Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

"Fair play to the club for identifying the targets and great business we've done"

So he stands in front of the camera before and after games and puts the cones out.................................Ashley's dream.

He's really painted himself into a corner excuse wise for later on in the season.

:lol: he sounds like someone down the pub talking about football

Come December he'll be telling the media that Maximin needs to start rolling up his sleeves and socks if he want to get back in the side.

when are we expecting "back to basics" as a quote?

November/December.

"we need some extra bodies in to graft"

We'll end up with a couple loan signings who wont get near the team"

I don't think our forwards will even touch the ball against Man City and Liverpool.

Doesn’t matter to most fans. As long as we have a go at teams like Norwich and Brighton, they won’t care seeing Aguero net his 8th of the game at sjp.

Danny Mills was on Sky Sports talking about what he expects from Premier clubs this season, and when it came to us, he said " the fans won't like me saying this, but survival basically, and a cup run".

So for all the fake approval of our new manager and players, their predictions tell the real story. Bruce is shit and we are a bottom tier club as per Ashley's vision.

Aye it's always: "I don't know why they're unhappy with Bruce/McClaren/Pardew, they're doing a great job."

"How do you think they'll get on this season?"

"Well obviously a relegation battle, they're shit"

And they never manage to connect those complex dots.

Aye it's always: "I don't know why they're unhappy with Bruce/McClaren/Pardew, they're doing a great job."

It's a shame nobody ever asks them how they'd feel about those managers being in charge of clubs they give a fuck about.

Guest reefatoon

We won’t have a cup run :lol:

Definitely not. We will be sitting in the bottom three come January and won't want that nasty FA cup to get in the way of trying to survive.

Need to grind out some results in the league first before we can start dreaming about the magic of the cup and the lovely days out it brings. Not sure about you guys but I hope we get drawn against the likes of Man Utd.  What a visit to Old Trafford must be.

It's a shame nobody ever asks them how they'd feel about those managers being in charge of clubs they give a fuck about.

Exactly the point. As long as "it's not in my back yard" mentality.

With Rafa you know he's been formulating a plan to beat Arsenal. I just can't imagine that is true of Steve Bruce, is he just hoping we win or something?

Probably thinking about what to eat tonight.

I doubt he's even thought about what formation/tactics he's going for.

We won’t have a cup run :lol:

Tbf, he didn't actually say that, he said Bruce had confirmed we would take the cups seriously. So I suppose what he was really saying was a fight for survival and probably knocked out early in the cups but with our first teamers all present and giving it a good go. Get in.

Do you think it's even vaguely possible, even a 1% chance, that the players are saying they like the new manager and that he's better than the last one because every footballer says that about the new manager in every interview ever?

Or is it all genuine and 100% true this time, that the players believe Steve Bruce is a step up from Rafa Benitez?

Rafa's training is incredibly intense and to a certain extent repetitive and boring. He will make players repeat drills, positions till they are 100% perfect. It is a lot of information for folks to process. And he is incredibly cold and brutal apparently during training. His attitude was "you train 4 hours per day for 4 days, get paid millions of dollars, why are you complaining, this is nothing compared to what the rest of society do, if you cant take this get out of here". It takes players of a certain mentality to appreciate Rafa - Torres, Reina, Baraja, Mascherano, Garcia. I think there is a big cultural mentality difference in how players from some of these countries approach training - they are ok with it being hard, repetitive, and boring.

At LFC too, when Rafa left, there was a lot of statements from players like Gerrard, Carra on how training was "more fun" now. Even Bellamy, who played for LFC under Rafa and King Kenny said how training was more fun under King Kenny. However, at the end of their career, almost all of them acknowledged that Rafa was the best manager they trained under. I think pretty much all of them realized it once we started dropping down the table.

So I don't think the NUFC players are being disingenuous or anything. I think they are genuinely enjoying freedom. They don't have a person walking up to them shouting at corners, when the opposition is making 32 degree runs in front of you using zonal marking, you should stand 26 inches from the goal line at 48 degrees. You were at 24 inches and standing at 41 degrees. Let us repeat this 37 more times till you get it right.