Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Ashley wanted a team he could just keep in the PL for the minimum possible expenditure. For us, that was horrific because it was a massive step back. For Derby, it would be fantastic.

Ashley's ambition has a ceiling. If he takes every club to that ceiling, it's not necessarily bad for all of them.

Still an absolute cunt and a parasitic arsehole though, and he was obviously horrific for us.

19 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Ashley wanted a team he could just keep in the PL for the minimum possible expenditure. For us, that was horrific because it was a massive step back. For Derby, it would be fantastic.

Ashley's ambition has a ceiling. If he takes every club to that ceiling, it's not necessarily bad for all of them.

Still an absolute cunt and a parasitic arsehole though, and he was obviously horrific for us.

He only barely managed it with us, and we're a much bigger club than Derby. It would be much, much harder to reach that ceiling with a Derby than a NUFC, and in all likelihood that ceiling would be lingering in the mid to bottom half of the championship with Derby.

Let's not forget that he lucked his way into having one of the best managers of the last 20 years here and we still went down and then only just managed to stay up.

His successor then had the two jammiest seasons I've ever seen, and still only just managed to stay up (much thanks to the defensive solidity) of his predecessor. Neither of those things happens at a club like Derby, so I really don't see how A****y gets them anywhere near the PL gravy train. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Liquidation is better than being owned by Mike Ashley. That’s not even an exaggeration. 

I would have took it like. 

Ashley FC was pointless. It existed for the sake of existing. 

Just reading in the Times that he's bid £50m for Derby.

Due to being in administration, the article goes on to state;

"With a transfer embargo in place, Derby can only sign free transfers or agree low cost loans..."

If he takes them over, you could replace this with;

"With Mike Ashley in place, Derby can't even sign free transfers or agree low cost loans..."

Guest HTT II

They (their fans) really don’t know what they are letting themselves in for if they welcome that bastard cunt face twat buy their club. If they go down this season, they won’t even get out of League One under him.

5 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Just reading in the Times that he's bid £50m for Derby.

Due to being in administration, the article goes on to state;

"With a transfer embargo in place, Derby can only sign free transfers or agree low cost loans..."

If he takes them over, you could replace this with;

"With Mike Ashley in place, Derby can't even sign free transfers or agree low cost loans..."

Pardew first in ?  He wont be paying Rooney's salary or demands [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They (their fans) really don’t know what they are letting themselves in for if they welcome that bastard cunt face twat buy their club. If they go down this season, they won’t even get out of League One under him.

It’s the perfect situation for him to starting leaching from them. They can dress it up anyway they wish but a leopard doesn’t it’s spots. They might be screwed to some degree but he’s about to start taking their soul.

I'm sure their fans will love the first few years as he gets them back to the Championship, keeps them there and challenges for promotion to the PL with his sole goal of using them as an advertising vehicle in mind.

Then he'll realise the money he's throwing down the drain with Derby being nowhere near our level of exposure and revenue (no matter how stunted by his idiocy) potential.

Best of luck to their fans at that point.

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I'm sure their fans will love the first few years as he gets them back to the Championship, keeps them there and challenges for promotion to the PL with his sole goal of using them as an advertising vehicle in mind.

Then he'll realise the money he's throwing down the drain with Derby being nowhere near our level of exposure and revenue (no matter how stunted by his idiocy) potential.

Best of luck to their fans at that point.

Derby will not challenge for promotion to the Premier League under him, well maybe if they have a fluke season like when we finished 5th.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Derby will not challenge for promotion to the Premier League under him, well maybe if they have a fluke season like when we finished 5th.

Bear in mind 'challenging for promotion' could even just equate to hovering in/around the top six which various teams can crash at any point in that league.

I just think he's dumb enough to spend a bit the first couple of years, thinking it'll do the trick, and the fans will be placated by it. I don't believe he'll actually get them promoted though, that's for sure. And when they don't he'll let them rot like he did us. 

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Interesting. If the club go down, I can see the Saudis flexing and taking over the remaining consortium stakes. Either that or replacing the directors.

No, it'd be too much of a risk in them being allowed back in the Prem upon promotion I reckon.

58 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Tat signs came down too early?

Can't see it going to high court for just signs tbh - nor just about her and her bloke, and not all of them (consortium).