Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I've got to hold my hands up. If Rafa was still in charge, I'd be [with hindsight]delighted with that team selection, performance and result.

I would except for the selection and performance.

I only saw the highlights and Rafa has put out some teams that were just as dodgy. Especially early on in the season. If we'd got a draw away to West Ham, on the opening day of the season we would have been happy.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Let’s not get too giddy, West Ham were absolutely diabolical like.

Bruce also starts well and then has a dreadful end to the season when the players fitness is all over the place.

Some real embarrassing stuff in here, Bruce had nowt to do with the Joelinton transfer, Ashley has spent money this preseason as it’s absolutely vital we stay up for any sale and he’s had a bit of a windfall with the deposit.

Bruce identified where we needed players; not rocket science but he managed to get them to come here. We were the far better side yesterday.

I’m no Bruce lover, said so many times, the wheels tend to fall off after a couple of seasons but knocking him at the moment is nonsense. My biggest gripe with Bruce has always been his feigned affinity to Newcastle and that accent. He’s never been at a bigger club than Newcastle (fair to say) so let nature take its course.

For a club that had Kinnear, licky lips, McLaren and the utterly detestable King, I’d take Bruce right now.

Bruce also starts well and then has a dreadful end to the season when the players fitness is all over the place.

Eh ? We only won 1 out of our first 7 games last season.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I meant the first half of the season v the second half, but point taken.

I meant the first half of the season v the second half, but point taken.

Ah right, carry on  O0

Anyone else sick of hearing "if Rafa" blah blah.  I can't be the only one who didn't really enjoy his negative sideways style football.  Call me dinosaur old school (or considerably worse probably), but I like football played on the front foot, even if that does involve some high balls with support players feeding off them.

Anyone else sick of hearing "if Rafa" blah blah.  I can't be the only one who didn't really enjoy his negative sideways style football.  Call me dinosaur old school (or considerably worse probably), but I like football played on the front foot, even if that does involve some high balls with support players feeding off them.

You must've loved last season's front foot football then.

He wasn't being allowed to bring in the players he wanted

He then still managed to put together a team to grind out results that wasn't a complete embarrassment to watch.

As soon as he was given a tiny bit of leeway with Rondon and then Almiron coming in you could see a vast improvement in play, and so one can only wonder what he could have produced if they'd let him get on with things.

Nah.

Guest neesy111

If you thought last season was front foot  football then go to Specsavers.

Rafa's style of football was fine, and was good when he got a player like Rondon in.

Well maybe you should go also, neesy... because you couldn't see driving the other night... because you don't even wear your glasses on TV in case you get slagged off. So you just stick to Specsavers and TorchyTBB will do the game.

Well maybe you should go also, neesy... because you couldn't see driving the other night... because you don't even wear your glasses on TV in case you get slagged off. So you just stick to Specsavers and TorchyTBB will do the game.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Thanks for the advice, will take it.  :thup: