Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Fucking hell. So apparently he is about to appoint Gary Hoffman to the board of the company he owns for the Coventry arena. This is the same Gary Hoffman who was brought onto the PL’s board by the top 6 clubs and BeIN to block our takeover, the same Gary Hoffman who is apparently a massive Coventry City fan.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Fucking hell. So apparently he is about to appoint Gary Hoffman to the board of the company he owns for the Coventry arena. This is the same Gary Hoffman who was brought onto the PL’s board by the top 6 clubs and BeIN to block our takeover, the same Gary Hoffman who is apparently a massive Coventry City fan.

Keys also seems very quiet on this today.

Be some massive scam by Ashley, getting Hoffman and probably Keys on board, trying to get the club on the cheap, with roles promised for them.

24 minutes ago, ianovthetoon said:

Surely if the club tell him to fuck off and look elsewhere he’s going to be stuck with a massive white elephant?

Makes no sense whatsoever 

That simply won't happen because of the "guess who wins again" principle.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Could see this turn of events coming ages ago. It was the only logic behind him going after the stadium instead of the club. He’s a piece of work.

I know. I've never subscribed to this idea that he'd be a good owner for XYZ a club that people float.

Based on what?! He's been nothing but a total c**t.

He ran us like we were Coventry/Derby he'd run Coventry/Derby like they were Burton/Mansfield. He's in it for him and creaming the surpluss off the top of what a club really is and what he wants it to be is his game.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

I know. I've never subscribed to this idea that he'd be a good owner for XYZ a club that people float.

He ran us like we were Coventry/Derby he'd run Coventry/Derby like they were Burton/Mansfield. He's in it for him and creaming the surpluss off the top of what a club really is and what he wants it to be is his game.

What surplus would he get from Coventry or Derby ? Best he'd get is getting them up and flipping them.

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

That simply won't happen because of the "guess who wins again" principle.

We can at least dream about a scenario where the club gets another stadium and everyone in the surrounding area of the current stadium shuns it no matter what Ashley tries to do with it...until he wins again. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

The sickest part is that capitalism offers much easier rewards for investment elsewhere - this fucker clearly likes the power of toying with people’s emotions. No-one is going to get hung up over him doing this with a distressed sports brand or high street shopping chain.  The bastard simply enjoys hurting people. 

4 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

There’s some brainless NUFC fan on Coventry’s forum saying that despite how much he hates Ashley, he’d throw money at Coventry to get them promoted. Unreal. 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

There’s some brainless NUFC fan on Coventry’s forum saying that despite how much he hates Ashley, he’d throw money at Coventry to get them promoted. Unreal. 

Saw that. Pushed the buttons to sign up and be annoyed but thought better of it in the end.  :lol:

I have fond memories of Coventry from when Micky Quinn played for them so I'm a little bit gutted for them. I'd say I'd rather it happened to X club but I don't think I'd wish him on any club, not even the mackems.

Except man u. I'd absolutely love that.

1 hour ago, Stal said:

I have fond memories of Coventry from when Micky Quinn played for them so I'm a little bit gutted for them. I'd say I'd rather it happened to X club but I don't think I'd wish him on any club, not even the mackems.

Except man u. I'd absolutely love that.

Yeah always enjoyed trips to Coventry. Only away game I took the Mrs to. 0-0 Andy Cole missed a pen and she still hates Cobi Jones.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sat a row or two in front of Mike Ashley at Coventry in the early days, he was loving it. Thought he'd be the perfect owner :lol:

I think it was Cov anyway, my memory is terrible. 

That was literally the game before it all kicked off I think?