Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This is quite literally irrelevant.

Ashley sold the land, it already had extant planning permission. The developer has just changed their mind on the development and wants to do it slightly differently hence recent engagement and new submission for EIA screening opinion to NCC. This is very normal.

Whatever Ashley is doing with his Newco here, and he has many companies like this, has literally no link to Strawberry Place development being taken forward by Marrico Asset Management and Helios Investment Partners.

so the land is 100% gone from ashley then, sold?

This is quite literally irrelevant.

Ashley sold the land, it already had extant planning permission. The developer has just changed their mind on the development and wants to do it slightly differently hence recent engagement and new submission for EIA screening opinion to NCC. This is very normal.

Whatever Ashley is doing with his Newco here, and he has many companies like this, has literally no link to Strawberry Place development being taken forward by Marrico Asset Management and Helios Investment Partners.

Was reading through happy faces thread on Twitter thinking we still had a chance with Strawberry Place, then some nob head called Greg brought things crashing down. Damn you Greg.  :lol:

In theory, could the BZG start bidding or at least enquire about players while a takeover was going through. I'm not daft enough to think that such wonderful forward planning would exist for us but it's a nice thought.

That would be presuming contact with Rafa had been made and a list had been drawn up.

If it brings in £100m a year so we can get around FFP i couldn't give a f***.

If its to advertise some c***s tat for buttons then i'd rather see the ground burn down.

100m a year? I thought it said it could bring in an 8 figure sum

:lol: I thought they meant about £10-12m

It's all massive speculation, so whatever figure they are talking about is irrelevant. We still have Ashley as owner, ffs, so massively premature. So back to the original question, would I? Unless its game changing amounts then its a no from me but if we're doing to stick a finger up at the closed shop they its fine by me.

I'm saying nowt until we have new owners. Once this deal collapses/is revealed as unicorn spittle, CUNT will be using these comments to justify his actions.

"The fans clearly want a new stadium so I've given them the Car Park at Shirebrook."

I don’t want a name change, but obviously it was 100 times worse because we were getting nothing in return. And it was Ashley. And it was possibly the worst brand in the world.

And it wasn’t a name, but a weird email address thing.

If I was a multi billionaire coming in, I’d arrange a ground share for a season or two. And demolish the stadium and start again. The site is perfect.

St James’ can be loud when it gets going but it’s far too tame now, most of the PL is. I’d try and get away from that.. set a trend going a different direction.

Imagine having an atmosphere like this at home games... and this is only 35,000

https://youtu.be/oiLk1V9ivVY

If I was a multi billionaire coming in, I’d arrange a ground share for a season or two. And demolish the stadium and start again. The site is perfect.

St James’ can be loud when it gets going but it’s far too tame now, most of the PL is. I’d try and get away from that.. set a trend going a different direction.

Un fucking real that.

It’s tame because fans are tame, no?

Well you’ve only gotta spend any amount of time in the platinum club before a game to see the soul has been ripped out of the club. Literally only the corner at SJP makes any noise all through the game, sometimes the rest join in, mostly they don’t.

The fans have gone soft but it’s not irreversible.

Really ?  Surely that would instantly get every fan hating you.

Well you’ve only gotta spend any amount of time in the platinum club before a game to see the soul has been ripped out of the club. Literally only the corner at SJP makes any noise all through the game, sometimes the rest join in, mostly they don’t.

How long is it since you went? The Wor Hyem mob at the back of the Gallowgate towards the Milburn Stand sing pretty much all game, every game, and have improved the atmosphere as a result.

Would it? If you knew an instant classic of a stadium wound be built, 80,000 capacity. You’d seen the plans etc. Would you not put up with ground sharing with the smoggies for a year?

It obviously wouldn’t happen straight away. Takes a year or two to get planning permission at least.

How long is it since you went? The Wor Hyem mob at the back of the Gallowgate towards the Milburn Stand sing pretty much all game, every game, and have improved the atmosphere as a result.

I didn’t go this year. Was last season. My last match at SJP was the Southampton 3-0.

Guest alijmitchell

I kind of agree tbh, it's a beautiful thing to look at SJP (well it was a few years back - needs a facelift), but the design is shite for atmosphere. It creates no communal sense of being at the match together. You can't even see the away fans / a large part of level 7 from back of the Gallowgate and the less said about the east stand the better.

Would it? If you knew an instant classic of a stadium wound be built, 80,000 capacity. You’d seen the plans etc. Would you not put up with ground sharing with the smoggies for a year?

It obviously wouldn’t happen straight away. Takes a year or two to get planning permission at least.

I believe it would, yes.

A club loses so much of it's identity when it moves to a new stadium and i'd rather we tried to achieve success in the current SJP.

Of course I'd never balk at any success but it would be ever so slightly tainted for me if it didn't happen inside the current SJP.

I accept I am old fashioned and am a bit traditional.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with the stadium TBH - the ground is universally recognised as being one-off the most iconic in the UK due to its imposing city centre location.

The atmosphere will be generated when the fans have a real club to get behind IMO.

The cost of football has also had a huge impact on the atmosphere - I fully expect entry into the Turkish league games is the equivalent of a packet of crisps or something meaning it’s much more accessible for the average radgie!