If Rafa goes we go!

Ankles Bennett

Really think it will be under 40000 if Rafa goes and Ashley stays.

Will be 50k first day of the season even if Mark Hughes is manager, Dennis Wise DOF and Joselu is starting as a lone striker.

There’s the whole ‘support the team, not the regime’ argument but when does the point come when loyalty is something someone uses as a weapon against you? 

I’ve not spent a penny on the club in the last few years and have no plans to until Ashley is gone - unless there’s a complete change in support for Rafa.

At what stage does the club become something our fans simply no longer want to be associated with? What would it take? There’s plenty of local clubs crying out for support in non-league and there you could at least be part of something. The fact it’s a consideration for many just sums up where we are.

I’ll be an ex-fan if Rafa leaves and Ashley stays.

At this point it won’t even be difficult TBH. In fact it would be a relief, final proof that we’re wasting our time and it’s OK to move onto something else.

This, until Ashley leaves.

I’ll be an ex-fan if Rafa leaves and Ashley stays.

At this point it won’t even be difficult TBH. In fact it would be a relief, final proof that we’re wasting our time and it’s OK to move onto something else.

I just don't have the energy for another cycle of this. It'd kind of be a relief to give it up.

What they said.

Other than a catch up with mates and a pie and a pint what would be the point? Ashley will have confirmed he'll never change even, the club is essentially Sports Direct United with no aim of achieving anything. I honesty can't understand why after the litany of previous ridiculous decisions Ashley has made that this wouldn't be the last straw.

Sadly, even when he goes you will still get 52k + supporting the Ashley money making machine. I am 75 now and have supported my team since I was a bairn.  When Rafa departs so will I and will never watch my team again. A team which has always been a part of my life. My actions won't hurt Ashley or the finances of the club it will only hurt me but hopefully my stress levels will fall

After supporting them all my life and nigh on 40 years a ST holder I along with my wife and two sons cancelled the DD's in January. My sister and brother in law are not renewing. My next door neighbour, a platinum club member from day one isn't and i know of at least 8 more who have catagorically told me if that if Rafa leaves they will also not be renewing. This is my small circle of friends, I believe the folk saying there'll be 50,000 present against Arsenal are in for a shock.

Sadly, even when he goes you will still get 52k + supporting the Ashley money making machine. I am 75 now and have supported my team since I was a bairn.  When Rafa departs so will I and will never watch my team again. A team which has always been a part of my life. My actions won't hurt Ashley or the finances of the club it will only hurt me but hopefully my stress levels will fall

I guess Ashley is banking on the moderates and the day trippers going. Financially a drop in numbers wouldn't hurt the club given what the tv money brings in but swathes of empty seats never look good. The club shat it when people walked out against Spurs? Sadly we've never got to see if sustained efforts would've impacted Ashley and now Rafa.

After supporting them all my life and nigh on 40 years a ST holder I along with my wife and two sons cancelled the DD's in January. My sister and brother in law are not renewing. My next door neighbour, a platinum club member from day one isn't and i know of at least 8 more who have catagorically told me if that if Rafa leaves they will also not be renewing. This is my small circle of friends, I believe the folk saying there'll be 50,000 present against Arsenal are in for a shock.

I hope to God you're right. Would feel orgasmic if the stands were half empty or similar.

Guest covmag

I hope to God you're right. Would feel orgasmic if the stands were half empty or similar.

He 100% would not give a flying fuck  :huff:

You're right. From the 30 or so ST holders I know personally, 4 have renewed thus far, approximately 8 have said they're waiting to see what Benitez does, and the rest have said they won't go back until Ashley leaves.

Also, a load of my other mates and lads I play football with, walked away from the club years ago because of Ashley. One lad I know, hasn't set foot in the place since Keegan left.

I think talk of full houses next season are wide of the mark, as our old mate Alan used to say.

I'm done with football when Rafa leaves. It's been a slow painful demise, but part of me is glad that it's ending finally.

If there's no takeover and Rafa goes, I'm in this boat I think.

Me too will only follow my NFL and NHL teams

I'm done with football when Rafa leaves. It's been a slow painful demise, but part of me is glad that it's ending finally.

If there's no takeover and Rafa goes, I'm in this boat I think.

Me too will only follow my NFL and NHL teams

Thankfully I follow other sports such as cycling, NBA, NFL and a bit of rugby so there’ll be plenty other stuff to keep entertained.

I had to turn off after about a minute when he called Keegan “Sir Kevin”.  What a boring wanker!  And if he’s not just a WUM or a mackem, why does he feel the need to hide his identity?  Hope he doesn’t get the attention he’s obviously craving.