Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

What frustrates me most about this schism between the fans is that those that keep going see themselves as the true fans who are willing to keep going because they care for THEIR club. It’s not about being successful it’s about supporting your club through thick and thin. I disagree with that totally.

And this is where I and it looks like the majority of people on this thread are completely different then.

I'm sorry but you sound completely deluded.

You don't support a football cub because it's successful or not! Why do you think that fans all over the country go to games, they don't have success, they support their football because they love it.

This is why we get called deluded

You missed my point, which was if you love the club you want what's best for it. I don't think you particularly care as long as you can keep going to the games.

What was the banner we made?

We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries.

A big difference there.

And apparently what's best for it, is just to boycott it, stop supporting it and for some fans actively wish it loses football games...

Thats not what supporting your club is about. I want my club to be successful ofcourse but sometimes you have to live in the real world, not every football club is successful

CSn0zUJ.png

Thank you Sima[/member]

What frustrates me most about this schism between the fans is that those that keep going see themselves as the true fans who are willing to keep going because they care for THEIR club. It’s not about being successful it’s about supporting your club through thick and thin. I disagree with that totally.

And this is where I and it looks like the majority of people on this thread are completely different then.

You don't support a football cub because it's successful or not! Why do you think that fans all over the country go to games, they don't have success, they support their football because they love it.

You missed my point, which was if you love the club you want what's best for it. I don't think you particularly care as long as you can keep going to the games.

What was the banner we made?

We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries.

A big difference there.

And apparently what's best for it, is just to boycott it, stop supporting it and for some fans actively wish it loses football games...

Thats not what supporting your club is about. I want my club to be successful ofcourse but sometimes you have to live in the real world, not every football club is successful

Boycotting to try and enact a positive change for the club that we love, so we can change the decline that we've all seen. Trying rather than sitting back and just taking this shit from Ashley.

I just don't get your point that it's ok to be scrape by, it's like you're missing the entire point of sport. The point is to get excited and to dream for the best.

You work so you can achieve something. Imagine telling any professional football player with any dignity that the club they've just joined isn't bothered about competing. Every club has a target it aims for, it want's to build on what it has achieved. Newly promoted clubs aim to avoid relegation and in doing so they win, but then they will seek to build and progress. You don't seem to care that we're in a terrible decline.

My own personal opinion is that Rafa didn't go along with spending £36m of his limited budget on Joelinton because he would rather have bought two or three proven high quality players for that money, but they would have less resale value. But with those players he could have built a genuinely strong team.

Ashley's model is a team which survives, but which buys appreciating assets when it comes to players, regardless of how they gel as a team.

Basically this is why Bruce is here.

It's not clear precisely what Rafa wanted, but how easy is it to get 'two or three proven high quality players' for £36m? You have to beat off a fair bit of competition.

The modern Spurs side was built on a number of very lucrative excursions into the transfer market - Berbatov, Bale, Modric - where they got some good seasons from them and then sold them on at a big profit. To get to another level, we have to take a bit of a gamble, and I think Joelinton represents that.

Schar wasn't "proven", neither was Lejeune. At least not n the PL. But they were cheap. Fair enough they are defenders, and defenders are cheap, but it demonstrates that Rafa can spot a player before he is proven.

Well yeah...

Rafa signed Koulibaly at 22 for £7m now worth £100million on his own.

Rafa signed Jorginho at 22 for £8m now worth £50million.

“A manager that only wants grandads with no sell on value” apparently though.

The Rafa Benitez myths do make me laugh :laugh:

Not sure if this angle has been covered, by getting rid of Ashley you are supporting the team. I 100% guarantee our players would rather be playing alongside quality players under a quality manager with better wages and a medal or trophy by the time they retire. They are going to get none of that under Ashley. If we can get rid of him and rebuild there are some players that are still young enough to benefit from that. 

I can't begin to express how much I resent this bloke and this appointment generally.

In terms of the message it gives.

The devaluation of everything Rafa stood for and was working towards.

We've gone from being led by a football genius to this utter clown and yet the absolute donuts who turn up in their masses lap it up.

What will it actually take for the penny to drop that he's completely having them over? Laughing in their faces every week, making a mockery of them publically.

For all his disgraceful and disastrous decisions/appointments of the past 12 years. For the sheer drop in quality and integrity from Rafa to Bruce, this has to be the worst. By far.

:clap:

It’s disappointing to see when fans talk about these things and pretend to believe them just so they can keep on going for their own selfish reasons. Would much prefer them to just say I am going because I want to go, instead of rambling on about they don’t think boycotts would work etc. It’s just a selfish attitude of not doing the hard part and stopping for a bit to see what happens. It’s a shame that there will be so many in Seymour’s position too come the Arsenal game. Would have really been something to see it work too, but writing it off without even trying is just pretty lame excuses for just personally not wanting to stop going.

