Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The line that came out earlier in the week was that they wound't sell and they didn't think they'd change their mind as the Glazers are raking it in.  I still think the leak could be the final roll of the dice for them to get Man Utd.  Especially since it came from the Saudi's autobiographer and "both sides are irritated with the leak".  Both sides could mean Staveley and Ashley.

He keeps asking the same question, not realising that the answer has always been because Man Utd are not for sale.

Staveley tried to buy Liverpool twice as well, the reason she never did, because it wasn’t for sale.

The quieter the better. The transfer deadline has nothing to do with the takeover. I suspect if he was thinking of selling it would have been in April or May (speculation). The leak coming out has put the spotlight on something that isn’t done yet.

The only news agency that’s written it said anything that can be trusted to this point is the WSJ. The guy who wrote the article said they wouldn’t have published it if it wasn’t very likely to happen.

Anyone mentioning timelines or anything else to do with it since is pure guess work/speculation.

Those claiming to have sources at the club didn’t know jack before the WSJ wrote their piece.

The fucking balls on you.  :lol:

Aye. Can he not be 'stored' alongside anything from the chronicle?

He keeps asking the same question, not realising that the answer has always been because Man Utd are not for sale.

Staveley tried to buy Liverpool twice as well, the reason she never did, because it wasn’t for sale.

Is NUFC for sale though?

Is NUFC for sale though?

Well we'll see. But the question was 'why doesn't he just buy Man Utd?' And I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Because Manchester United aren't for sale?

And you could buy us and invest 1 Billion in us and it would still all cost less than it would cost to acquire Man United

Are Man City considered as "big" a club as Man Utd/Liverpool now?  (Honest question).  If not the argument would be that they don't get the kudos in the medium term with Newcastle no matter what they do,

Because Manchester United aren't for sale?

And you could buy us and invest 1 Billion in us and it would still all cost less than it would cost to acquire Man United

Are Man City considered as "big" a club as Man Utd/Liverpool now?  (Honest question).  If not the argument would be that they don't get the kudos in the medium term with Newcastle no matter what they do,

Nope, not in my mind. I still think we're a bigger club than Man City though, so what do I know :-D

Additionally, if they are investing in the Newcastle area alongside the Reuben brothers, that’s also a reason why to invest in us as well. It’s well known that the Man City owners have done exactly that in Manchester. If they came to Newcastle then they would be able to buy land/property with virtually no competition. Doing the same in Manchester could easily just result in a dick waving challenge where the two groups would just be trying to outbid each other. Land and property would be much cheaper here than it would be in Manchester to begin with.

No one has told him it isn't happening, they're questioning why it would happen.

Secondly, it's not just about the acquisition of a football club, there is potentially a much bigger project on the cards involving regional development.  A successful football team would only be one piece of the jigsaw.

Slight deviation here but there is a company in Dubai looking at investing around £500m into Swansea (not involving the football club) so I could easily see Saudi Arabia looking to invest significant amounts of cash into a UK city that maybe isn't one of the glamour cities. To them £350m on NUFC as part of this would then make perfect sense rather than buying Man U and its actually a small piece of a bigger puzzle. They probably missed the boat on Liverpool mind with G&H were forced out

Additionally, if they are investing in the Newcastle area alongside the Reuben brothers, that’s also a reason why to invest in us as well. It’s well known that the Man City owners have done exactly that in Manchester. If they came to Newcastle then they would be able to buy land/property with virtually no competition. Doing the same in Manchester could easily just result in a dick waving challenge where the two groups would just be trying to outbid each other. Land and property would be much cheaper here than it would be in Manchester to begin with.

I was thinking that if this does happen they may be able to buy back the land that Ash sold so that we can immediately increase the size of SJP to something like a 100k seater stadium.

Slight deviation here but there is a company in Dubai looking at investing around £500m into Swansea (not involving the football club) so I could easily see Saudi Arabia looking to invest significant amounts of cash into a UK city that maybe isn't one of the glamour cities. To them £350m on NUFC as part of this would then make perfect sense rather than buying Man U and its actually a small piece of a bigger puzzle. They probably missed the boat on Liverpool mind with G&H were forced out

Oooh, imagine the amount of new student flats they could build  :frantic:

Another plane/copter tracker, but this one comes with an oddly convincing theory.

Still bollocks.

Doesn’t even say where it landed.

It landed at Newcastle Airport.

So a helicopter with no links to anyone involved has headed in the general direction of Newcastle but may be going elsewhere?

I'm in.

Exactly! God I love the flight trackers. Their straw clutching is always hilarious. Best part of a takeover saga.