Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He did say, in that interview with Martin Samuel a couple of years ago, that he would keep his executive box "because my family will demand it". So we might not be shot of him just yet.

If nothing else he can see what the club could have been like under him if he wasn't such a clueless prick.

Just now, Stifler said:

Let’s also not forget that as well as keeping his box, he is also a Spurs fan and has reportedly bought a box for them after selling us.

Biding his time for when they consistently miss CL football and all future revenue projections are in the bin. Guess who wins again.

7 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Huge inflatable Sports Direct mug at St James by the looks of things. Think it says something like 'Goodbye something something Mug'

Photo going around twitter.

Former Newcastle defender Steven Taylor:

"Were there any positives to take from Ashley's time at Newcastle? Looking back now, not really, no. 

"The way he handled things - whenever we thought we were doing well as a club, every year he would do something to upset the staff, the fans. You go in every day and see the staff just miserable.

"There was no energy around the place. The renaming of the stadium, that was outrageous to do. 

"I can’t think of one good thing from him from my time at Newcastle other than giving me a new contract.

"Stuff that Mike Ashley did, like naming the stadium the Sports Direct Arena, you’re just going against what the fans love."

This cunt has damaged NUFC in way that not even a takeover can fix. Managers and players are easily replaced but Ashley has changed the very essence of our support. The raw passion and defiance in the face of adversity has gone because the type of fan who has those qualities can no longer get in the ground. And the cardboard cut-outs that have replaced them wont be giving up their season tickets now. Utterly, utterly depressing.

Edited by Wandy

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I can't believe Ashley's final fuck you was to take £8 million out of our budget to rebuild the club and give it to Bruce, no wonder Bruce was his lapdog 

He was like a bitch in heat when Ashley called!

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I can't believe Ashley's final fuck you was to take £8 million out of our budget to rebuild the club and give it to Bruce, no wonder Bruce was his lapdog 

I’m sure there will be many more fuck yous that come out of the woodwork.

Ridiculous corporate deals etc. 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Rumours going around again that he’s still interested in Derby, but is waiting until the last minute to make a bid for them.

It would be interesting to watch that unfold from afar.  

Wish the cunt would stay away from clubs with a bit of prestige. I know they are in the championship, but they still have some history and a decent fanbase. Buy some no mark club like Hull or Morecambe and the model will fit his budget plans. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wish the cunt would stay away from clubs with a bit of prestige. I know they are in the championship, but they still have some history and a decent fanbase. Buy some no mark club like Hull or Morecambe and the model will fit his budget plans. 

You can sod right off with Morecambe like. Hull, I'm with you. 

Happy for him to buy one of the media darlings though. Love to see him buy spurs. I know it won't happen but I would think it was great if he bought man u. Bet what a prick he is would soon be showcased to the world then.