E3 2019

Mole_Toonfan

It's that time of year again somehow :lol:

EA have their own thing going on which starts at Saturday 9:30 PT / 12:30 ET / 17:30 BST but seems to go on for like 3 hours so :yao:

Microsoft: Sunday 13:00 PT / 16:00 ET / 21:00 BST 

Bethesda: Sunday 17:30 PT / 20:30 ET / 01:30 BST (Monday)

Devolver Digital Sunday: 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET / 03:00 BST (Monday)

PC Gamer Show: Monday 10:00 PT / 13:00 ET / 18:00 BST

Ubisoft: Monday 13:00 PT / 16:00 ET / 21:00 BST 

Square Enix: Monday 18:00 PT / 21:00 ET / 02:00 BST (Tuesday) 

Nintendo: Tuesday 09:00 PT / 12:00 ET / 17:00 BST

Sony are not there this year, i assume because all they have is Death Stranding, TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima and that isn't really worth doing a press conference for.

Just make it Friday to Sunday you ffs :lol:

Eh? It starts on Sunday :lol: Saturday if you happen to hate yourself and like EA.

As in it starts Friday and ends Sunday, instead of starting Sunday and ending Tuesday :lol:

Oh my bad, thought you were asking me to edit the title to put Friday to Sunday :lol:

Well, if you want I can tell you to go fuck yourself as well? :lol:

Overall seems promising, but I was still a little bored at times watching that demo.

Exciting demos are hard to pull off sadly, i was mainly looking at whether i'd enjoy the levels and combat and based on that video i think i will.

When the saber is sheathed, Respawn’s vision for the adventure has classic gaming roots and is inspired heavily by the Metroid series, pushing players to freely explore worlds, and come back to them later with new powers that can be used to reach different areas. Never once do players see a waypoint on the screen telling them where their next objective is. Respawn doesn’t want to hold your hand, and instead hopes you plot your own path through dangerous worlds that are teeming with just as much hostile wildlife as heavily armed Imperial Forces.

With a lead in hand, Cal has BD-1 bring up the map of the region, which is displayed as a 3D hologram projected from one of the droid’s eyes. The game doesn’t pause at this point, so the player needs to be careful when using the map. A clear holographic display of the environment appears, complete with geographic and industrial elevations. The map colors in areas the player has been to, and also highlights points of interest in gold. The map is a critical component that helps players explore. Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the few games out there that doesn’t use a waypoint system.

Greez willfully transports this small group of characters to any planet at any time – both to progress the story and for freeform backtracking. We don’t know how many worlds there are yet, but the concept art and clips from the trailer hint at a good number of them. Asmussen says the ratio of established Star Wars planets and new planets original to Jedi: Fallen Order is about half and half. Each world houses a hub where the ship lands. Here, the player can return to rest up, save, apply skill points, and spark conversations with characters to learn more about them, the worlds, and overall story. The ship also offers other activities Respawn doesn’t want to reveal just yet.

When players choose a new destination, the flight is handled in real-time, meaning there won’t be any load screens, giving the player time to engage with the different activities on the ship. Along with Bracca, the quest to restore the Jedi Order takes Cal to Kashyyyk, the wookiee homeworld.

At this point in the game, the player has complete freedom to chart their own course through the wilderness. Some areas feature multiple paths that can freely be explored, while other areas may have paths that are blocked or inaccessible, perhaps requiring an unlearned Force power or gadget to open them up.

“We looked at the structure of Metroid Prime closely,” Asmussen says. “It’s not exactly like Metroidvania. We also looked at games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls that have the same types of methodology. We studied those games and they inspired us to find an experience that works well for our game.”

Any time someone mentions Metroid Prime for any reason i get excited. :megusta:

When the saber is sheathed, Respawn’s vision for the adventure has classic gaming roots and is inspired heavily by the Metroid series, pushing players to freely explore worlds, and come back to them later with new powers that can be used to reach different areas. Never once do players see a waypoint on the screen telling them where their next objective is. Respawn doesn’t want to hold your hand, and instead hopes you plot your own path through dangerous worlds that are teeming with just as much hostile wildlife as heavily armed Imperial Forces.

With a lead in hand, Cal has BD-1 bring up the map of the region, which is displayed as a 3D hologram projected from one of the droid’s eyes. The game doesn’t pause at this point, so the player needs to be careful when using the map. A clear holographic display of the environment appears, complete with geographic and industrial elevations. The map colors in areas the player has been to, and also highlights points of interest in gold. The map is a critical component that helps players explore. Jedi: Fallen Order is one of the few games out there that doesn’t use a waypoint system.

Greez willfully transports this small group of characters to any planet at any time – both to progress the story and for freeform backtracking. We don’t know how many worlds there are yet, but the concept art and clips from the trailer hint at a good number of them. Asmussen says the ratio of established Star Wars planets and new planets original to Jedi: Fallen Order is about half and half. Each world houses a hub where the ship lands. Here, the player can return to rest up, save, apply skill points, and spark conversations with characters to learn more about them, the worlds, and overall story. The ship also offers other activities Respawn doesn’t want to reveal just yet.

When players choose a new destination, the flight is handled in real-time, meaning there won’t be any load screens, giving the player time to engage with the different activities on the ship. Along with Bracca, the quest to restore the Jedi Order takes Cal to Kashyyyk, the wookiee homeworld.

At this point in the game, the player has complete freedom to chart their own course through the wilderness. Some areas feature multiple paths that can freely be explored, while other areas may have paths that are blocked or inaccessible, perhaps requiring an unlearned Force power or gadget to open them up.

“We looked at the structure of Metroid Prime closely,” Asmussen says. “It’s not exactly like Metroidvania. We also looked at games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls that have the same types of methodology. We studied those games and they inspired us to find an experience that works well for our game.”

Any time someone mentions Metroid Prime for any reason i get excited. :megusta:

The details about the game sound interesting enough and add a bit hope that there is plenty to it. Watching the game in action it didn't look much different to what has been seen before in the Jedi Knight series and The Force Unleashed games. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but I'm hopeful there is more thought involved than just slicing through everything with a lightsaber and a variety of force powers. Solid looking start.

To me that looks dull as hell tbh. Feels like Force Unleashed all over again.

It's like a less spectacular Force Unleashed, aye. If you're gonna go down that route at least make the main character massively OP, I'm sure people can't wait to level up that 'Force Vine Pull' skill tree :lol: Usually agree with Jim Sterling on most things, but he was pretty spot on in what he said about the demo, IMO.