Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

Looks like fatty is going after Derby today, he's putting his money where his mouth is. 

Hopefully he chokes to death 

Edited by gbandit

Hope he fails in his attempt. He should be nowhere near a football club again, in any form. Unless it's the mackems:lol: Partner him up with that bearded wierdo who's bidding for them, and life will smile again:lol:

On 21/06/2022 at 08:27, Dr Jinx said:

1 million quid a season to have all that crap littered around SJP and the training ground 😮 the absolute cheek of the cunt.

I know it’s a point made a million times but that is absolutely fine and no one has a problem with NUFC being ripped off. When we could profit from advertising though…..

On tonight’s local news (East Midlands Today)…..The Sports News from Derby indicated that Ashley had put down £50 million to the administrators as an indication that he was keen on buying the club and ground.

That's true I think https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/22/mike-ashley-rivals-andrew-appleby-group-50m-deposit-ready-save/ (from yesterday)

Mike Ashley has ramped up his bid to buy Derby County after depositing £50 million to acquire the club and Pride Park Stadium.

Ashley's group are set to inform Derby's administrators, Quantuma, that they are ready to proceed with a deal to rival former chairman Andrew Appleby and save the club from liquidation.

Telegraph Sport has seen correspondence that shows Ashley's lawyers, RPC, are holding £50m in preparation to complete a takeover of the stricken League One club.

The deal is understood to include the club and its assets, plus the stadium which is still owned by former chairman Mel Morris.

Ashley's proposal will not include any charges for the rent of Pride Park, or take any money out of the club, including charges of interest, for the next 10 years.

Guest HTT II
8 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

I don't want him dead. I just wish somehow he would get his comeuppance financially.  

The latter first, then the former.

11 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

On tonight’s local news (East Midlands Today)…..The Sports News from Derby indicated that Ashley had put down £50 million to the administrators as an indication that he was keen on buying the club and ground.

My forest supporting pals are creaming themselves over this. 

I wish he'd bought Derby now. Would have kept him busy ruining someone else's lives instead.

That said, I've got nothing against Derby fans. So I don't know what I'm saying, except wishing he'd go away.

• 2 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62965808

Mike Ashley is to step down from the board of Frasers Group, owner of the Sports Direct chain that the retail billionaire founded 40 years ago.

Mr Ashley had already handed over the running of the group to his son-in-law Michael Murray earlier this year.

Frasers said Mr Ashley would not be standing for re-election as a director, and would leave the board next month.

The company also announced that Mr Ashley will provide the company with £100m worth of funding.

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

Don't really need to be updated on his business antics any more. If he's not buying a football club he should just fuck off and stop appearing on boards like this.

Happy to be updated if he ever goes bankrupt, dies or goes to prison