Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Nailed it again on this monstrosity.

First time I've read a piece which actually calls out Bruce for his rotten quotes about tactics being nonsense. Makes you wonder what the rest of the journalists are getting paid for.

There's a report that Bruce has MA's full backing and there is no intention to make a change for the meantime  :rolleyes:

I think the most depressing thing about yesterday was that Rodgers at one point was being lined up as the front runner if Rafa left. I remember at the time  a lot of people rubbished Rodgers as a charlatan too, which I thought was incredibly harsh.

Fair to say that he's looking really good at Leicester right now, and not necessarily with an outstanding squad of players as of yet. Of course we would ultimately not get him and end up with Steve Bruce man. Of course.

There's a report that Bruce has MA's full backing and there is no intention to make a change for the meantime  :rolleyes:

I think the most depressing thing about yesterday was that Rodgers at one point was being lined up as the front runner if Rafa left. I remember at the time  a lot of people rubbished Rodgers as a charlatan too, which I thought was incredibly harsh.

Fair to say that he's looking really good at Leicester right now, and not necessarily with an outstanding squad of players as of yet. Of course we would ultimately not get him and end up with Steve Bruce man. Of course.

Yeah this is fair comment, and I had a similar thought when watching first half yesterday. He clearly has more talent to him than I've given him credit for and would be miles better than Bruce. I've been looking back badly on Rogers career, but it's been pretty decent to be fair. Will be interesting to see where he gets Leicester to come end of season. If here he'd defo keep us up and have us playing some sort of workable system.

My prediction of how things will go - we'll lose the next 5 and then you'll think he'll be sacked to give a new manager (God only knows who would take the job) the two week break to prepare and get something out of the Villa game.

Only he won't actually be sacked. Not yet.

They'll give Bruce the Villa game as one last chance to turn things around, we'll lose that too and then he'll be sacked only for the new manager to walk into a game against Man City, destroying any sense of a new manager bounce.

My prediction of how things will go - we'll lose the next 5 and then you'll think he'll be sacked to give a new manager (God only knows who would take the job) the two week break to prepare and get something out of the Villa game.

They'll give Bruce the Villa game as one last chance to turn things around, we'll lose that too and then he'll be sacked only for the new manager to walk into a game against Man City, destroying any sense of a new manager bounce.

I think this is going to be one of two scenarios:

1) McClaren Mk II, where we keep him all the way until the last 10 games of the season, once again not learning any lessons.

2) Ashley + Charnley have convinced themselves they're footballing geniuses and we keep him even after he takes us down, hoping we'll bounce straight back up again, totally ignoring Bruce's record in the Championship. And, of course, we won't come back straight up.

Sick of seeing people say Bruce is not to blame. Yes Mike Ashley is the main culprit, but if I blagged a job that I was severely incompetent at for a hefty wedge of cash, I wouldn't expect to pass all the blame onto the guy that hired me.

1) McClaren Mk II, where we keep him all the way until the last 10 games of the season, once again not learning any lessons.

2) Ashley + Charnley have convinced themselves they're footballing geniuses and we keep him even after he takes us down, hoping we'll bounce straight back up again, totally ignoring Bruce's record in the Championship. And, of course, we won't come back straight up.

Honestly, I think you might be right on. Looking at my initial prediction, it has a sort of "best case scenario" feel to it. Which is so incredibly depressing.

Is Rodgers even that good? They've got brilliant players.

Better group than the one we had under Pardew that he ruined?

If anyone should know the importance of a good manager and the impact that has it should be us.

Rodgers has got Vardy back firing at a really high clip, and has improved the style of play since stepping in after Puel.

Rogers was never realistic for us.

Easy to say now, but when he was at Celtic and was linked to us, people were intimating that he wasn't good enough and was a fraud.

Well people are often wrong. Fact is he was and is way better than us.

It's just so sad because it absolutely shouldn't be the case, but here we are.

It was the same at Liverpool tbh, and I think he took over a good team at Swansea as well. If he was creating a flowing football team from scratch I guess there would be no doubt it's all his own work.

It was the same at Liverpool tbh, and I think he took over a good team at Swansea as well. If he was creating a flowing football team from scratch I guess there would be no doubt it's all his own work.

The football they play now compared to under Puel is hugely different.

Ashley doesn't even pretend to know about football. I would imagine it was Charnley who decided Bruce was the man we should target. He hasn't got a clue either, but he's been given the job and probably figured it was a safe bet using Ryder/Edwards critical analysis skills.