Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

What's the plan for when the takeover is completed? Meeting up at SJP and then drinking the town dry?

Saturday 29th June might be about spot on for a Takeover Party in Toon... here's hoping the pieces fall neatly into place during the next two weeks  :)

My birthday  :snod:

They seem like decent forward thinking guys but it wouldn’t be too wise to welcome them with open arms like we did with Ashley.

I’d like to see them earn any admiration or plaudits they get from us. Simply having the money to buy the club means nothing.

They seem like decent forward thinking guys but it wouldn’t be too wise to welcome them with open arms like we did with Ashley.

I’d like to see them earn any admiration or plaudits they get from us. Simply having the money to buy the club means nothing.

You are already kissing the guys arse on WhatsApp man :lol:

You are already kissing the guys arse on WhatsApp man :lol:

I wouldn’t call it kissing his arse but I was courteous to him and likewise back to me.

Apart from a few interviews on YouTube and his LinkedIn posts, we don’t know anything about him.

Am happy to give them a chance but after Ashley, everyone will have to earn my trust as far as this club is concerned. Their actions will speak louder than words so let’s just see what they do with their chance.

when Ashley bought the club, did he splash the cash at all initially?- Can't actually remember much apart from him getting rid of hippo head early doors.

when Ashley bought the club, did he splash the cash at all initially?- Can't actually remember much apart from him getting rid of hippo head early doors.

Splashed the cash in Blubambu.

Alan Smith, Joey Barton were his. Was Viduka ?

Alan Smith, Joey Barton were his. Was Viduka ?

yep them as well as Enrique and Beye as the good signings

Pretty sure at least Alan Smith was the fat mans signing, Ashley not fat sam that is. There was a bunch of media around Smith being one of Ashleys favourite players.

I actually remember that summer at the time thinking it was our best window ever. Against most others it still wasn't bad tbf, don't remember us signing so many players that looked potentially good like that before or since. 

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhnal

Geremi

Smith

Cacapa

Enrique

Faye

Beye

Pretty sure at least Alan Smith was the fat mans signing, Ashley not fat sam that is. There was a bunch of media around Smith being one of Ashleys favourite players.

I actually remember that summer at the time thinking it was our best window ever. Against most others it still wasn't bad tbf, don't remember us signing so many players that looked potentially good like that before or since. 

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhnal

Geremi

Smith

Cacapa

Enrique

Faye

Beye

Appearances can be deceptive.

Geremi was a highly respected player in his day but well past his sell by date when he came here.

Enrique and Beye were class. It’s a shame we couldn’t keep hold of both for longer than we did. The rest... just a whole load of baggage really.

A fat, unfit, unmotivated Australian, a thug, a wannabe thug and a pair of defenders who couldn’t.

Faye was solid then unceremoniously left.

That was my first summer as an NUFC supporter. Definitely thought most transfer windows would be like that

Rememebr that. Then he came back and scored an equaliser in the last minute for Stoke iirc. If he hadn't scored that goal we wouldn't have been relegated, so he definitely got the last laugh.

I'm sure we conceded a couple of really late goals that season which ultimately lost us around 8 points.

Viduka

Barton

Rozenhnal

Geremi

Smith

Cacapa

Enrique

Faye

Beye

Yep, he wore a Smith shirt to the games.

GqRWoTv.jpg

every chronicle article is like me writing every essay i every wrote trying desperately to reach the word count without actually putting any worthwhile content in, fucking stealing a living

Aye. No new news, 1000 word essay on how they’ve ‘changed tactics’. :lol: