Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

And he's signed El-Mohammady seven times.

Ffs guys I wasn't suggesting he was racist or anything like that, I was having a dig at his dinosaur "tactics" and inability to deal with flair much like most other PFMs who prefer good old blood and thunder, sliding tackles and big lumping strikers to punt it to, give me some credit.

Hell no boy, this is the internet  :lol:

2ieha8tdv5jy.gif

:lol:

Does Steve Bruce actually play the blood, thunder and Stoke way? I'd always assumed he was one of them Pardew, McClaren types where it's impossible to decipher what happens Monday to Friday.

Of course not, for all the deserved shit aimed at Pulis and his gang of street fighters, you have to give credit that the teams were sticking to a well drilled plan that was executed as designed.

Bruce doesn't even do that, just tosses a ball onto the paddock and tells them to have at it.  Wouldn't surprise me if he sticks mostly to his office like Kinnear apparently did during his post Keegan stint.

• 3 weeks later...

It still needs to drop but I don't think it will (significantly) until after Christmas. The January transfer window and scratting around for players to keep us in the division should suffice tough - that being said, the removal of Keegan, Shearer or Rafa didn't...

I'd love to get inside the mind of anyone who attended Arsenal but didn't attend Watford.

Mate of mine isn't a ST holder but bought a ticket for yesterday. Obviously thousands more will have gone on general sale.

Just keeps going back to that thing you've talked about plenty times. It's just far too easily accessible to prevent those who maybe just 'fancy it' from going. I've been there myself, though in different circumstances; in my first year of uni I must have gone to about half a dozen games that I had no intention of going to when I woke up that morning.

A 20% drop off like yesterday is very significant.

I suppose when you put it like that, it is.

I think for it to be deemed a total success though, it would probably have to be down to 26k eventually / half full - even if it's for one game.

Televised games should be realistic ones, especially against shite opposition.

Guest neesy111

I think for it to be deemed a total success though, it would probably have to be down to 26k eventually / half full - even if it's for one game.

:thup:

This is a good start though.  I would have expected more after the spurs win.

I think the serious concern for the long term future of the club is people like me who have packed in and may never return, Newcastle is such a zombie club that I'm actually bored with it and I can definitely see a half full stadium next season watching a mid table championship side.

I think once these “I’m on a 10 year deal” types have to pay up properly again attendances will drop significantly, not just 8-10k we see currently. 

Then we need to get rid of the "I'm not letting him stop me from going to the pub with the lads" types. How the hell do we do that though? These people are soulless wankers who just want to guzzle Fosters before and after some shouting and booing. Weirdos.

:thup:

This is a good start though.  I would have expected more after the spurs win.

Definitely mate - I think it's deciphering which fans are your regulars and which have hopped along for some light entertainment now like...

I think once these “I’m on a 10 year deal” types have to pay up properly again attendances will drop significantly, not just 8-10k we see currently.

Hopefully, I took the plunge despite spending £200 (approximately) on sweet fuck all. Just decided enough was enough. He's not an idiot like - he's a cunt, but not an idiot.