Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

17 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Rooney would tear the remaining bum hair from his head.

I really don't want that baggie jeaned pound shop salesman to inflict his brand of utter misery on any other set of fans, though.

I remember when this first broke and their fans were buzzing for him. 

Am sure theyll love it at first.

But in a few years time, theyll realise that Charnley doesnt really know what hes doing, that the training ground and the stadium could do with a repaint, that the finances arnt adding up and theyll be wondering if some random (probably bishop) was part of the owners test...

They may have totally different expectations tbh, and might not realise anything in the short term.

Considering their recent plight I'm not massively surprised that they may be OK with a multi-millionaire stepping in to 'save' them.

We are coming from different positions so their mileage may vary, but we all know how it ends....

Being the richest in in the world, fuck yeah!:headbang:

35 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Wasn't this rumoured a few months ago? Sure a lot of Derby fans were open to the idea of him buying them.

There were some truly stunning posts on their forum about this a few months back. I understand their desperation, but it bordered on “NUFC supporters don’t know what they’re talking about” so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Surprised he would buy a football club again at least with us he was hated after a couple of seasons but with Derby he will be hated instantly because of us. Or maybe not cause of their struggles its security I suppose, for now not the worst thing for the club 

5 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

There were some truly stunning posts on their forum about this a few months back. I understand their desperation, but it bordered on “NUFC supporters don’t know what they’re talking about” so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You’ll love this one then, from today:

”Yeah, not sure listening to fans of a club who think for no apparent reason that they have a God given right to be a Champions league club is all too sensible given our current circumstances.”

There’s another post that says Ashley “backed his managers” at NUFC :lol: 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

”Yeah, not sure listening to fans of a club who think for no apparent reason that they have a God given right to be a Champions league club is all too sensible given our current circumstances.”

Let them burn 

I posted on their forum about why he was dreadful and they should steer clear when the story first broke a while back. A couple sided with me but one guy went along the lines of we have delusions of grandeur, those usual perpetuated myths, along with the idea that I was apparently taking the piss out of them by posting on why Ashley was shite when they're in the state they're in. Was proper weird. Ah well.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Really ? 

FFS ! 

I wouldn't wish ashley on any club, apart from maybe sunland.

Feel sorry for any fans that end up with him owning their club, including those who arrogantly think we don't know what we're talking about despite the 14 years experience of what he's like. I said when he left, I wouldn't wish him on any set of fans including the mackems. At the end of the day we all love football and for anyone who loves football and their club, he's the enemy. The only good situation is one where he's not involved in football whatsoever. 

Guest dazzanufc1892

Unpopular opinion here but in the short term 2 - 5 years he will be the perfect owner. He can come in and clear the debts, give them some upfront liquidity to get in some players to try and win enough games and stay up. Ashley knows how to get out of that league and has spent to get out of it before.

If in 5 years he saves them financially, secures the club, gets them up and does just enough so they stay up one season his tenure will have been a complete success and they will compete for 17th. It is the times after that which will be a disappointment and more akin to what we were stuck with.

As for the immediate future, it's a no brainer for fans and owner, he gets the advertising back and could have a vehicle in the premier league to sell for a big profit. The fans get their club saved and potential help to get to the premier league and a fight to remain in there.

1 minute ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Unpopular opinion here but in the short term 2 - 5 years he will be the perfect owner. He can come in and clear the debts, give them some upfront liquidity to get in some players to try and win enough games and stay up. Ashley knows how to get out of that league and has spent to get out of it before.

If in 5 years he saves them financially, secures the club, gets them up and does just enough so they stay up one season his tenure will have been a complete success and they will compete for 17th. It is the times after that which will be a disappointment and more akin to what we were stuck with.

As for the immediate future, it's a no brainer for fans and owner, he gets the advertising back and could have a vehicle in the premier league to sell for a big profit. The fans get their club saved and potential help to get to the premier league and a fight to remain in there.

:lol:

Argh. 

Guest dazzanufc1892
1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol:

Argh. 

haha by debts  I mean pay off the debtors, which will then be a loan to the club! But it gets them off their backs immediately

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I don't get the idea that Ashley knows how to get out of the Championship like, read it a few times on twitter too.

First time we got lucky with Hughton turning out to be a top manager at that level and the 2nd time we had Benitez.

We also had millions of pounds of players to sell on to enable us to have a transfer budget.

Their fans on Twitter seem happy because he’ll make the club financially stable and at the minute, they might go bust.

They’re not wrong, he may well do. What they’re either unaware of or are choosing to ignore is that he’ll then make Derby County a vehicle to primarily generate revenue for himself/SD/Frasers (whatever he’s calling it these days).

They’ve also obviously got no idea that the day-to-day running of everything will be left to those he already trusts and will support every decision he makes rather than people who strive for success.