Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I could never ever justify supporting nufc if they were owned by Saudi's.

This is where I'm at I feel.

I definitely can't justify supporting nufc owned by Ashley either though.

Starting to care less about football in general.

I'd shamefully be back on board once Mike ashleys gone, regardless. 

I won't even be ashamed of it. There are plenty of British companies doing business with the Saudis, I don't see why it's our job to take one for the team.

I hope those kicking off about potentially being owned by Saudis have gone around tut-tutting Man City fans, whose owners hail from a country that also has serious human rights abuses and is regressive as fuck.

I wonder if there were any City fans that did stop supporting, I don’t know.

I am against everything the Saudi regime stands for like the next reasonable human being, but to immediately lord some sort of a moral high ground over football fans because of it is strange. But we do live in 2020 and this is now normal.

If Sports Direct's Mike Ashley's questionable business practices bankrolled an NUFC which was managed by a true 'footballing board' - that made its own decisions without interference from the owner and in the best interests of the club - I'd be able to turn a blind eye to wherever the finance originated. I don't believe it would matter anywhere near enough to me for it to have a profoundly negative effect on my support of the football team.

But that's probably because, in the context of humanity, Mike Ashley isn't that bad. If the source of money and facilitation originated from something truly abhorrent like wholesale human rights abuse, it becomes a lot harder to turn a blind eye. But this is where it's unfair, and where normal football fans are simply caught in the crossfire between 'real' football's unhappy and incongruous link with economics, politics and current affairs. Football should be impartial to all that, but it isn't these days. Fans are forced into holding positions on non-footballing matters, because those issues have suddenly become reflected by their team. But they've had nowt to do with that process; it's not fair on them.

I don't know how I'd feel if something like this were to happen, really. I'm at a point of desperation because I feel like the state of things has had an effect on my mental health. Not a destructive one obviously, but enough to effect my daily mood, certainly. I'm obsessed with football and I'm obsessed with NUFC; it's been a constant in my life and its hooked-into so many other things - big ticket things, too: family, friends, hobbies. But, now, it's something that makes me feel angry, miserable and/or low at least once a day.

As such, I think I'd find it very difficult not to fully consume myself in optimism if Ashley left, regardless of who came in. And that's why, like I say, the general matters surrounding ownership drags fans into difficult and unfair positions.

I hope those kicking off about potentially being owned by Saudis have gone around tut-tutting Man City fans, whose owners hail from a country that also has serious human rights abuses and is regressive as f***.

I wonder if there were any City fans that did stop supporting, I don’t know.

I am against everything the Saudi regime stands for like the next reasonable human being, but to immediately lord some sort of a moral high ground over football fans because of it is strange. But we do live in 2020 and this is now normal.

I have criticised Man City loads of times on here in the past, I don't know any Man City fans so don't have the option to do it in real life.

Fwiw I can completely understand people still supporting NUFC but I at least hope we don't turn like the City fans I've seen online where they actually defend their horrific owners

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why can't we be bought buy someone who isn't either a total cunt, or literally represents a regime that crucifies people. Let that sink in. They crucify people

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Why can't we be bought buy someone who isn't either a total cunt, or literally represents a regime that crucifies people. Let that sink in. They crucify people

Seems very apt for NUFC tbh. Even if we had runaway success, it's got that dark cloud over it.

I'll take total cunts who invest in the club and make it a success over a total cunt who owns the club just to line his own pockets.

Anyway, I'm currently sat in a hotel in Jeddah, so I can hardly take the moral high ground here :lol:. If I'd happily take Saudi money to keep a roof over my head, it seems silly to get my pants in a knot over Saudis investing in my football club.

(Obviously this will - as per the last 472 takeover rumours - come to nothing, so the whole thing is moot anyway)

In other words Luke doesn't have a scooby

Why do the local journalists always bring up how Ashley will be irked by a possible deal going public, despite him having made numerous television appearances and written interviews on how the club is for sale and in talks with various parties over the years?

The best way I’m finding to enjoy football is just to watch matches that interest you and appreciate the play on the day. The context, the narrative and who has the best sheik competition just annoys me now.

Not sure I could embrace it again, even under a new owner.

In other words Luke doesn't have a scooby

Why do the local journalists always bring up how Ashley will be irked by a possible deal going public, despite him having made numerous television appearances and written interviews on how the club is for sale and in talks with various parties over the years?

It’s almost like it’s a scripted charade used as a smokescreen