Will they stay or will they go?

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've voted for the status quo, as I think Ashley still has ground to give in terms of backing/control and I'm just not convinced either of the mooted takeovers are going to come to pass. It won't take too much to keep Benitez on and the club will be better off in the long-term because of it.

I was torn between voting the 1st or 4th option, but went with the first option because its hard not to shake the feeling Ashley will fuck up the takeover. That said I'm still more optimistic of a takeover happening than Benitez signing a new contract.

I just feel Rafa will stay. I would assume if he had already decided he was going to go, he would have announced it and say he won't renew his contract. There must be a reason for him staying quiet less than 2 weeks away from when his contract is up. Think he cares and is professional enough for the fans and their feelings that he would have said goodbye if he knew he was going.

I genuinely can't envisage a world where Ashley and Rafa are still here. Way more likely that neither of them will be for me, but I reckon if the takeover completes the new owners won't want to rock the boat too much too soon and we won't see the Mourinho or whoever else they think they can get until at least 2020.

Obviously this place went for the most negative scenario :lol:

Well, Rich asked what we think will happen, not what we hope. On past performance chances are Ashley will just piss off another buyer or randomly pull the plug as he has done so many times before. Regarding Rafa, I think he’s had enough of Ashley, so if the takeover doesn’t take place he does a runner.

Option 1 for me, as much as I believe the interest in the club is real I also know how Ashley likes to think he's "won" a deal and will keep moving the goalposts. Gut feeling is that the takeover will collapse because of time wasters (Ashley being impossible yo work with) and that'll be the final straw for Rafa. I pray I'm wrong but 12 years of disappointment makes you a little negative for some reason.

On a positive note, pretty much all the uk footballing world is on holiday at the moment so it may not be that much of a surprise for the lack of info coming from anywhere just now.