative ownership % of MA and any other remaining shareholder.

I never realised JD are now worth 6 times more than SD !! thats some fall that like

Once what little prestige wears off the brands he buys on the cheap your market has shrunk considerably.

I imagine nothing demolishes the reputation of any sports brand worse than becoming a SD brand.  You just know that any of their stuff is dogshit quality generic stuff with the branding added afterwards.

Not that the cheaper Nike, Adidas or Puma stuff is any good either, but I bet anyone other than the most depraved radgies wouldn't be seen dead in No Fear or Lee Cooper shite.

I imagine nothing demolishes the reputation of any sports brand worse than becoming a SD brand.  You just know that any of their stuff is dogshit quality generic stuff with the branding added afterwards.

Not that the cheaper Nike, Adidas or Puma stuff is any good either, but I bet anyone other than the most depraved radgies wouldn't be seen dead in No Fear or Lee Cooper s****.

No way they still sell No Fear and Lee Cooper do they?!

Sports Direct near me sells higher quality stuff as well. Feels like a jumble sale but hate to say I can understand why people use it. There's one on a retail park and a new one opening in the town shopping centre a couple of miles away from each other  :anguish:

Sports Direct near me sells higher quality stuff as well. Feels like a jumble sale but hate to say I can understand why people use it. There's one on a retail park and a new one opening in the town shopping centre a couple of miles away from each other  :anguish:

The kind of quality labels House of Fraser were rnowned for, by any chance?