Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

4 hours ago, Stal said:

Read some of the comments on twitter and it seems they're happy about this. Beggars belief.

They never had to put up with him. They only know about the media narrative about us being deluded and only thinking we hated him because we never won anything. They also believe the narrative that we were virtually about to be liquidated without him.

The Rangers fans were no doubt happy when he 1st arrived at their club. As we see, it’s only when he’s got his mitts on you that you fully appreciate/understand what he’s like.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Ben said:

Professional Horrible Cunt Mike Ashley still selling his goods in Russia, what an arse.

That might be a good thing. When the Russians reach the front all smug in their Slazenger branded thermal gloves and hats, then they realise it’s all piss poor crap and they’re going to freeze to death. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Spending some of his money on buying 2 shopping malls. One of them in Luton, the other in Dundee, £100m for both.

Surprised he hasn't tried something crass like buying both Dundee clubs, getting rid of both grounds and having one club and stadium.

20 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

Do we know what his end game is with the CBS/Ricoh Arena in Coventry yet? Other than plastering his tat all over it eventually I assume.

I expect he’s going to hike the rent to an unsustainable level when the contract runs out in June and make sure the only way the club stays afloat is him buying it. 

14 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I expect he’s going to hike the rent to an unsustainable level when the contract runs out in June and make sure the only way the club stays afloat is him buying it. 

Probably for a knock down price 

23 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

he should have done his research then because every time the owner has tried hiking the rent Coventry have moved out.

21 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Surprised he hasn't tried something crass like buying both Dundee clubs, getting rid of both grounds and having one club and stadium.

From memory, didn’t Peter Marr get close to doing this?  I think it’s mooted a few times in the past.  

Has anyone found themselves going to Sports Direct less and less now that it isn't directly helping the owners as well clothing the kids?

Not sure the Saudi's have any outlets where someone like you could feel something similar. :( That as well as enjoying the superb retail experience, you are also doing your bit for the club and your fellow followers of the football.

5 minutes ago, BottledDog said:

Has anyone found themselves going to Sports Direct less and less now that it isn't directly helping the owners as well clothing the kids?

Not sure the Saudi's have any outlets where someone like you could feel something similar. :( That as well as enjoying the superb retail experience, you are also doing your bit for the club and your fellow followers of the football.

Eh?

A lot of our fans didn’t go to his stores because SD was sucking money out of the club, not the other way around.

Right now I still hate Ashley for what he did to our club, but I’m not as inclined to omit his stores as I used too, although it’s worth noting that for the majority of what he sells, it’s a case of you get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, Northerngimp said:

I only go to his shop as a last resort, its a most unpleasant experience looking for items. 

Since Debenhams went bust, he’s the only place that I know who sells the only boxers that I like.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Eh?

A lot of our fans didn’t go to his stores because SD was sucking money out of the club, not the other way around.

Right now I still hate Ashley for what he did to our club, but I’m not as inclined to omit his stores as I used too, although it’s worth noting that for the majority of what he sells, it’s a case of you get what you pay for.

Whoosh :lol: