Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Nothing new but it is from the guy that broke the story

I'm sure it is still in motion as far as the parasite hasn't pulled the rug officially ....yet.

and that's what we should wait for something official.

Well you obviously wait for something official, doesn't mean you can't draw accurate conclusions from things that happen.  Such as the loss of a major asset will affect the sale of an organisation/business/club.

Not if he wasnt who they want, could also explain the 1 year contract offer.

Hope Fat Mike dies before he can pull the plug. Wtf does Kenyon want with us anyway if he doesnt even have the cash to buy us?

Again, hope the cunt dies quickly.

Surely he's just the football man, selling the investment. He'll be using his reputation to [try to] convince prospective investors that profit can be made.

Kenyon's group would almost certainly mean Ashley control in all but name.

Exactly. And what he's hinted at in the past with his 'I could retain a shareholding' bollocks.

It's the perfect scenario, he's in the background pulling the strings, some other cunt gets all of the stick and he's still massively benefitting from a profit making business and some diversification when all of his other eggs are the failing retail sector.

It's FAR more likely than the Arabs buying him out in one fell swoop and ridding us of the cretin.

Kenyon's group would almost certainly mean Ashley control in all but name.

Exactly. And what he's hinted at in the past with his 'I could retain a shareholding' bollocks.

It's the perfect scenario, he's in the background pulling the strings, some other cunt gets all of the stick and he's still massively benefitting from a profit making business and some diversification when all of his other eggs are the failing retail sector.

It's FAR more likely than the Arabs buying him out in one fell swoop and ridding us of the cretin.

*serbian warlord*

Nothing new but it is from the guy that broke the story

I'm sure it is still in motion as far as the parasite hasn't pulled the rug officially ....yet.

and that's what we should wait for something official.

Well you obviously wait for something official, doesn't mean you can't draw accurate conclusions from things that happen.  Such as the loss of a major asset will affect the sale of an organisation/business/club.

Not if he wasnt who they want, could also explain the 1 year contract offer.

You could be right, but I don't buy that they would happily rock the boat that much by getting rid of a world class manager knowing full well what he means up here, surely they'd rather have some kind of transition period rather than just wade in and upset everything by fucking him off? (speculation I know)

For me, the more likely explanation of the 1 year contract is to try and keep him on at least while the 'takeover' rumbled on knowing he's a valuable asset, also as a last gasp 'we tried' offer.

Out of interest why do people think Kenyon would be a bad option? Maybe my memory is bad but I thought he did well at Man Utd and Chelsea?

Obviously i would prefer a wealthy sheik

Because he doesn't seem to have 2p to rub together, and the thought that he would concede to a lot more of Ashleys demands, sponsorship etc...maybe even allowing him to hold a large share.

Out of interest why do people think Kenyon would be a bad option? Maybe my memory is bad but I thought he did well at Man Utd and Chelsea?

1) He's clearly struggling to raise the cash.

2) If he does get enough to take it off Ashley's hands it'll be entirely on Ashley's terms due to this lack of funding.

3) He's clearly on preferential terms/matey terms as demonstrated by that statement sucking on Ashley's hoop earlier this year.

4) From the little I did know before it broke (as mentioned on here) I had major concerns from the company he kept during the bid process.

5) From the above, I know he wanted Aitor Karanka to have a role at the club, I assume as manager.

So, all in all, I think he'd be a fucking disaster and my money would be that he'd be the worst of all options and that's without me even knowing all of the options.

he would buy the club with debt which he would leveredge on to the club. Season ticket prices would double.

Guest godzilla

Seen this rumour doing the rounds. IF that’s true it’s worrying.

Been my feeling all along.

Kenyon will cede loads more than a cash rich/wealthy buyer. Which would surely suit Ashley.

And nothing to back that up whatsoever

This is absolutely far more likely than the imbecilic idea that BZG, a company far wealthier than SD are part of a smokescreen for their good pal Mike to sack Rafa.

Yep.

I want to sell to someone who can take the club forward = I want to sell to someone who will continue to advertise my tat for nowt.

This BZG lot will sharp get bored of being messed around by the fat cunt, and the club will be withdrawn from the market. Again.

So fucking predictable, the only way out of this is to  really crank the protests up.....and by that I mean going down the West Ham route of threats and actual violence. Him and Charnley should be made to fear for their lives. Sports Direct stores should be fair game too (empty ones obviously).

Been my feeling all along.

Kenyon will cede loads more than a cash rich/wealthy buyer. Which would surely suit Ashley.

And nothing to back that up whatsoever

Other than an intricate knowledge of the M&A process having been involved in buying and selling my own companies.

In every single transaction there are concessions on both sides. Some big, some small. It therefore follows that the guy with the worst hand going into the deal needs to cede the most during the transaction which would suit the guy with the stronger hand.

If Kenyon had that strong a hand he'd be running the club by now.

Someone just get hold of Ashley. I don't care if its ISIS or whoever. Get him to sign a release of club owenership letter and then leave him on a deserted island full of monkeys where he can advertise his SD shit all to himself.

Not a bad idea. Dress him in nowt but a pair of SD boxers and put him on 24 hour broadcast.

Please don't promote or encourage acts of violence on here lads, in jest or otherwise. It only takes someone to do something daft for the forum to be potentially dragged into it.

I'm actually astounded that a club who has fans willing to punch a horse has not yet seen mass destruction of NUFC property or other acts of violence against the club or senior club personnel.  I am mostly pleased about this, but I am surprised (given the willingness to punch a horse!)