Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

5 minutes ago, RS said:

In the short term this will great news for their stability and security. However, years of no ambition whatsoever is a pretty big price to pay for it. 

They won't be giving ambition later on a second's thought tbf. They just need the club to survive but it would be naive of them to think that there's no way Ashley would bid for them without there being some benefit for him and him alone. I also completely fucking resent the revisionism, ill informed garbage or just flat out lies they're perpetuating and will be perpetuated if he does get them stable. Ugh.

We know he's a shit owner and he was awful for us however Derby are in a very different situation to us, their recent year's have not been great and right now they are in a perilous position 

They just need someone to clear the external debt and stabilise them so they have a football club for the near future 

It's possible for him to be the worst owner for us but be an okay one for them 

3 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

haha by debts  I mean pay off the debtors, which will then be a loan to the club! But it gets them off their backs immediately

:thup: in which case I agree. And he'll probably be lauded and we'll probably be sneered at. 

Who knows how it would pan out in the long term. Perhaps his methods/lack of interest in actual football would be less incongruous with a support that doesn't expect its club to at least attempt to compete in the top half of the Premier League. 

I'm not absolving him at all for his approach to being our owner, but when he came here, we were a couple of good decisions away from competing for Champions League places; such was our standing and the shop not being closed. Ultimately, we fell horribly and missed the train when, actually, we could've been on it in Spurs' place. Forget the specifics: we regressed, and that's why he was hated. 

Derby, on the other hand, are literally at the lowest point in their history and haven't had consecutive seasons in the Premier League for twenty years - a whole generation of fans who've known nowt but the Championship (and one record-breakingly bad season back in the Prem). They can barely regress any further. 

I wouldn't rule out him being seen as some sort of saviour if he came in and rescued them from administration, I can already hear my Derby-supporting uncle giving me slaver despite the different context, and me having explained umpteen times through the years what it was like and what it meant to be a fan of an Ashley-ran NUFC.

Derby is an operation more in keeping with his methods I reckon. I fully anticipated him downsizing and settling for Championship football had we not come back under Rafa or got relegated last season. Him buying Derby now would be very him

Fucking awful bastard. Therapeutic as fuck talking about the rotten twat in the past tense.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

We know he's a shit owner and he was awful for us however Derby are in a very different situation to us, their recent year's have not been great and right now they are in a perilous position 

They just need someone to clear the external debt and stabilise them so they have a football club for the near future 

It's possible for him to be the worst owner for us but be an okay one for them 

Aye, wouldn't be so quick to look down on their fans for this. They're on the brink, don't blame them for accepting literally anyone at this stage.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Their fans on Twitter seem happy because he’ll make the club financially stable and at the minute, they might go bust.

They’re not wrong, he may well do. What they’re either unaware of or are choosing to ignore is that he’ll then make Derby County a vehicle to primarily generate revenue for himself/SD/Frasers (whatever he’s calling it these days).

They’ve also obviously got no idea that the day-to-day running of everything will be left to those he already trusts and will support every decision he makes rather than people who strive for success.

Sorry, but I’d rather see my club go bust than have Ashley. His time here was a real torture. He sucks the joy and excitment out of football Clubs, and makes them shadows with no purpose.

My initial thought was... we have to do everything we can to assist Derby County fans against MA.

Then I visited their football forum and saw how pathetic they all were and how willing they were to label us as deluded and liars and how MA actually saved us.

I left there hoping he does indeed by their club and I hope we draw them in the cup and we smash them to pieces.

Just now, Anderson said:

Aye, wouldn't be so quick to look down on their fans for this. They're on the brink, don't blame them for accepting literally anyone at this stage.

Keeps them in the football league and maybe in 15 years they’ll get their club back too.

Yes, being bought by MA is marginally preferable to being liquidated. Although at times under MA I Would have happily seen the club liquidated.

Edited by STM

Love that delusions of grandeur shit. About the fan base who were getting excited about the Gallowgate End windows being cleaned and a couple of exercise bikes and fake grass getting put down in the changers at SJP. Embarrassing Cunts.

If this happens, I hope all of the villains we’ve endured over the years make an appearance. Charnley, Wise, Barnes, Harris….fuck them. 

Long term it has disaster written all over it, because he’s a mental cunt and derby are a basket case club. It isn’t inconceivable that in the short term he could stabilise them a bit and push for promotion but equally he could still be high on making a profit at Newcastle or decide as a fuck you to us to spend a bit of money, because that’s how he operates and nobody can predict what he will do.

I just feel sorry for Derby, that they are reduced to begging for Ashley or they go bust. It all comes down to is Mike Ashley spiteful enough to want to spend some of his own money as a fuck you. 

13 minutes ago, cookidge said:

As much as I would want to see it fail, I have a feeling he'll take them over, stabilise them, then sell for profit, and be heralded as a hero for them. Then onto the next.

I think in the short term you are right, but eventually he will return to type, he's had two goes at football clubs and both sets if fans and City's hate him

Guest HTT II

My good friend supports them so I hope it doesn’t happen, he’s been very sympathetic to our plight under Ashley.  

45 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They will not return to the PL under Ashley, they don’t have the revenues and he won’t spend!

This is it. As a company they will be saved, however Mike will have them running on a tight shoe string. He took us from being a club regularly in Europe before his arrival, to running on a Championship budget and ultimately going down twice under his ownership (and still could go down a 3rd time because of him) because of it. Him buying a Championship club means he will run them on a League One budget.

Rooney maybe able to get some loans in from his pals, but ultimately he will realise what’s happening and jump ship, if Everton don’t come calling for him sooner. Then people like his son in law and other friends who have no business in football will run the club from Shirebrook or their own homes and there will be no decision made for the benefit of the club.

Pretty soon the only people who will touch Derby and who Ashley will touch will be the likes of Bruce and other run of the mill EFL PFM’s like Darren Ferguson etc.

Edited by Stifler