Women's Football

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Are we going to get a professional women’s team with our new owners now in place?

It was mentioned in the new owners list of priorities. I searched for a thread for the team as I am sure there was one but ended up setting up a thread of its own. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest HTT II

Daft comments to make to be fair, football is an emotional sport anyway for both men and women, men lose their heads way more. He shouldn’t get the sack though for such comments. 

Just now, HTT II said:

Daft comments to make to be fair, football is an emotional sport anyway for both men and women, men lose their heads way more. He shouldn’t get the sack though for such comments. 

He's been involved with the women's game for years now and has worked wonders for Northern Irelands women's team, its an observation he's made from his experience in the game and he backed it up with stats etc. The players have came out in support of him straight away and seem to love him. He's done nothing wrong.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

He's been involved with the women's game for years now and has worked wonders for Northern Irelands women's team, its an observation he's made from his experience in the game and he backed it up with stats etc. The players have came out in support of him straight away and seem to love him. He's done nothing wrong.

Again, male footballers lose their heads far more and I don’t personally think women being so-called more emotional than men equals they concede more in quick succession. England women didn’t concede…

But those comments, as daft as they sound, are nothing controversial or shouldn’t be used in that context, the likes of Klopp come out with much more crap when they lose/concede/the game doesn’t go according the plan etc.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Again, male footballers lose their heads far more and I don’t personally think women being so-called more emotional than men equals they concede more in quick succession. England women didn’t concede…

But those comments, as daft as they sound, are nothing controversial or shouldn’t be used in that context, the likes of Klopp come out with much more crap when they lose/concede/the game doesn’t go according the plan etc.

I think intent always needs to be taking into account with any comment really, he clearly isn't a sexist and last thing he'd want to do is upset his players or have a negative impact on the women's game. I think women probably are more emotional in general in all walks of life but dont see anything wrong with that. Possibly down to biology or hormones or even learned behaviour I don't know. But don't really see it as a hateful comment or belief to hold. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

(Probably a better thread  this)

Wasn’t sure which thread to post the question so went for this one.

Whats everyone’s thoughts on FA not charging Emma Haynes for her conduct at the weekend?

I wondered if this would come up. I don't know enough about the FAs view on this sort of thing - was Wenger charged when he did the same to Mourinho that time?

There won't be a charge as she had already said that he was aggressive to one of her players and the fa will open a massive can of worms if she is summoned. Saying that, I would rather face an irate Sean Dyche than an angry Emma Hayes!!!

I don't think that's much of a defence for her and that can of worms is going to be opened at some point, I guess. It's hard to have conversations about equality if it looks like poor behaviour is being overlooked in favour of one party.

Is there any footage of the Arsenal guy squaring up to the Chelsea player? I couldn't find any when I looked at the weekend.

Edited by OpenC

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Is there any footage of the Arsenal guy squaring up to the Chelsea player? I couldn't find any when I looked at the weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68727018

In the clip on there, the Arsenal manager is quite clearly not the aggressor, both in the altercation with that knob Hayes, and earlier with the Chelsea player. :lol:

I don’t know much about it to be honest, but isn’t she taking the USA job in the summer? Easy out for the FA.

At the end of the day, Pardew not getting a ban for life for head butting a player has ultimately set the bar high for managers to be held accountable.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I don’t know much about it to be honest, but isn’t she taking the USA job in the summer? Easy out for the FA.

At the end of the day, Pardew not getting a ban for life for head butting a player has ultimately set the bar high for managers to be held accountable.

Also Arteta not getting fitted with one of those dog collars that gives you an electric shock if you stray too far.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

In the clip on there, the Arsenal manager is quite clearly not the aggressor, both in the altercation with that knob Hayes, and earlier with the Chelsea player. :lol:

The issue was , apparently Chelsea didnt want to play a multi ball game, so it was agreed only the match ball would be in use.

Once arsenal scored, Chelsea needed to speed the game up so when Erin Cuthbert wanted to take a quick throw in with a new ball, the arsenal manager rightly booted off!

Chelsea very very rarely lose in any competition, and they don't lose well at all!!!

I personally think she should have been charged, it was an act of aggression, and there is no way she could have contested it!

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

This clip shoes the incident…

https://x.com/jamiebuckland/status/1774577388782809139?s=61

And the explanation…

https://x.com/middlstump/status/1775081978943164491?s=61

I don't see a lot of aggression there like, dude is literally just pointing at the ball Chelsea said they wanted to play with. If managers are charged for that sort of behaviour in general she should have been charged I would say, but no idea if they are or not