Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

7 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

I know we have come good in the end but that Mansour takeover offer will always bother me. We could have Haaland playing for us right now and a boatload of recent trophies if Mike fucking Ashley didn't decide to get shit faced ffs [emoji38]

If it makes you feel better it’s all bollocks. They bought Man City before Keegan resigned and Ashley was trying to sell.

12 hours ago, christ said:

If it makes you feel better it’s all bollocks. They bought Man City before Keegan resigned and Ashley was trying to sell.

That's what's bollocks. Keegan's presence not lack of was the point of interest.

They brought Keegan in to raise the value of the sale "the Arabs wanted Kevin".

They messed them around and they bought Man City from a motivated seller that wasn't pissing them around.

Edited by Wolfcastle

12 hours ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Haha brilliant man, Bring him back 

Only good thing he ever did for me.  Always found it interesting that Kinnear was no more of a dinosaur than Bruce yet got treated very different from him by the press.

I’d bring him back for press conferences only. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Only good thing he ever did for me.  Always found it interesting that Kinnear was no more of a dinosaur than Bruce yet got treated very different from him by the press.

I’d bring him back for press conferences only. 

“Which one of you is Luke Edwards?”

You’re right though re Bruce. He was ridiculed whereas they make Bruce out to be some kind of modern day Mother Theresa. 

Edited by Danh1

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed to let Coventry play in his stadium for 5 years.

I mean what the fuck would he do with a stadium without a team to play there in anyway? Might as well have bought the Reynolds arena in Darlington.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I really hope he was watching.  Look at what you could have won, you fat kernt

4B87B064-9713-4208-90A4-EADC18209C83.thumb.jpeg.327442ec1ab545b23feccd96c2b6d96f.jpeg

(sorry to those thinking he’s carked it)

Honestly. He didn’t even need to our money in. Just run the club well.

How much do we think the club is now worth? 

He might be a good businessman when it came to Sports Direct. But he fucked up his diversification massively. Surely the club is on its way to becoming worth at least £1bn?

The problem with Ashley is that he only knows one way to make money. Cheap and (not-so) cheerful. And that's all he did. So he couldn't adapt or do things in a more high end market. And nothings more high end than the PL. 

Even a recent BBC article showed his inability to understand the luxury market. The article shows his son in law is now CEO and running the group, and doing quite well focusing on Flannels, the high end part of the group but MA thinks it's bonkers for people to spend that kind of money - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65613808

He was the wrong fit completely. Ironically if he bought someone less aspirational, his model may have been deemed decent for someone grateful to have been plucked from obscurity or survive financial meltdown to be competing at a decent level. His lack of due diligence into who NUFC were and what they represented versus his outlook and vision is the core of a lot of the hate and misalignment

If Coventry come up then he’ll probably do all he can to wrestle control of them. The new owners may welcome cashing in straight away.

Keys and Hoffman aside, I’d feel sorry for the poor bastards.

27 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

How much do we think the club is now worth? 

He might be a good businessman when it came to Sports Direct. But he fucked up his diversification massively. Surely the club is on its way to becoming worth at least £1bn?

Hard to tell, as a football club’s value bears little relation to its income.  Man Utd’s income was four times ours when we were bought - but if they’re sold they’ll go for around seventeen or eighteen times what we did.

I suspect the club is worth roughly double the £350m they paid already, though.