Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Massively tarnishing his business now. With clubs and even countries having their own online shops, and own stores, I don’t think it will take long for them to sack off Sports Direct. Quite simply they don’t need SD anymore, and the shitty deals they offer are no longer tempting.

I have no idea tbh. The FAI has been picked apart by auditors and forensic accountants over the last few months. So it’s probably just another strand to the ongoing shitshow there.

:thup:

I'd love the Premier league to go down the same route as the NFL,NHL,NBA and MLB in having it's own merchandise setup whereas consumers order direct from one site and monies then distributed to the clubs

Would be a far better setup and would mean the fat cunt cant sell a football shirt in his store again

I think in future they will have an online shop, but it will be more of an online supplier type of business (or them sending the order to the clubs), rather than the Premier League taking over the sales of merchandise. Quite simply the bigger clubs won’t agree to sharing their shirt sales revenue.

Guest neesy111

Optus Sport pre game coverage over here in Australia, not sure if it's an exclusive thing or just rebroadcast. Ian Wright is also there.

It'll be the PL global broadcast.

I noticed Phil Neville joined a long list of pundits praising Ashley for being a good businessman. I'm fairly sure owners at other Premier League clubs are successful businessmen, but are still able to run their football clubs competently yet we only hear the good businessman comment when it comes to Ashley. Its a discussion about football what Ashley does at Sports Direct means nothing in the context of how he is poorly running Newcastle.

When people claim he’s a good businessman, it just shows how little they know on the topic. They have no idea how his poor decisions at SD via his employment issues, his horrendous acquisitions and other strategic decisions over the past few years have mostly failed and degraded the share price of his company - coupled with the fact that his entire business model contradicts e-commerce :lol:

I noticed Phil Neville joined a long list of pundits praising Ashley for being a good businessman. I'm fairly sure owners at other Premier League clubs are successful businessmen, but are still able to run their football clubs competently yet we only hear the good businessman comment when it comes to Ashley. Its a discussion about football what Ashley does at Sports Direct means nothing in the context of how he is poorly running Newcastle.

Good businessmen don't buy football clubs because it's good business. They buy football clubs because it is a passion that their good business sense affords them the opportunityy to facilitate.

When people claim he’s a good businessman, it just shows how little they know on the topic. They have no idea how his poor decisions at SD via his employment issues, his horrendous acquisitions and other strategic decisions over the past few years have mostly failed and degraded the share price of his company - coupled with the fact that his entire business model contradicts e-commerce :lol:

You could just point out to people that whilst other clubs have raised commercial income by significant amounts in the last decade, Newcastle's has stayed flat, barely showing any increase since he took over.  That's all despite the club being on TV far more and having a much greater media following than most other teams in the bottom of the Premiership.  At a time when games are being broadcast more and more both at home and abroad Ashley has been completely unable to raise the club's profile and bring in additional sponsorship.