Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The theory I’m getting from the replies is he’s gone back on the sale of the strawberry place grounds, possibly as part of a takeover deal. However it’s most likely irrelevant

What importance it has to do with the takeover? Please explain to me, I really don't understand.

Yeah I don’t get it either

Read the replies. They explain it in there

I did. Still none the wiser. I must be thick.

Well I wrote the reasoning that I could gather from the replies on the previous page. It’s probably nothing but their theory seems to be the strawberry place land sale was pending planning permission and the sale has been cancelled as new owner wants the land as part of the deal to expand. Tbh I think it’s nothing major myself

What importance it has to do with the takeover? Please explain to me, I really don't understand.

Well I wrote the reasoning that I could gather from the replies on the previous page. It’s probably nothing but their theory seems to be the strawberry place land sale was pending planning permission and the sale has been cancelled as new owner wants the land as part of the deal to expand. Tbh I think it’s nothing major myself

Not that I believe there is going to be a takeover now or ever but surely any knowledgeable buyer would be aware of the chances of getting the land behind the gallowgate sorted when its still possible rather than potentially having to splash out hundreds of millions on alternative ideas of stadium upgrade

If that's the case, it's pretty fucking major :lol: but yeah, that won't be the reason.

I agree, we were never in danger of becoming a Leeds. If that was the case, Ashley wound have snapped us up for a £1 and taken on the debt like he does with all his other vulturesque manoeuvres.

Even that whole bullshit about not realising how much was owed is nonsense. It was plain as day and info easily accessible as we were a plc at that time.

Everything since then has been a PR war game to deflect the real reason he bought the club. Well, since it turned on him.

Think at the start he was genuinely loving the attention. Only so long a cunt can keep a facade going for though until everyone sees the reality.

I agree with all of this, but the one point that was not known was that the mortgage became payable almost immediately on a sale. This would however be clear with 5 minutes reading of the loan document so it's no excuse

Has the sale of the land definitely been cancelled or is it just that the striking off of the company has been cancelled?

Just the company by the looks of it.  People just speculating as to why.

Has the sale of the land definitely been cancelled or is it just that the striking off of the company has been cancelled?

Just the company by the looks of it.  People just speculating as to why.

:thup:

Just the company. They are speculating on the reason

so the suggestion is there was another buyer going to buy the land and they'd starting proceedings to strike off the company in anticipation of the sale as it was just the vehicle for the sale, now that they've cancelled the striking off the guess is that it's because the sale will be delayed as he'll now be selling the land to BZG as part of the takeover

am i following that logic correctly?

so the suggestion is there was another buyer going to buy the land and they'd starting proceedings to strike off the company in anticipation of the sale as it was just the vehicle for the sale, now that they've cancelled the striking off the guess is that it's because the sale will be delayed as he'll now be selling the land to BZG as part of the takeover

am i following that logic correctly?

Yes

This is quite literally irrelevant.

Ashley sold the land, it already had extant planning permission. The developer has just changed their mind on the development and wants to do it slightly differently hence recent engagement and new submission for EIA screening opinion to NCC. This is very normal.

Whatever Ashley is doing with his Newco here, and he has many companies like this, has literally no link to Strawberry Place development being taken forward by Marrico Asset Management and Helios Investment Partners.

Would people be opposed to adding a stadium name sponsor in order to increase maximum income? Saw an article on the Chronicle (I know...) that said we could recoup a potential eight-figure sum with a stadium sponsor.

Yes.

Would people be opposed to adding a stadium name sponsor in order to increase maximum income? Saw an article on the Chronicle (I know...) that said we could recoup a potential eight-figure sum with a stadium sponsor.

I would prefer not.

It's not exactly an easy thing to get either (at the right level that would make it worthwhile doing) - Spurs haven't managed to find anyone to sponsor their new stadium, West Ham the same.