Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I have no idea why I’m asking this But whatever.

What system does he play?

No one really knows IMO, his reputation has mostly been built on being British and a former Man U player. Obviously his main credentials for being suitable for the Newcastle job is that he is a Geordie.

But his ‘record speaks for itself’ though doesn’t it? That’s what the media keep telling us and all these lads coming out the woodwork like Liam Ridgewell and Robertson from Liverpool. It’s almost like we’re being attempted to be convinced.

From that Richard Keys page

My goodness. There are some angry people in the world. Not just angry - plain rude as well. Experts in everything  who actually know nothing about the subject they’re mouthing off about

I'm Ewok Paws' lack of self-awareness

No one really knows IMO, his reputation has mostly been built on being British and a former Man U player. Obviously his main credentials for being suitable for the Newcastle job is that he is a Geordie.

But his ‘record speaks for itself’ though doesn’t it? That’s what the media keep telling us and all these lads coming out the woodwork like Liam Ridgewell and Robertson from Liverpool. It’s almost like we’re being attempted to be convinced.

I read the Robertson quotes about Bruce and they were just more generic platitudes about what a good bloke he was. I've yet to see any specifics about his football knowledge - but then he's been a manager for about 15 years now hasn't he? If no one really knows by now then maybe his main asset is that he's just a good bloke. A good British bloke. A Geordie.

Does a manger have to play a set system. Could they not change systems to suit personnel? Was Rafa a 5 at the back system type manager ?

I really want this club to sink like a fucking stone. Fuck Ashley most of all, but also fuck that punch drunk looking charlatan, fuck the former players club punditry, fuck the local journalists, and of course fuck anyone that is stupid enough to sink a dime into this club with that plague mogul at the helm. They are all complicit in their own way, and simply reflect a greater cancer metastasizing on society in this information age.

The only bright spot in all of this is that the vast majority of you on the forum see it clearly.

I read the Robertson quotes about Bruce and they were just more generic platitudes about what a good bloke he was. I've yet to see any specifics about his football knowledge - but then he's been a manager for about 15 years now hasn't he? If no one really knows by now then maybe his main asset is that he's just a good bloke. A good British bloke. A Geordie.

he's been managing for 20 years now!  and that's what struck me about the robertson thing as well, wheel him out as proof that bruce is a good manager because he's a good player rather than as the absolute exception of everything in bruce's 20 year career to date :lol:

Does a manger have to play a set system. Could they not change systems to suit personnel? Was Rafa a 5 at the back system type manager ?

Formations can be fluid depending on players at your disposal, you're right. I just find it odd that I still don't really have an idea what a Steve Bruce team looks like. I mean, you watch a Rafa team and you pretty much get it. Same goes with a Pochettino or Eddie Howe. I only saw his team live once when he brought Hull here, and they looked like they weren't really trying to do anything in particular.

So when we're getting rejected by 10 people this time, after bruce gets his inevitable marching orders, how far down do we have to go before we will find another person that is willing to manage here?

So when we're getting rejected by 10 people this time, after bruce gets his inevitable marching orders, how far down do we have to go before we will find another person that is willing to manage here?

We'll be in League 1 then, so Jack Dross or Greyson will be the best we could hope for.