Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Hopes out

Could be a negative for perpetuating the club's agenda machine. What's Hope got to lose now? Hopefully he'll report without shackles on.

He's going to come out swinging and it'll be a sight to behold

Hope so. Obviously I don't know what it's like to be a journalist on the job but one would think it might be a potentially exciting/liberating prospect. If he has an agenda of his own and really, genuinely cares about the betterment of the club, and wants to expose the bullshit - enough to risk things like access - hopefully he sees this as an opportunity.

Hope so. Obviously I don't know what it's like to be a journalist on the job but one would think it might be a potentially exciting/liberating prospect. If he has an agenda of his own and really, genuinely cares about the betterment of the club, and wants to expose the bullshit - enough to risk things like access - hopefully he sees this as an opportunity.

He might get pressured by the Daily Mail to apologise to Newcastle if he can't get exclusives with Bruce and the players compared to rival newspapers.

He might get pressured by the Daily Mail to apologise to Newcastle if he can't get exclusives with Bruce and the players compared to rival newspapers.

Mebs. He only ever seems to comment on NUFC though, as opposed to interviews. Last interview he did was with Mitrovic weeks ago.

It probably is liberating in short term but in long term his job depends on being able to speak to people in the club and it will make it a lot more difficult. Obviously plenty he can still do and sure plenty will talk to him off the books still but sadly intimidating journos into good coverage by doing this sort of thing probably does kinda work. If the other journos had any backbone they'd all just boycott club, however not sure really how much a club so uncaring as Newcastle really care or need reporters anyway

I don’t see why you need access to the club at all TBH. Could easily write 90% of their stories without ever speaking to anyone.

Absolutely. Does anyone really give a shit about “shelvey issues rallying call to team mates”

You have to think like a Chronicle writer.

'Shelvey issues rallying call to team mates'

Next day - '5 things we learned about rallying calls'

Next day - 'You decide - Take our Chronicle poll on rallying calls'

Next day - 'The readers have spoken - results of our exclusive poll on rallying calls'

Next day - 'Did Sir Walter Raleigh issue the first ever rallying call?  The answer might surprise you even though his name sounds similar!'

Next day - 'Newcastle soundly beaten again'

Can get a whole week of work out of that, rinse and repeat for whatever stupid topic flies through Grim Ryder's empty head next.

I don’t see why you need access to the club at all TBH. Could easily write 90% of their stories without ever speaking to anyone.

Absolutely. Does anyone really give a shit about “shelvey issues rallying call to team mates”

You have to think like a Chronicle writer.

'Shelvey issues rallying call to team mates'

Next day - '5 things we learned about rallying calls'

Next day - 'You decide - Take our Chronicle poll on rallying calls'

Next day - 'The readers have spoken - results of our exclusive poll on rallying calls'

Next day - 'Did Sir Walter Raleigh issue the first ever rallying call?  The answer might surprise you even though his name sounds similar!'

Next day - 'Newcastle soundly beaten again'

Can get a whole week of work out of that, rinse and repeat for whatever stupid topic flies through Grim Ryder's empty head next.

ICYMI: Shelvey issues rallying cry.

Should be finding their own stories, anyway. Fucking sitting around waiting for the club to call with their press releases is anything but journalism.

Maybe Hope can write a piece about why we should have told Shelvey and Ritchie they weren't getting their contracts renewed, then offered a better deal to Matty. I know I would have been much happier with that.

I get that there's no future under this guy and it will all implode eventually but in isolation we're probably on course for a better premier league finish than last season and we've got to the FA cup quarter final, talking strictly points and cup run into account he probably does deserve a bit of credit.

I get that there's no future under this guy and it will all implode eventually but in isolation we're probably on course for a better premier league finish than last season and we've got to the FA cup quarter final, talking strictly points and cup run into account he probably does deserve a bit of credit.

:lol:

Nah not one god damn bit of credit. Fuck him and his tin pot dreams of mediocrity.