Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Matchday income is around the £30m mark which is a huge wedge of money. The point that many people miss is that, without fans, there is no football club.  I'm still certain a mass boycott would rid us of him sooner rather than later. Never happening, but it would.

It's the only option we have and I do think it would work. A mass boycott would reduce revenue, attract bigger negative media coverage, effect the brand of the Premier League with an empty ground for TV coverage and will bring all sorts of unwanted attention towards Ashley that his little bum chum Bishop couldn't cover up. We have the power to drive the cunt out but far too many won't listen to this and continue the cycle of shit we are in. Fuck them and fuck the club. Enjoy the miserable existence while the real supportes of NUFC happily go about their lives away from this shit show.

Yep, also it'd hand the advantage to every visiting team with no fans and a ghost-like atmosphere around the stadium. The fans are probably worth 10 points over the course of a season at least. Meaning Ashley would lose match day income but also probably have to spend more on the squad to achieve his aim of staying 17th, or else actually look for a way out. It's win-win, but it'll never happen sadly.

Surely there is a billionaire out there who not only has the wealth but also the brains to buy us and get it a deal done and over with with this fat cunt.

Why pay the pricks asking price and have to put up with lord knows what Rangers style clauses he has stuck into the clubs commercial contracts hobbling your revenue when you can buy a "lesser" club in a better state for cheaper and use the money saved to sink into transfers.

Sports ownership is a small community, and word spreads.  There is a reason why we have only really had chancers dating back to Barry Moat and people trying to cobble together consortiums seriously interested despite every major American NFL and NBA owner considering the Premier League.

That is the most likely scenario. If it was just a case of pay X amount of money and the club is yours, someone would have bought it by now.

Obviously he doesn't want to let go of the promotion rights and that makes the club worthless to someone else, other than someone who is willing to be a front like Kenyon.

Surely there is a billionaire out there who not only has the wealth but also the brains to buy us and get it a deal done and over with with this fat cunt.

Why pay the pricks asking price and have to put up with lord knows what Rangers style clauses he has stuck into the clubs commercial contracts hobbling your revenue when you can buy a "lesser" club in a better state for cheaper and use the money saved to sink into transfers.

Sports ownership is a small community, and word spreads.  There is a reason why we have only really had chancers dating back to Barry Moat and people trying to cobble together consortiums seriously interested despite every major American NFL and NBA owner considering the Premier League.

That is the most likely scenario. If it was just a case of pay X amount of money and the club is yours, someone would have bought it by now.

Obviously he doesn't want to let go of the promotion rights and that makes the club worthless to someone else, other than someone who is willing to be a front like Kenyon.

Kenyon doesn't have the money. Period. He also wrote a lovely public letter to Mike saying how nice he was to deal with.

BZG; well, the last we heard from them they said "please don't blame Ashley, or us if we don't buy the club". Then they disappeared into thin air.

He will be a complete cunt to deal with no doubt, but I don't see any evidence Kenyon or BZG were ever serious. I believe Staveley was, but the next 2 sagas seemed and still seem scripted.

https://theovertake.com/~protest/liverpool-vs-the-sun/

This is how it’s done. The power of a united fan base.

They got rid of a national institution by staying united. Okay, boycotting the Sun is easier than boycotting your club but even against Gilet and Hicks they took strong action.

Aye but in the main everyone was on their side, we're up against most of the press, pundits and Sky, it's not the same really, ours isn't really a fair fight.

They got rid of a national institution by staying united. Okay, boycotting the Sun is easier than boycotting your club but even against Gilet and Hicks they took strong action.

Aye but in the main everyone was on their side, we're up against most of the press, pundits and Sky, it's not the same really, ours isn't really a fair fight.

What  :lol: Hillsborough was one of the biggest cover ups of all time. They had no one ☝️ n their side. Not even fellow working class cities with similar experiences. Just look back at some previous posts in this forum.

What  :lol: Hillsborough was one of the biggest cover ups of all time. They had no one ☝️ n their side. Not even fellow working class cities with similar experiences. Just look back at some previous posts in this forum.

I meant with Gilet and Hicks, when they wanted the club back from them two. Nowt to do with Hillsborough in my point there.

I meant with Gilet and Hicks, when they wanted the club back from them two. Nowt to do with Hillsborough in my point there.

Did you even read the post you were  replying to?

Did you even read the post you were  replying to?

Of course but i was just commenting on Gilet and Hicks in the post, and how the Liverpool fans dealt with that when they wanted them gone.

Apparently he is wanting to sell the land the training ground is on and is preparing to move it to Ponteland.

I first heard the rumour at the Magpie meeting the other week, heard it again from another source recently.

I know under Shepard, NUFC owned land up there, not sure if the club still does. I’d imagine land would be more at premium at Ponteland than Benton.

Club doesn't own the land the training ground is on. Never has.

Never knew that.

Who’s the land owner?

Civil Service Sports Club.

Be interesting to see what the terms of the lease are in regards to usage - does it have to be a training ground or is it some vague clause about having to be used for a NUFC related that is so loosely defined that as long as you stick a poster of Shearer on the wall, it would count.