Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He’s in the studio with Jim White, might have said something?

Has Jim White mentioned he understands the deal could be completed within 72 hours? Or is that patter kept for talkSport.

Whether or not things are happening, it feels like some people/news outlets are just saying whatever they can to keep generating clicks.

There's not really been anything of substance since the story broke. It's just a lot of opinions, ifs, buts and maybes.

Idk man, did you read that Martin Samuel article? He repeats the same question 8 times, pretty insightful stuff.

Pete Graves now acting the t*** that he has an update but doesn't want to write it in case it is mis interpreted.  Undoubtedly it will be nothing significant.

Pete Graves - the walking, talking haircut that claims reading the headlines and showing his pearly whites and proper journalism is the same thing.

This is what Ashley said during the summer. He’s either lying (nah) or it’s off as the story is out there. If the bid is serious and he decides not to sell we may as well give up all hope.

'Put in £10m and it's a joke. OK, that's how the market is. But it's not something I can afford, and it's not something Newcastle can afford while I own it. The over-riding reality is that I am just not wealthy enough to own Newcastle. I genuinely believe you need £1billion. People say £500m but I'd bet anyone that these days you can't do it for that. Not to compete at the very top.

'Manchester City can afford to have an ageing team; they can afford to just write players off. How can we do that? It's not possible. Therefore you have to go for the best young players and hope they develop that little bit and become world-beaters.

'That is our principle and it hasn't changed for many years. But to compete, I need someone to take Newcastle off me who literally wants to put in £1billion.'

For the Ashley Out campaign and his many detractors, here comes the bad news. 'So I have to assume I will stay running this football club. There are no offers. Define an offer. I'm not a believer any more. Peter Kenyon convinced me last Christmas that it was going to get done. I'm never doing that again. I think I could own this football club for ever. That is my new mental state. The reality is with these deals that once it gets out, if it's not done, it's probably not going to get done.

'The day someone buys Newcastle, they'll do their due diligence - and finished. It will happen like Manchester City. By the time the media find out, it's already complete. There's no need for a delay with Newcastle. It is, honestly, a very well-run football club.

'The last bid, the one from UAE, he's a prince and he's got £38bn or £100bn, all these numbers — well, why would you even care what you're paying then? What difference would £10m either way make? You would want speed, you would want certainty, you would want the keys and to get on with it.

'I will not stand in the way of Newcastle United. I will not stop that, if it happens. If such a person comes along I will think I've done quite a good job and I will want to keep going to watch them. I'll keep a box, because my parents will demand it. Every time there's a story that I've sold, I get the phone call. "You haven't included our box in the sale?" When you own a football club, the whole family are in.'

This is what Ashley said during the summer. He’s either lying (nah) or it’s off as the story is out there. If the bid is serious and he decides not to sell we may as well give up all hope.

'Put in £10m and it's a joke. OK, that's how the market is. But it's not something I can afford, and it's not something Newcastle can afford while I own it. The over-riding reality is that I am just not wealthy enough to own Newcastle. I genuinely believe you need £1billion. People say £500m but I'd bet anyone that these days you can't do it for that. Not to compete at the very top.

'Manchester City can afford to have an ageing team; they can afford to just write players off. How can we do that? It's not possible. Therefore you have to go for the best young players and hope they develop that little bit and become world-beaters.

'That is our principle and it hasn't changed for many years. But to compete, I need someone to take Newcastle off me who literally wants to put in £1billion.'

For the Ashley Out campaign and his many detractors, here comes the bad news. 'So I have to assume I will stay running this football club. There are no offers. Define an offer. I'm not a believer any more. Peter Kenyon convinced me last Christmas that it was going to get done. I'm never doing that again. I think I could own this football club for ever. That is my new mental state. The reality is with these deals that once it gets out, if it's not done, it's probably not going to get done.

'The day someone buys Newcastle, they'll do their due diligence - and finished. It will happen like Manchester City. By the time the media find out, it's already complete. There's no need for a delay with Newcastle. It is, honestly, a very well-run football club.

'The last bid, the one from UAE, he's a prince and he's got £38bn or £100bn, all these numbers — well, why would you even care what you're paying then? What difference would £10m either way make? You would want speed, you would want certainty, you would want the keys and to get on with it.

'I will not stand in the way of Newcastle United. I will not stop that, if it happens. If such a person comes along I will think I've done quite a good job and I will want to keep going to watch them. I'll keep a box, because my parents will demand it. Every time there's a story that I've sold, I get the phone call. "You haven't included our box in the sale?" When you own a football club, the whole family are in.'

The box could well be the issue.

Fancy having to lick Stavely's arse to get an interview

Memories of Sonya’s snatch....

Fucks sake. Had wiped that from my memory. Fwiw I thinks Staveleys arse would be clean as a whistle.

Afterwards 😛

100% up for this, I quite fancy her

10% or rangers he had , TEN!  fuck all , and yet he still takes.

He simply cannot and will not pull out of anything that makes him money.

He is making fucking millions out of us year upon year at the expense of the fans and i believe the general region  also.

It is impossible for him to give it up , totaly impossible , look at his potfolio man , its all shite brands and crap. Nufc is the most prestigious asset he has.

HE WILL NOT LET GO!  EVER!

There should be a full  boycott of every single home game starting immediately until he sells the club once a for all.

There is never a better time than now.

Enough is enough.

Guest The Little Waster

Just lock the feckin thread already

Yeah, let’s discuss our latest exciting loan signing and Brewcie’s front foot football instead.

Might as well , same amount of reality involved

He is making fucking millions out of us year upon year at the expense of the fans and i believe the general region  also.

It is impossible for him to give it up , totaly impossible , look at his potfolio man , its all shite brands and crap. Nufc is the most prestigious asset he has.

There should be a full  boycott of every single home game starting immediately until he sells the club once a for all.

Enough is enough.

Is he actually making millions out of us though? Really?

Honestly, I doubt the Saudi's are that interested in Ashley's mum's box.

Enough is enough.

Is he actually making millions out of us though? Really?

:dowie:

I dont mind him having a box. Let him see how he killed this club when we flourish.