Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Wonder when we're in teh championship with a ludicrous wage bill for a deadweight squad and another shit manager installed and he can't sell any of our players for close to the value they were at under Rafa do you think he will for a second realise he is a fucking moron? Of course not, it will be the fans fault or something.

Wonder when we're in teh championship with a ludicrous wage bill for a deadweight squad and another shit manager installed and he can't sell any of our players for close to the value they were at under Rafa do you think he will for a second realise he is a fucking moron? Of course not, it will be the fans fault or something.

But he said hes not thick. The guy is as thick as shit and for a billionaire has absolute no business acumen or strategy

He got very very lucky with SD and in around 10 years hell have nothing left

He's completely fucked it this time. Should've took whatever he could get this summer.

We might never be worth as much again.

It would take a multitudinous set of lucky/clever decisions/circumstances to get us anywhere near the solid foundations Rafa had us built upon. 3 years work dismantled in 2 months and it's a long road back and one that won't be taken by choice.

Ashley is pig headed enough to believe NUFC in its current guise is still worth North of £350m though, we need it to cost him money to run before he jacks it in to the highest bidder.

He's completely fucked it this time. Should've took whatever he could get this summer.

It would take a multitudinous set of lucky/clever decisions/circumstances to get us anywhere near the solid foundations Rafa had us built upon. 3 years work dismantled in 2 months and it's a long road back and one that won't be taken by choice.

Ashley is pig headed enough to believe NUFC in its current guise is still worth North of £350m though, we need it to cost him money to run before he jacks it in to the highest bidder.

Totally agree. Even the basic stuff like squad value. Rafa had Longstaff worth £35m, Schar worth north of £20m, Lascelles north of £20m, Perez north of £30m.

There's £100m of assets right there.

After a month of Bruce Longstaff would be lucky to fetch £12m, Schar £6m and Lascelles £10m.

Good job they sold Perez when they did :lol:.

He's honestly completely fucked it this time.

Utter utter clown.

How the fuck he ever became a Billionaire is beyond me.

Totally agree. Even the basic stuff like squad value. Rafa had Longstaff worth £35m, Schar worth north of £20m, Lascelles north of £20m, Perez north of £30m.

After a month of Bruce Longstaff would be lucky to fetch £12m, Schar £6m and Lascelles £10m.

Utter utter clown.

:hello2:

Just incredible to think that our fans actually resent people who protest against this cunt. We could lose the next 5 games (and probably will) and there will still be hostility to any matchday protests. This club is going to get everything it deserves this season. We are going to be completely humiliated. The owner deserves it for gross negligence and actively avoiding an ambitious running of the club, whilst the fans deserve it due to 95% of them complicit in this thanks to their silence, whilst anyone still paying to go is funding this oblivion.

We cannot stay up, or else everything that has happened this summer will be vindicated and the cycle will never end. We need to plummet. What a miserable state of affairs.

Utter utter clown.

Rafa was worth his weight in gold, but he was a pesky medler and we can't have none of that. Ashley will happily cut off his nose to spite his face because any "mistakes" can be fixed with a "short term loan". We'll go down, he'll look to bounce back up, everyone will declare he's turned a new leaf and learned from his mistakes (Except NO).

Trouble is, this model is unsustainable, we're already being overtaken regularly by newly promoted teams, the upper half of the Championship are showing more ambition that us, spending more than us, sooner rather than later we'll go down and we won't bounce back up and then we'll slowly sink into the mire we made.

Just incredible to think that our fans actually resent people who protest against this c***. We could lose the next 5 games (and probably will) and there will still be hostility to any matchday protests. This club is going to get everything it deserves this season. We are going to be completely humiliated. The owner deserves it for gross negligence and actively avoiding an ambitious running of the club, whilst the fans deserve it due to 95% of them complicit in this thanks to their silence, whilst anyone still paying to go is funding this oblivion.

We cannot stay up, or else everything that has happened this summer will be vindicated and the cycle will never end. We need to plummet. What a miserable state of affairs.

Very well said.

Just incredible to think that our fans actually resent people who protest against this c***. We could lose the next 5 games (and probably will) and there will still be hostility to any matchday protests. This club is going to get everything it deserves this season. We are going to be completely humiliated. The owner deserves it for gross negligence and actively avoiding an ambitious running of the club, whilst the fans deserve it due to 95% of them complicit in this thanks to their silence, whilst anyone still paying to go is funding this oblivion.

Great post spot on

I wouldn't pay 350m for a house without a swimming pool

Guest covmag

2 games in and shelvey's already confirmed the aim for the season is just to stay up.

That has been the aim for 12 years

Personally stopped posting in this section a couple of months ago and barely been logged in since Rafa left for a variety of reasons, partly due to trying to find ways to disconnect with the club (which is nigh on impossible with being involved so closely over the majority of my existence) and for other reasons only a couple posters know about. Matchdays still have me checking for updates on Twitter, watching it live whenever I can but away from that I’ve barely checked anything related to the club, completely apathetic about it all which is depressing; Rafa’s quote about what 18 year old supporters think about the club now is striking. Especially to me for the obvious reason that I am 18. I’ve had fuck all to be really excited about bar the last 3 and a half years which even still weren’t without their Ashleyisms, imposing misery. But we felt like something resembling a football club with Rafa Benitez in charge and that's been taken away and shat on.

I can barely be arsed to get involved with protests against this fat cunt. I admire the people involved and will support them all the way as much as I can but can’t help but feel they’re fighting a losing fight, I think gates this season will mirror those of the first half of 2010/11: 41,000-47,000, which isn’t enough of a statement. Boycotts en masse have seemingly never had the appetite from NUFC supporters, stretching as far back as the period between 1988-1992, the United Supporters for Change group backed a boycott against Leeds in August ‘89 but the majority still went. Attendances dropped when results were bad and we were stuck in Div. 2 and floating in midtable and eventually flirting with relegation: 10,004 against Oxford et al. (anyone around during that period correct me if I’m wrong, may well be talking shite)

Ashley could’ve easily avoided all of this: keep Rafa by giving him the pay rise, backing and investment he deserved which wasn’t much in the grand scheme of the PL and would’ve been able to reap the rewards: skim the cream off the top, and advertise his cuntbag company for free, all with minimal input due to the money the club makes from a PL presence. Instead, he’s cut off his nose to spite his face and tried so hard to earn a dishonest penny this transfer window it’ll cost the club a pound. The decisions he’s made have put us on the route to relegation. Deservedly. And I feel like I couldn’t care less.

I sometimes worry that younger fans must think we’re meant to be a shit relegation battler, glad that’s not always the case.

I just want Ashley to fail and suffer as much pain and humiliation as possible. Sadly that means we have to keep losing and get relegated. That said, it’s debatable whether he would even care about that. He certainly doesn’t act like an owner who cares about relegation.

Like you said, to guarantee everlasting PL football, all he needed to do was back Rafa.

I think you're right.

The club with Rafa in tow was a gold mine.

We will never get another manager as good as Rafa under Ashley, and so he'll never come anywhere near what he was offered with Rafa here.

I sometimes worry that younger fans must think we’re meant to be a shit relegation battler, glad that’s not always the case.

I just want Ashley to fail and suffer as much pain and humiliation as possible. Sadly that means we have to keep losing and get relegated. That said, it’s debatable whether he would even care about that. He certainly doesn’t act like an owner who cares about relegation.

Like you said, to guarantee everlasting PL football, all he needed to do was back Rafa.

I know a few lads my age who understand what the craic is and have stopped going/putting any cash into the club while Ashley owns it, but also a few who don't really seem to care what's happening at the club and at this point I just let them get on with it. Personally find no point in getting into arguments because it descends into puerile nonsense which is all too common across social media platforms atm. I also don't think I can ever get myself to the point of wanting us to lose games. I totally understand why people would but I could never do so personally.