Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Coventry fans seem to think he'll own them eventually.

Some sensible comments about his time with us.

"When Ashley took over NUFC they were a revenue powerhouse - ranked 14th in all of Europe by Deloitte. The graph below shows how far backward they went under Ashley - literally a decade of stagnation."

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/mike-ashley-takeover-…ready-and-waiting.145824/page-2

13 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Coventry fans seem to think he'll own them eventually.

Some sensible comments about his time with us.

"When Ashley took over NUFC they were a revenue powerhouse - ranked 14th in all of Europe by Deloitte. The graph below shows how far backward they went under Ashley - literally a decade of stagnation."

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/mike-ashley-takeover-…ready-and-waiting.145824/page-2

Some ill-informed shite too. 

Mental there are still people who buy the whole “on the verge of admin” stuff that was only true because he didn’t do his due diligence.

Coventry are one of those clubs I have a soft spot as I grew up with them being in the top league and then they fell apart. The whole Ricoh arena thing fucked them but if Ashley comes along then they might as well just dissolve as a club before the inevitable soul crushing tenure 

Aye, only true because the finance we had was due immediately instead of the original end date in the event of the club being sold.

If he doesn’t buy them then hopefully they’ll still move to a new stadium because he’ll fuck them. Without the football club he’s got a stadium sitting doing fuck all, a bit like that stadium in Darlington that now hosts non-league rugby. It will just lose him money, especially if he doesn’t bring sponsorships when they end.

I can’t even see him being able to bring in artists for a concert with Birmingham on the doorstep.

Apparently Coventry’s new owners offered to buy it for £25m just before Ashley bought it for  £17m, so hopefully for their sake the cunt sells up to them immediately. As we all know though he’s put in place loads of contracts tying him to the stadium.

• 3 weeks later...

Horrible, horrible, horrible cunt

The man is a fucking leech.  Why can’t he just take his ill-gotten gains and fuck off?  Buy a lifetime’s supply of Frey Bentos and sit in front of the telly.  It’s a sport for the man. 

Obviously the desperate sad cases like Keys are impressed by money and sure in their own bigotry that we’re wrong.  But I doubt they reflect the majority of Coventry City supporters, who’ve had nowt but shite news re their club for two decades now.  The poor soda deserve a break; the fates gave them Mike Ashley

31 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

The coventry fans seemed so sure that Mike Ashley was hard done by with our fans. Turns out a c**t can't change it's spots.

They really didn't like. Most could see he's a parasite.

Such an awful human being. Coventry forum unanimous that he's doing this so he can get their club on the cheap. (Not that I really understand; is their sale uncertain atm? I thought someone else had snapped them up...)

From that forum:

"Make no mistake - if this is just a ploy by Ashley to get the club on the cheap, it just proves that he only cares about his own personal enrichment, and doesn’t give a shit about the club or its fans."

I don't want to laugh at them because they're victims but it's mad seeing people have these epiphanies over Mike Ashley ffs. :lol:

Aye, a man who’s known for treating everyone with contempt, using any means necessary for his own gain and seemingly taking a psychopathic joy out of destroying others has done it again. The naivety you have to have to believe he could be anything other than the most destructive force your club has ever experienced is mind boggling