Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I dont know why he just doesnt sell and go buy sunderland for the 30mill or whatever , it would be a good deal/opportunity  for him he could learn from our experience  and the mackems would love him.

They could go and buy Sheff Wed, large fan base, ripe for a new stadium and facilities.

He wont pay for stadiums and facilities though plus sunderland already have those .he wont even need to pay for new seats.

Mackems are the perfect club for him. At least we moan a little bit sometimes, they'd fall over themselves to lick his boots

Would it surprise anyone if he waited till after the transfer window shuts to actually sell ?

It would surprise me if he actually sells.

Totally but if he were, you could see him deliberately hanging on till after the deadline.

Worth bearing in mind that MA actually loses money personally by giving mates rates to SD for advertising. He will maximise his cash return on this sale by not requiring any contractual obligations beyond what already exists between NUFC and SD (and there would be no benefit to MA for these being long-term, short-term or rolling arrangements give him more overall control).

Here's a thought:

Maybe everything is agreed and signed. And the only thing everybody is waiting for is the Premier League to aprove the new owners as "fit and proper".

My guess is we will know by the end of the week!

Guest neesy111

Worth bearing in mind that MA actually loses money personally by giving mates rates to SD for advertising.

How does MA lose that money?  Surely it's the club that loses that money.

Ashley should sell us and buy another club at a very cheap price with the money. Surely there is an owner somewhere willing to sell their club and get profit from it. Ashley can make that his new advertising vehicle.

Guest godzilla

Ashley should sell us and buy another club at a very cheap price with the money. Surely there is an owner somewhere willing to sell their club and get profit from it. Ashley can make that his new advertising vehicle.

15 miles down the road is a perfect one for him

At the risk of sounding like a deluded geordie, there aren't many clubs around that will give him the exposure nufc does, especially a 'cheap' club.

I wished they'd said something along the lines:

season tickets sales fell substantially this season as fans have lost trust that Ashley really is trying to sell the club.  At the start of the season Ashley stated that there has never been a bid on the table with available funds.  A section of the fan base believe this and have carried on attending St James' park.  If Ashley fails to sell this time we fear for the future of the club.  More fans are going to become disillusioned and stop going.  More free tickets will be offered to keep up appearances.  Long term season ticket holders will stop buying when they know free tickets are available.  We could easily spiral out of the league, and god forbid, end in in league 1.

Heart wants to believe in this, and I hate it. Head says it's never gonna happen, refuse to believe. Now or never, and I'm sick of all this..

Same :thup:

Surely if this doesn't come to fruition and by all credible resources it's down to him saying yes or no, it has to be the final straw for those that have sat on the fence all this time.

Ashleyout have issued a statement

No, it's a joint statement by various fan groups.

It’s not the best. I just don’t see the point in antagonising him, and the last line does exactly that.

Exactly this.  If I was Ash and saw this statement I'd pull the plug just to spite them!!!

from what I can see that fans statement hasn't went down well :lol:

You can just see Charnley making sure that Ashley gets to read it, in an attempt to save his own job.  The statement will achieve absolutely nothing positive.

Statement just wasn't needed imo. He doesn't give a fuck in any meaningful sense that he'd read it and think ok then lets sell up for the good of the people and city. However he's certainly petty enough to decide to throw in more shit to put them off and fuck up the deal imo.

Just not required.