Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It was Leazes Park and ground to the north which was identified and it is a brilliant asset to the city and as such the correct decision was made.

Plus it would have been a canny hike from the City Centre pubs to the stadium... not getting any younger here  ???

It was actually going to be built on Castle Leazes which is the piece of land between Spital Tongues and Leazes Park. Personally, I still think they should look at this option again, as it's literally a few hundred yards from the current stadium.......the current SJP site could then be given back to the city and incorporated into Leazes Park.

Imagine a 70,000 seater stadium set there man, it would be incredible.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=458915&page=6

It was Leazes Park and ground to the north which was identified and it is a brilliant asset to the city and as such the correct decision was made.

Plus it would have been a canny hike from the City Centre pubs to the stadium... not getting any younger here  ???

It was actually going to be built on Castle Leazes which is the piece of land between Spital Tongues and Leazes Park. Personally, I still think they should look at this option again, as it's literally a few hundred yards from the current stadium.......the current SJP site could then be given back to the city and incorporated into Leazes Park.

Bollocks to that, man. We've got a fantastically unique stadium that needs some TLC. Moving elsewhere isn't necessary; the priority should have been protecting the land behind the Gallowgate.

Pretty sure when the Leazes stadium plan was presented SJP would have been the reserve/rugby ground.

Personally I’d rather we kept the Gallowgate land and expanded SJP onto that into a 60+k stadium. More than enough

:thup: Expand as much as possible and modernise SJP.

Pretty sure when the Leazes stadium plan was presented SJP would have been the reserve/rugby ground.

Personally I’d rather we kept the Gallowgate land and expanded SJP onto that into a 60+k stadium. More than enough

SJP was going to be turned into an arena, the Gallowgate stand was to be kept, new stands on the 3 other sides built, and a roof put on top.

Bollocks to that, man. We've got a fantastically unique stadium that needs some TLC. Moving elsewhere isn't necessary; the priority should have been protecting the land behind the Gallowgate.

Here is a "direct link" to the SkyscraperCity post about the 1997 Castle Leazes Stadium Plans / Details . . .

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=63356735&postcount=81

I try forget about this day to day then every now and then imagine a fuck off yellow bar on ssn ‘Newcastle takeover completed’ and all the hope comes flooding back

Greg what makes you so confident?

The silence.

:thup: if local journalists weren't doing their utmost to say it's not happening just to be able to get some clicks we'd all be feeling a lot better about things atm

Spot on.

I'm still not confident at all, mainly because our club has been found guilty in court of intentionally and repeatedly misleading the press, public and fans of Newcastle United.

Do any of you not think keeping silent might suit the club in helping to mislead fans?

The silence.

:thup: if local journalists weren't doing their utmost to say it's not happening just to be able to get some clicks we'd all be feeling a lot better about things atm

Spot on.

I'm still not confident at all, mainly because our club has been found guilty in court of intentionally and repeatedly misleading the press, public and fans of Newcastle United.

Do any of you not think keeping silent might suit the club in helping to mislead fans?

Tjlttkl.gif

What's the plan for when the takeover is completed? Meeting up at SJP and then drinking the town dry?

Saturday 29th June might be about spot on for a Takeover Party in Toon... here's hoping the pieces fall neatly into place during the next two weeks  :)

The silence.

Spot on.

:lol: behave man

What's the plan for when the takeover is completed? Meeting up at SJP and then drinking the town dry?

Saturday 29th June might be about spot on for a Takeover Party in Toon... here's hoping the pieces fall neatly into place during the next two weeks  :)

I'm out in Newcastle on the drink that day, so I'm in.

The silence.

Spot on.

Tjlttkl.gif

:lol: