Women's Football

I am still irrationally angry about this, given it is a sport I don't follow at all. :lol: The keeper was not even substantially off her line and there were three or four French players encroaching in the box by the same amount. A complete robbery and there is a good chance that it has knocked our girls out of this World Cup. FIFA is seriously testing my patience with the way officiating and VAR have headed just in the past couple of years.

it may be a bit tin-foil hat thinking but it strikes me as FIFA doing everything in their power to ensure the hosts win

They have had dodgy decisions in their favour the last two matches when Nigeria and Norway have pushed them a bit. I cannot even blame FIFA if it is the case, tbh. From what I've seen the matches are more than fifty percent empty when France or the US are not playing. They need to maintain interest.

it may be a bit tin-foil hat thinking but it strikes me as FIFA doing everything in their power to ensure the hosts win

they did exactly the same in the u20 WC the other week, fucking VAR to give a penalty which was saved, then VAR'd the bastard penalty cause the keeper was an inch or two off his line...retake and goal

it's nonsense

As a pro VAR person, these developments are, unfortunately, proving the one argument I sort of agree with the anti-VAR crew to be true: that instead of correcting refereeing incompetence, the tool will instead be used to express their incompetence in brand new creative and outlandish ways.

If refs are going to be consistent with this it’ll be great. Pet hate is keepers off their line for a pen.

football isn't american soccer, we shouldn't be using VAR to analyse whether a keepers high heel us 1 inch off the line or not

tidied

If refs are going to be consistent with this it’ll be great. Pet hate is keepers off their line for a pen.

football isn't american soccer, we shouldn't be using VAR to analyse whether a keepers heel us 1 inch off the line or not

Keepers should have no advantage in penalties at all. It’s supposed to penalise the defending team.

If the keeper wants to take a step forward to dive further, start a couple of feet behind the line so that step into the line when they dive.

football isn't american soccer, we shouldn't be using VAR to analyse whether a keepers heel us 1 inch off the line or not

Keepers should have no advantage in penalties at all. It’s supposed to penalise the defending team.

If the keeper wants to take a step forward to dive further, start a couple of feet behind the line so that step into the line when they dive.

pft, what i'm saying is we shouldn't be looking at encroachment down to the inch...and if we are then the exact same should apply to attacker encroaching into the box as yesterday there were 2-3 players in the box when the ball was kicked

if the intent of VAR is the drill the game down to the nth degree it is fucked, it is not american football

Guest The Little Waster

Damn , Giacintis gone off that only leaves the Italian goalie as totp ( totty on the pitch )

pft, what i'm saying is we shouldn't be looking at encroachment down to the inch...and if we are then the exact same should apply to attacker encroaching into the box as yesterday there were 2-3 players in the box when the ball was kicked

if the intent of VAR is the drill the game down to the nth degree it is fucked, it is not american football

:thup: this was my issue with VAR. If they could jeep it as minimal as possible it would be fine.

The game is made any better to watch by micromanaging every little thing.

How good is Sam Kerr? :smitten:

First player (man or woman) to score a World Cup hattrick for Australia. Highest scorer (with five so far) of any Australian player in any World Cup ever.

We suck. You don't care. Still, it makes watching the highlights less arduous

:thup: this was my issue with VAR. If they could jeep it as minimal as possible it would be fine.

The game is made any better to watch by micromanaging every little thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jun/18/david-squires-on-the-womens-world-cup-goals-and-good-old-var

last two frames

Wtf is that. How can she possibly call full time there? That should have been going another 5-10 mins.

VAR is awful. Goalkeepers are going to be afraid to move now.