Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

For the life of me, I do not understand what would make the job attractive to anyone. Who the fuck would want this job, now more than ever ?

part of being a manager is supreme self confidence and most will think ok sure rafa couldn't get Ashley to change but I sure can etc. Also it'll probably be someone out of work for a while wanting to get back into premier league management where they only requirement for success is finishing 17th. And lets be honest it'll probably be Pardew

You can just see that the club will take ages to appoint a replacement and in the end would just give it to Neil Redfearn. Whoever takes the job is absolute bonkers and is probably taking the job with the hope that they would be paid off handsomely if any takeover was to happen.

You can just see that the club will take ages to appoint a replacement and in the end would just give it to Neil Redfearn. Whoever takes the job is absolute bonkers and is probably taking the job with the hope that they would be paid off handsomely if any takeover was to happen.

Anyone who cares about their reputation wouldn't take it

However there are 10s of middle of the road arse lickers queuing up to take it. Sherwood Hughes monk etc etc

Does that line at the end saying 'not to consider that as a distraction for the time being' translate as the takeover is real but its taking time? Why mention 'for the time being' if its not happening then?

Anyone who cares about their reputation wouldn't take it

However there are 10s of middle of the road arse lickers queuing up to take it. Sherwood Hughes monk etc etc

why? its a free shot, get relegated or sacked just point (rightly) to ashley as the reason for the failure and anything resembling success (sadly even just finishing 17th) will get you another prem job or two when you do leave.

Why would we not believe BZG’s statements?

That’s where I’m at with this. Common sense would say it’s a trick, a ruse etc. Good ol’ Mike Ashley at it again.

Except BZG are not washed up has-beens like Amanda Staveley or Peter Kenyon. They are many times bigger than Sports Direct.

They will have done their homework. Including how MA has been in the past with potential buyers.

They had meetings and they came to an agreement. They went public with it because someone leaked the story.

So why that was leaked is now more interesting.. what was the agenda behind it, if we can assume it was KBA that did it.. why though?

Why would we not believe BZG’s statements?

That’s where I’m at with this. Common sense would say it’s a trick, a ruse etc. Good ol’ Mike Ashley at it again.

Except BZG are not washed up has-beens like Amanda Staveley or Peter Kenyon. They are many times bigger than Sports Direct.

They will have done their homework. Including how MA has been in the past with potential buyers.

They had meetings and they came to an agreement. They went public with it because someone leaked the story.

So why that was leaked is now more interesting.. what was the agenda behind it, if we can assume it was KBA that did it.. why though?

Ashley doesnt want to sell. It doesnt matter what they are up too!

For the life of me, I do not understand what would make the job attractive to anyone. Who the fuck would want this job, now more than ever ?

Decent salary. You don’t have to try. Any takeover happens (lol) you’ll get a big pay off. Just need to do as Mike says and you’ll be golden. No feeling for Newcastle, the club or the city necessary.

The FA need to step in and implement certain laws that can serve to protect its clubs from owners like Mike Ashley, or those that are making just as big a mess at other clubs further down the leagues. Things can't continue the way they are otherwise it's simply going to drive fans away from football.

11 years of putting up with lies, embarrassment, Ashley losing 2 tribunals against employees, asset-stripping and everything else he's done to us should show the FA that he's not a competent owner.

The FA are going to do absolutely fuck all man look at clubs with owners like Blsckpool,Coventry,Bolton,Luton,Gateshead,Leyton Orient,Portsmouth theres a long list the FA dont give a shit man

Its fucking terrible with Ashley and personally I think the cunt should be hung from the rafters of the Tyne bridge but it's nowhere near as bad as them teams I've mentioned.........Yet

Guest godzilla

That’s basically the content of the two statements they’ve released :lol:

And has anything official came out to dispute those statements?

Odin is an older supporter like myself (though am only 46 😉) and he’s been on NO for many years. I will continue to back what he says, if only to get a bit of positivity. Whatever the state of the Saudi bid, they need to get their skates on one way or another. Time is running out. And that’s if Ashley is willing to sell - which I doubt,

Fatty has shot himself in the foot today. He’s devalued the club, made next season a lot harder and further alienated the fan base. He’s not just a cunt - there are definite sociopathic/narcacistic tendencies there. He’s a full blown mentalist and his having ‘fun’ with us may not be done for many years yet.

Odin is an older supporter like myself (though am only 46 😉) and he’s been on NO for many years. I will continue to back what he says, if only to get a bit of positivity. Whatever the state of the Saudi bid, they need to get their skates on one way or another. Time is running out. And that’s if Ashley is willing to sell - which I doubt,

Fatty has shot himself in the foot today. He’s devalued the club, made next season a lot harder and further alienated the fan base. He’s not just a cunt - there are definite sociopathic/narcacistic tendencies there. He’s a full blown mentalist and his having ‘fun’ with us may not be done for many years yet.

Very well put across the board. Ashley has something wrong with him. At this point Im left wondering if I just want him to lose as much as possible financially. I guess its just that kind of day cause that means we would be in a lower division but I hate that fat prick.

If you want to put a positive spin on it, it could be Ashley is selling the club and he and his cronies have decided to take the piss.

Bishop's agency came back on Twitter knowing full well they would get slaughtered, Ashley knowing Benitez would not sign a contract.. then leaks to the press that its over with before Rafa jumps.

Its then up to whoever comes in to appoint someone.. could all be plausible, but we have lived with Ashley for too long to expect anything other than easy.