Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Guest neesy111

A 20% drop off like yesterday is very significant.

I suppose when you put it like that, it is.

I think for it to be deemed a total success though, it would probably have to be down to 26k eventually / half full - even if it's for one game.

Televised games should be realistic ones, especially against shite opposition.

:thup:

This is a good start though.  I would have expected more after the spurs win.

Definitely mate - I think it's deciphering which fans are your regulars and which have hopped along for some light entertainment now like...

Yeah especially as the atmosphere seems absolutely dead now.

Got a lower attendance because people couldn't be arsed due to it being Watford than we did during an organised boycott against Arsenal ffs.

I said this at the start. Arsenal was always going to attract more people because they are a top 6 club, and it was the first game of the season. Against everyone else I think you’ll see the 44k attendance to be fairly normal. Unless we suddenly pushed for Europe (not going to happen) then I think the attendance will stay around 44k, maybe a slight increase for if we go through good spells, and a decrease for when we go through bad times.

I'm pleased but will he care, i mean how much is this going to hurt MA in the pocket?

Long term, it will and it damages the image and reputation of the club and the Premier League.

For a few games, little impact, has to be sustained over a period of time, going down and down.

It will be very interesting when the long term deals end.

Guest neesy111

I'm pleased but will he care, i mean how much is this going to hurt MA in the pocket?

Long term, it will and it damages the image and reputation of the club and the Premier League.

For a few games, little impact, has to be sustained over a period of time, going down and down.

It will be very interesting when the long term deals end.

Think majority will still pay up the massive increase they'll get or they'll be sweet talked into another 10 year deal.

Guest neesy111

Replied. :thup:

I'm not one for calling people scabs and all that shite like. It's not necessary. Just think this trail of thought (the fans prevented the team from winning) is somewhat ridiculous though.

Yeap, that one about having more fans in = us winning is ridiculous.  Bournemouth somehow win games despite only having 15k stadium.

I think once these “I’m on a 10 year deal” types have to pay up properly again attendances will drop significantly, not just 8-10k we see currently.

Hopefully, I took the plunge despite spending £200 (approximately) on sweet fuck all. Just decided enough was enough. He's not an idiot like - he's a cunt, but not an idiot.

Not possible to reclaim that considering you cancelled before start of the season?

The boycott of merchandise is working though. I was in toon yesterday but not at the match as I won't attend till he's gone. There were a mere handful of people wearing the new tops compared to once upon a time when everyone seemed to buy home and away kits every season. In fact I saw about 10 or so all day and we were out all over the Gate and Bigg Market till nearly 10 last night.

The passion has gone from the ground as Mr Donnelly points out on twitter because the passion is actually us the ones who care enough to be doing something about it.

No flags no wall of noise - because the 10000 or so passionate fans choose not to go until this is resolved - and yes I was a season ticket holder until relatively lately. I will not shop in SD stores etc. just so my integrity is intact.

So yes the boycott is beginning to bite in more ways than bums on seats - we've taken our passion away until the day.

Guest Howaythetoon

I could be wrong, but whatever percentage of proper fans who have jacked it over the years and now stand as a total, that percentage of replacements who have made up the numbers in their absence was always likely to fluctuate up and down based more on results, performances and the attraction of the manager, fixture and division.

What we are seeing now is not some by product from a successful boycott or protest campaign, but an inevitable drop off in attendees from the casual/pick and choose fan base which for the club once the die hard/hardcore supporters left and have all gone for good, they could draw on to replace. Once the die hard/hardcore replacement fan base leave, however, the well is dry and because so much of the match day attending public have been pooled from this reserve like fan base and become first teamers, every time one of these people do not attend, be it one game or several or all games, the club will struggle to get anyone to replace them or to get them coming back for every game.

Especially if they appoint Bruce as manager and the longer the club continues with a Bruce, others outspend the club, players are sold and not replaced and fighting relegation or going up and down is the norm, the longer fans will pick and choose to attend or not at all.

This is a good sign, because it’s an organic manifestation and if the club was to go down, I could see the club having to draw from a fan base that it currently relies on to be in the mood to come to a friendly or a Cup game and we will see the kind of figures in attendance against Watford a regular figure for a lot of home games not even big fixtures against the big clubs will guarantee a full house.

This is what happens when a big percentage of die hard/hard core fans eventually total big numbers the casual if the mood fancies type fans replacing them cannot and will not just turn up in their place to make up for.

For Ashley, there won’t be angry fans kicking off and screaming abuse inside the stadium week in week out, just a silent, apathetic number of people walking out, saying nowt, and staying out.

That alone may speak louder in his ears than any protesting mob and may just be the ringing of the bell to tell him, times up.

Or not...

It’s all good either way :lol:

protest groups calling for boycott of Brighton game

Need to call for a boycott of the club as a whole. Even if only a small amount turn their backs, it's on top of a sizeable number who already have, and more will join once the ripple effect spreads. Easy for me to say as at the minute I'm completely out, but some self respect and backbone has to be shown after so many years of meekness I feel.

Also, who the fuck are Toon for Change? There are so many different groups it's a complete joke.