Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The more I think about it, the more shocked I am that he’s eventually sold up. He has no incentive, ok he’s got something like £350m, but he’s been able to get that for a few years and never sold up.

Some people say COVID was the reason but the deal was pretty much agreed before the pandemic.

Maybe it has been because this next relegation would cost him too much and there is less of a chance of bouncing back, but again on balance he would have been better off letting us have a couple of relatively cheap players and a semi-decent manager who wouldn’t cost the world and would keep us up.

I’m not sitting here saying he’s kept his word and sold us to someone who he thinks could take us to the next level, because I don’t think that either, as like before he has had that opportunity before and he has shown that he clearly does not give a fuck about us at all.

Lately there has been talk that he wants to retire and step aside from SD, maybe he just wants to step aside from everything and just live in his holiday mansions with money in the bank.

Maybe he knows he’s reached the ceiling price of the club and wants it now, or thinks he can reinvest some of it in another club or something and hit another ceiling and sell them, quite like Derby.

Whatever the reason I’m surprised because even though we saw the decline coming, a couple of good decision and he could have easily kept us in the Premier League and used us as his cash cow.

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

And so ended the Competition Appeal Tribunal's 15 minutes of fame.

Well here is the thing. It was clearly a part of the deal that he dropped the case, I reckon.

Seems like we lifted up a rock and they had to scurry.

Ashley admitted to being baffled by football.  I can see why as he appears unable to develop and adhere to any kind of long term strategy.  I think he's used to putting money into a venture and seeing immediate results.  Buy some chain of stores and either see a bump in sales or prestige or notoriety.  He can probably get that at Derby.  Once it gets stabilized, he'll lose interest and we all know what happens then.

Just now, Darth Crooks said:

He has one business model. Tells himself he’s the greatest business man there is and when it doesn’t apply to football it has been football’s fault. Needs nowhere near sport

He’s a shit businessman full stop, NUFC is a football club, but also a business and it has underperformed at every level. To allow such a business to be relegated twice from the most lucrative market in sport is bad business. He got lucky with SD like he did with Rafa, he doesn’t even run it, if anything there were times where his own board wanted him out or away from any decision making. He’s basically a wealthy car boot sale/jumble sale man as that’s what his entire tatty sports stores resemble on any given day. 

32 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The more I think about it, the more shocked I am that he’s eventually sold up. He has no incentive, ok he’s got something like £350m, but he’s been able to get that for a few years and never sold up.

Some people say COVID was the reason but the deal was pretty much agreed before the pandemic.

Maybe it has been because this next relegation would cost him too much and there is less of a chance of bouncing back, but again on balance he would have been better off letting us have a couple of relatively cheap players and a semi-decent manager who wouldn’t cost the world and would keep us up.

I’m not sitting here saying he’s kept his word and sold us to someone who he thinks could take us to the next level, because I don’t think that either, as like before he has had that opportunity before and he has shown that he clearly does not give a fuck about us at all.

Lately there has been talk that he wants to retire and step aside from SD, maybe he just wants to step aside from everything and just live in his holiday mansions with money in the bank.

Maybe he knows he’s reached the ceiling price of the club and wants it now, or thinks he can reinvest some of it in another club or something and hit another ceiling and sell them, quite like Derby.

Whatever the reason I’m surprised because even though we saw the decline coming, a couple of good decision and he could have easily kept us in the Premier League and used us as his cash cow.

Apparently he's upset some of the locals in Miami where he purchased his home

3 hours ago, Abacus said:

Well here is the thing. It was clearly a part of the deal that he dropped the case, I reckon.

Seems like we lifted up a rock and they had to scurry.

Yeah, of course. I'm just saying Ashley's case seems to have brought the CAT about as much public interest as it's ever likely to get. :lol: 

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, huss9 said:

now he's gone, did we ever find out who was behind ashleyout and sackpardew.com?

Definitely Wraith involved.

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Can we build a statue of this man and have pigeons shit on it for eternity?

Haven’t they suffered enough?