Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Of course

TV piracy hits Saudi Newcastle takeover – not the beheadings and crucifixions then?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/29/tv-piracy-saudi-newcastle-takeover-beheadings-crucifixions-mike-ashley

Why do the media make more of the Saudis humanitarian record when they're buying us but all the clubs that are owned by the Russians or the Chinese get hardly any bother at all? They're worse than the Saudi in the humanitarian world rankings... not by much, but certainly worse none-the-less.

Of course

TV piracy hits Saudi Newcastle takeover – not the beheadings and crucifixions then?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/29/tv-piracy-saudi-newcastle-takeover-beheadings-crucifixions-mike-ashley

Why do the media make more of the Saudis humanitarian record when they're buying us but all the clubs that are owned by the Russians or the Chinese get hardly any bother at all? They're worse than the Saudi in the humanitarian world rankings... not by much, but certainly worse none-the-less.

It’s because they’re looking at taking us over.  There’d be not a peep if an offer was going into the Glazers.

I remember 1996, The Mirror in particular were terrified that we were going to win the league.

Of course

There's been lots of articles in The Guardian about what's going on in Russia and China and the shameful actions of both governments. I guess the difference is Putin and Xi don't own clubs or aren't currently looking to buy clubs over here to the best of my knowledge.

Of course

Can you list "all the clubs" that are owned by the Chinese and Russian governments?

Of course

It’s because they’re looking at taking us over.  There’d be not a peep if an offer was going into the Glazers.

I remember 1996, The Mirror in particular were terrified that we were going to win the league.

Can vaguely recall MOTD (I think) showing the top of the prem, from second down.......guess who was top......hated the media, with a couple of exceptions, ever since

Of course

Can vaguely recall MOTD (I think) showing the top of the prem, from second down.......guess who was top......hated the media, with a couple of exceptions, ever since

No recollection of that mind.

Of course

No recollection of that mind.

Remember blowing my lid, missus was there and even she raised a sultry eyebrow......mind that may have been dust in her eye.....mind it may have been when KK blitzed the Champo......age is a killer 🥺

I wish these would go out of business.

I didn't think they could get any worse after the BZG saga but this is just embarrassing

“ We edited his 'Resources' attribute to 20, the maximum possible, and gave the Gunners a Sugar Daddy status of Foreground, which means that the owner is actively topping up the transfer budget for the club.”

Guest The Little Waster

When he blows the deal whats going to be his excuse ?

He will keep a straight face and cite the Saudis Human Rights abuses

Of course

you really think the guardian of all papers was going to overlook the Saudis humanitarian record? everyone else seems not to be making too much of it beyond mentioning it

Remember blowing my lid, missus was there and even she raised a sultry eyebrow......mind that may have been dust in her eye.....mind it may have been when KK blitzed the Champo......age is a killer 🥺

I remember TV only showing the top 3/4 at times when the King got us to fifth.  But nothing about cutting the top of the league off.

Are we at the stage yet, when nothing official is announced and the takeover rumours slowly disappear? Or will it go on for another few days?

I think we’re there now.  It will be a distant memory by the middle of February.

Are we at the stage yet, when nothing official is announced and the takeover rumours slowly disappear? Or will it go on for another few days?

I think we’re there now.  It will be a distant memory by the middle of February.

Sadly, I agree. This had all the hallmarks of a football fans wet dream but I really do think it’s time to accept that despite what he says, Ashley doesn’t want to relinquish control of his golden goose.

I don’t think he’d sell for 500m truth be told. The value of clubs is only going up, he’s got a global advertising vehicle for his tat that really is invaluable - looking at it objectively, he doesn’t really need to sell at all.