Calling someone selfish for going to a football match is absolutely pathetic

Selfish is putting it mildly though. There's a bigger picture and a potential end game here which requires a bit of sacrifice from fans in not actually going into the stadium (in the case of this season you could argue it's a service). Yet for no reason other than selfish reasoning people want to turn up.

Don't give it the 'I want to support the team' bollocks, if there was a wedding or something else of importance than forced you to miss the game, you wouldn't be there. And the whole I don't support the regime... how can anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together not see that the 2 are completely interlinked?

Going when Rafa was there was understandable, he was a beacon of hope and was the final chance for Ashley to either sell the club while the stock was high, or at least run it in a sustainable fashion that allowed us to have a team and a club to be proud of. Instead he's made no effort to keep him, brought in Steve fucking Bruce and sold our 2 highest scorers for peanuts. Hope is gone, and anyone that continues to go fucking deserves the shitshow of a club that is NUFC in name only - it's a fucking slap in the face to the true fans that have had season tickets for decades and forced themselves to stop going for the good of the club itself, because they're smart enough to realise it's the only way to force his hand.

Out of interest, for those still attending, if the football club aren't interested in winning trophies or qualifying for Europe and the only goal is to  do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the league, what's the point? Surely hope, optimism and entertainment are core values that drive attendance, you're getting none of those due the self imposed limitations on the team.

And there we go...

You don't support a football club because of how good or bad it is, or if it qualifies for Europe or even attempts too for that matter.  You support a football club, because its YOUR football club, not because you have a good team or not.

To say 'What's what's the point?'

I'm sorry but you sound entitled and deluded.

Should the majority of fans in the country just stop going then?

Time and time again you're confusing staying away due to a perceived lack of ambition with staying away due to not being very good at football. The majority of fans around the country support teams whose owners have the clubs best interests at heart and want to be the best they can be. There's the odd exception of course. I'm envious of clubs with gates of 2000 or so because they can wholeheartedly back their team knowing the whole club is striving for SOMETHING, even it it may not be achieved.

So you only support a club because of ambition then? There's plenty of clubs with no ambition out there. The owners (just like ours) may come out with 'we want to win a trophy' 'want to get promoted' etc but a lot off is just bollocks to be honest

We aren't the only club with a lack of ambition, there's clubs in worse states than us.

Having that said just because other clubs are in worse states doesn't mean we can't be annoyed with how the club is being run

I did say there were exceptions. I will say it's pointless supporting a club happy to exist but not better itself. I'm choosing not to renew, well cut my losses seeing as i've paid for half of next season, because i don't feel pride in the club anymore. I'm almost embarrassed to say i'm a NUFC fan. Years ago the 1st things i'd dig out to wear on holiday would be club gear. I'd rather walkabout in a mankini these days. The catalogue of disasters under Ashley has knocked all the passion and enthusiasm out of me. 2 relegations, 2 Joe Kinnears, Mistreating men who love/wanted the best for the club KK, Shearer, Rafa, even Hughton. An endless supply of take over talk that comes to nothing. The lies about wanting to sell the club when he has no desire to do so. Look i'm not even telling you not to go. If you still get something out of it then great. Just try and understand we're not fickle, fair weather fans staying away purely because we're shit. As i've said, if that was the case most of us would have been gone years ago. 

Arguing with him, in the hope that you'll change his mind is akin to going to the match hoping Ashley will change.

I've adapted Ashley: The Unstoppable Asset-stripping Machine's 'Only Club That Couldn't Give a Toss' over here. It's a bit of fun. Have some FFS.

In case you need help with the tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxNf4yGqiE

Hello, Good Evenin, Welcome

To a nothing club.

A no holds barred half nelson

from the CUNT above

The anguish, and the pain, of feeling lost

at the only club that couldn't give a toss.

Grab another reject from another haul

of relegated basket cases and bosman laws.

So wipe the smiles from off their faces with another fall

take 5 or 6 of the biggest stars to paper the walls

The anguish, and the pain, of feeling lost

at the only club that couldn't give a toss.

I've teamed up with the protests now

all wor flags are furled.

I want to share my loathing of the cockney CUNT

with the whole damn world

The scousers, the mackems, and even Leeds

FIFA, UEFA, CONCAF and the Football League

Reporters, pundits, and Darren Gough

We're the only club that couldn't give a toss.

Sit down and they'll keep you up to date

the two fat bastards we all love to hate

The safe seventeenth lovers, that lied

Bishop's two faces, and the lawyer makes five

Pulverised passions, dead tours of china

young uns first game and 1969ers

fanatics and followers, loyal supporters

locked down ambition, no help  from reporters

Goodbye Rafa, Mikel and Ayoze

Salomon and Fabian and everyone who knows it

The scousers, the mackems and even Leeds

FIFA UEFA CONCAF, the football league

The reporters, the pundits and Dennis Wise

Hello, good evening welcome, hope you die.

The only deluded one here is you. You’re an absolute Chief mate.

Guest covmag

Seymour[/member]  Answer me this, simple....do you think Ashley is a c***?

Yes

I rest my case.enjoy the cunt then.

Posters defending Ashley and the club sound like Russian bots. Haven’t seen them around here before. 

Football fans in general are absolute idiots. We have many. 

People are sitting on their laptops computers and phones to compare us to Brighton FC. BRIGHTON.

But let me entertain this. 

Tony Bloom is a life long Brighton fan. Born and raised in Brighton.  Had family involved with the club.  I’m sure his interest in the club is a marriage between love and business but all the fans know there is genuine love for the club there. From the outside looking in, he’s attempting to maximise that clubs potential on the field. 

He’s been Owner for 10 years. In that time they have built a new stadium and have continued to expand it. You know growth. Something that costs money and is a risk. 

He’s also taken them from a league 1 club, to perennial championship promotion contenders, to 3 seasons in the PL. Growth.

Since being in charge the club has come on leaps and bounds. Can’t bemoan their achievements.  These will be seen as glory years by their fans. Certainly the best in living memory.

If you support a football club or anything for that matter without regard for what you’re actually supporting, you’re an idiot. A man is using the club as a promotional vehicle for his business while doing the bare minimum to maintain the club. 

Look at every club in this division and their owners. It’s probably only us and Arsenal that have people running the club that have owners with less ambition than the previous owners and are happy for the club to move backwards. And at least Arsenal have the excuse of 2 clubs bankrolled by oil money messing with their clubs potential. 

Anyone putting money towards this club is a complete idiot I’m sorry. Definition of pissing on you and telling you it’s rain. A better club wouldn’t stand for it. Rangers would have run him out of town, they already did. This wouldn’t fly at Liverpool, Man U. Incompetence is one issue and that’s even fine. But not trying is unacceptable. Most football clubs have owners that try. Most are incompetent but they try. We are Newcastle United. We are a giant football club. We should compete in the higher echelons of English football. European football is our level. To not be there is fine. But to not try is unacceptable. It’s not as if we are entirely powerless. If we stopped turning up, Ashley would eventually leave. 

Seymour is the worst fucking poster on here by a country mile, fucking shocking. He alone is symptomatic of the majority of cretinous problem we have amongst our 'fan base' because he has a complete and total inability to see the bigger picture.  Grade A moron, it's absolutely fucking embarrassing. Sorry no, he is a monumental embarrassment. My hope for this season is that SD United get absolutely fucking leathered, relegated, free-fall as far as the club needs to in order for Ashley to fuck off out of town. Fuck Bruce, fuck Ashley, and fuck you Seymour, you're as bad a the owner as manager. Cretin.

Don’t feed the troll anymore lads. He’s on the wind up.

He's put a lot of time and effort in to it as well!

Uncle Keith is giving him a nice pat on the bum and some sweets for it, it’s not all for nothing.

Seymour is the worst f***ing poster on here by a country mile, f***ing shocking. He alone is symptomatic of the majority of cretinous problem we have amongst our 'fan base' because he has a complete and total inability to see the bigger picture.  Grade A moron, it's absolutely f***ing embarrassing. Sorry no, he is a monumental embarrassment. My hope for this season is that SD United get absolutely f***ing leathered, relegated, free-fall as far as the club needs to in order for Ashley to f*** off out of town. f*** Bruce, f*** Ashley, and f*** you Seymour, you're as bad a the owner as manager. Cretin.

:clap:

Seymour is the worst fucking poster on here by a country mile, fucking shocking. He alone is symptomatic of the majority of cretinous problem we have amongst our 'fan base' because he has a complete and total inability to see the bigger picture.  Grade A moron, it's absolutely fucking embarrassing. Sorry no, he is a monumental embarrassment. My hope for this season is that SD United get absolutely fucking leathered, relegated, free-fall as far as the club needs to in order for Ashley to fuck off out of town. Fuck Bruce, fuck Ashley, and fuck you Seymour, you're as bad a the owner as manager. Cretin.

Testify!

Seymour is the worst f***ing poster on here by a country mile, f***ing shocking. He alone is symptomatic of the majority of cretinous problem we have amongst our 'fan base' because he has a complete and total inability to see the bigger picture.  Grade A moron, it's absolutely f***ing embarrassing. Sorry no, he is a monumental embarrassment. My hope for this season is that SD United get absolutely f***ing leathered, relegated, free-fall as far as the club needs to in order for Ashley to f*** off out of town. f*** Bruce, f*** Ashley, and f*** you Seymour, you're as bad a the owner as manager. Cretin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus christ man