Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Certainly worth going in the end anyway. Weird that I read of thousands who were going to support the team but I heard fuck all. They were as insipid as Bruce's Geordie warriors.

Seems the only support they offer is financial. Lovely jubbly for Mike, that's the best type of support.

Yeah, hope they enjoyed that, good stuff. Big help to everyone.

Atmosphere was a disgrace today for the first game of the season. Where was this ‘magical support’ that these supafans go on about?

Shearer wasn’t wrong week he said that Ashley has sucked the life and hope out of the club.

For what it’s worth - I believe it’s time that TMG and AO became more militant - targeting the Chronicle and also match goers. Fuck them.

47k or 42k, it was a success overall.

Getting 5k-10k supporters to not go to the first game of the season, and against Arsenal is a decent amount. Wait until later in the season when we play the ‘smaller’ teams and Bruce has been sussed as being out of his depth and the football shit.

You’ll find that over time more people will just automatically boycott.

Atmosphere was a disgrace today for the first game of the season. Where was this ‘magical support’ that these supafans go on about?

Shearer wasn’t wrong week he said that Ashley has sucked the life and hope out of the club.

For what it’s worth - I believe it’s time that TMG and AO became more militant - targeting the Chronicle and also match goers. Fuck them.

To what end though? Won’t get you a boycott.

47k or 42k, it was a success overall.

Getting 5k-10k supporters to not go to the first game of the season, and against Arsenal is a decent amount. Wait until later in the season when we play the ‘smaller’ teams and Bruce has been sussed as being out of his depth and the football shit.

You’ll find that over time more people will just automatically boycott.

Not sure really. Seems to me like it was 5k missing pro-Benitez fans rather than 5k anti-Ashley. We’ve started at the mid-40k mark before.

All the old school saw through Ashley and stopped going.  Those were the lads and lasses who would shout, scream, sing and just generally go barmy getting the atmosphere going.  The people who cared the most, who really supported the club fucked off and we're left with the 'day out away from the missus' crowd.

Certainly worth going in the end anyway. Weird that I read of thousands who were going to support the team but I heard fuck all. They were as insipid as Bruce's Geordie warriors.

Seems the only support they offer is financial. Lovely jubbly for Mike, that's the best type of support.

No noise all game, boo'd the team off at the end. Supporting the team, not the regime as they're the "true fans" though. :lol:

For what it’s worth - I believe it’s time that TMG and AO became more militant - targeting the Chronicle and also match goers. f*** them.

All the old school saw through Ashley and stopped going.  Those were the lads and lasses who would shout, scream, sing and just generally go barmy getting the atmosphere going.  The people who cared the most, who really supported the club f***ed off and we're left with the 'day out away from the missus' crowd.

Well said , i think many people dont realise there is probably 30k boycotting already.

Guest chopey

100% happy with my decision not to renew, I can see 20k in February when they are rooted to the foot of the table and relegation is confirmed 

100% happy with my decision not to renew, I can see 20k in February when they are rooted to the foot of the table and relegation is confirmed 

Are 20k season ticket holders just going to stop going after having paid for their seats?

All the old school saw through Ashley and stopped going.  Those were the lads and lasses who would shout, scream, sing and just generally go barmy getting the atmosphere going.  The people who cared the most, who really supported the club fucked off and we're left with the 'day out away from the missus' crowd.

Spot on, every word of that is true.

I went along to support the small group outside the ground today and it was humiliating by the end of it to be honest- depressing, in fact. We got more applause and kudos from the Arsenal fans than our own; that just says it all. Had fans giving the 'wanker' sign, calling people 'cunts' (from fully grown men wearing the new away shirt- staggering). I simply couldn't believe how many people were going into SJP, it's incredible how easy it is for them.

But sadly today was merely a reflection of modern society. Most people walked past not caring, many others stood there and filmed on their phones. Then you have a stadium sat in silence for 90 minutes. People just want an easy life these days. Any feeling of guardianship or protection over NUFC from the fans is dead. People want to be able to have a pint, go to the match, leave early and get home before it's a late one.

It feels like the Newcastle United I grew up loving, and the support I grew up so proud of, is now completely unrecognisable. I will be sick if we are not relegated- that will be justice for all still involved. 

From Chris Holt.

Rafa Benitez sold fewer tickets for his 3rd game in charge against Man City (46,424) than Steve Bruce sold for his first against Arsenal (47,635).

Defeats are the only thing that stop people going.

Football supporters were changing before Ashley as well, SJP had been pretty quiet for a while. Outside of the few people who group together in the singing sections.

Usually you don’t notice too much, but when we’re asked to make a stand the idea doesn’t make sense to people who feel their role is just to ‘support’ whoever is on the pitch and have a nice day out.

For what it’s worth - I believe it’s time that TMG and AO became more militant - targeting the Chronicle and also match goers. f*** them.

All the old school saw through Ashley and stopped going.  Those were the lads and lasses who would shout, scream, sing and just generally go barmy getting the atmosphere going.  The people who cared the most, who really supported the club f***ed off and we're left with the 'day out away from the missus' crowd.

I went along to support the small group outside the ground today and it was humiliating by the end of it to be honest- depressing, in fact. We got more applause and kudos from the Arsenal fans than our own; that just says it all. Had fans giving the 'w*****' sign, calling people 'c***s' (from fully grown men wearing the new away shirt- staggering). I simply couldn't believe how many people were going into SJP, it's incredible how easy it is for them.

But sadly today was merely a reflection of modern society. Most people walked past not caring, many others stood there and filmed on their phones. Then you have a stadium sat in silence for 90 minutes. People just want an easy life these days. Any feeling of guardianship or protection over NUFC from the fans is dead. People want to be able to have a pint, go to the match, leave early and get home before it's a late one.

It feels like the Newcastle United I grew up loving, and the support I grew up so proud of, is now completely unrecognisable. I will be sick if we are not relegated- that will be justice for all still involved.

That's painful to hear. Match-goers are as a thick as a castle wall.

I went along to support the small group outside the ground today and it was humiliating by the end of it to be honest- depressing, in fact. We got more applause and kudos from the Arsenal fans than our own; that just says it all. Had fans giving the 'wanker' sign, calling people 'cunts' (from fully grown men wearing the new away shirt- staggering). I simply couldn't believe how many people were going into SJP, it's incredible how easy it is for them.

So grim, man. The irony is the aggression always seems to come from those who "won't be told what to do" by the protesters. It was the same during the 'show Ashley the red card' protest a few years ago. People getting genuinely angry and actually defending the fucker. It's so, so disheartening. Unfortunately, like others have said, I think those who have already boycotted are probably as good as it gets protest-wise, at least until results completely bottom out.

From Chris Holt.

Rafa Benitez sold fewer tickets for his 3rd game in charge against Man City (46,424) than Steve Bruce sold for his first against Arsenal (47,635).

Compare Arsenal's support today to Manchester City's then. Tells a different story. Man City only brought about 1k.

Guest neesy111

From Chris Holt.

Compare Arsenal's support today to Manchester City's then. Tells a different story. Man City only brought about 1k.

That was a midweek game as well.