Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

tbf bruce did say leeds are capable off blowing teams away, must have done his homework the useless blob

What's funny is that every team we come up against seems to have some sort of superpower according to Bruce. If he thinks Leeds are such a a powerhouse team - and he was effusively wanking off about their physical magnificence before the game - why doesn't he try to build a side that plays the same way? He's been here for a year and a half ffs.

Honestly fucking hate this bloke. I know he has restrictions to work with, I know Ashley is the 'main problem' but he spouts utter bullshit and Ashley has given him a team that should be pushing for 10th and at least outplaying shit teams like West Brom and Brighton.

Honestly fucking hate this bloke. I know he has restrictions to work with, I know Ashley is the 'main problem' but he spouts utter bullshit and Ashley has given him a team that should be pushing for 10th and at least outplaying shit teams like West Brom and Brighton.

Nah. Can't use that for this chump. It's an absolute gift of a job, he walked into a settled, talented squad and system and has been handsomely backed thereafter. Additionally gets no heat whatsoever from any crowds and has a network of pals all over the media. Of all the managers we've had in the Ashley years, this pillock comfortably has the easiest ride. And we're still absolute wank.

Nah.

Nah?

Obviously there’s not much in it, we’re both shit.

Our "front four" cost around £110m. We're having to be compared to Sheff United. The Bruce impact.

It's so humiliating man :lol:

The way Leeds rocked up having just come up and decked us 5-2.

Genuinely can't believe what's going on at this club.

They aren't even that good, just have a manager who believes in battering the opposition regardless of how good they are, whereas we have a manager who thinks every other team is a massive threat and we must first respect and fear them, then hope we get the breaks. He's the antithesis of Keegan.

From 365's Winners and Losers;

Steve Bruce

The next time Mark Lawrenson claims Newcastle fans are “never happy” because “they want to win the Champions League”, show him the last quarter of an hour against Leeds on Wednesday.

Steve Bruce said it himself: it was “something you see on a park on a Sunday” an “embarrassing” and “unacceptable” collapse under more pressure than his system is designed to cope with. But he quite neatly summed up the argument against his tenure after a match that encapsulated the fans’ frustrations.

“Up until 75 minutes I was comfortable,” he said, at which point Newcastle had eight shots to Leeds’ 20 and 28.6% possession. And therein lies the problem: Bruce is “comfortable” with ceding the ball, the chances and the authority to a newly promoted team so long as the scoreline is close towards full-time.

Newcastle supporters justifiably crave more, particularly when they watch a Leeds side that dominated the Championship on a modest wage budget and has continued to imprint its own style on teams in a higher division. That comes with the possibility of heavy defeats to Leicester and Crystal Palace but also the promise of evenings like this.

Newcastle might well finish higher but what memory will they have of this season? Leeds, even leaving aside the emotional nature of their long-awaited return, have created more enduring moments than in Bruce’s entire St James’ Park reign.

They exist to entertain, to excite. Newcastle just exist. They won’t go down. They won’t finish in the top half. The same can be said of Leeds but at least they are building towards something meaningful, an intangible connection between the manager, the players and the fans.

Bruce is performing perfectly to his remit. It’s just that said remit is wrong. When supporters are given overwhelming reason to glance enviously at a club with whom they are level on points with a game in hand, there is a deep-rooted problem.

Nah.

Nah?

Yeah I edited and expanded. :laugh: Certainly don't disagree with your overall point.

Newcastle might well finish higher but what memory will they have of this season? Leeds, even leaving aside the emotional nature of their long-awaited return, have created more enduring moments than in Bruce’s entire St James’ Park reign.

They exist to entertain, to excite. Newcastle just exist.

What a poignant statement. Summed up beautifully.

Can't believe people still think we might get relegated. I doubt we'll be any fewer than five points clear of the relegation zone at any point tbh. Loads of individual quality in the side, will always mean we pick up points. We're a terrible team though so will periodically have episodes like last night. There's a very clear pattern at this point, fail to see why we're likely to deviate from it.

I've never seen such consistency. Second best statistically in every game, no blips is hard to do even if that's what you're aiming for.

And battered at least once in every three games is how its felt under Bruce. Just checked this season and its probably worse in fairness. Brighton, Southampton, Man United, Spurs and Leeds.  So after Man City and Liverpool we'll have been battered, dominated in every way in 7 of our 15 games, nearly half. That can't have happened even with the Derby's, Swindon's and mackems of the world and Bruce will certainly be the first manager to do that whilst 'doing a good job'.

Can't believe people still think we might get relegated. I doubt we'll be any fewer than five points clear of the relegation zone at any point tbh. Loads of individual quality in the side, will always mean we pick up points. We're a terrible team though so will periodically have episodes like last night. There's a very clear pattern at this point, fail to see why we're likely to deviate from it.

I've never seen such consistency. Second best statistically in every game, no blips is hard to do even if that's what you're aiming for.

And battered at least once in every three games is how its felt under Bruce. Just checked this season and its probably worse in fairness. Brighton, Southampton, Man United, Spurs and Leeds.  So after Man City and Liverpool we'll have been battered, dominated in every way in 7 of our 15 games, nearly half. That can't have happened even with the Derby's, Swindon's and mackems of the world and Bruce will certainly be the first manager to do that whilst 'doing a good job'.

Derby had 1 win and 11 points in 2007-08. They had a goal difference of -69. Swindon conceded 100 goals in 1993-94. Are you saying we get dominated more than these teams?

Without examining the fixtures, the pattern I'm referring to is that, among whichever handful of games you wanna look at, there's at least one total stinker, at least one good win, a smattering of passable results and relentlessly bad football regardless of the outcome. I could be miles off but I doubt it. We always do just enough on the whole, just not through any great strategy - simply relying on better players to come up with the goods enough times. Which I'm sure they'll continue to do because, for all the terrible football, the spirit and discipline in the squad never really falters.

Without examining the fixtures, the pattern I'm referring to is that, among every handful of games you wanna refer to, there's at least one total stinker, at least one good win, a smattering of passable results and relentlessly bad football regardless of the outcome. I could be miles off but I doubt it. We always do just enough on the whole, just not through any great strategy - simply relying on better players to come up with the goods enough times. Which I'm sure they'll continue to go because, for all the terrible football, the spirit and discipline in the squad never really falters.

You're point is fair, not disputing that, but Wolfcastle is saying we're doing worse than Derby and Swindon (with regards to getting bummed)? I don't get what he means?

Without examining the fixtures, the pattern I'm referring to is that, among every handful of games you wanna refer to, there's at least one total stinker, at least one good win, a smattering of passable results and relentlessly bad football regardless of the outcome. I could be miles off but I doubt it. We always do just enough on the whole, just not through any great strategy - simply relying on better players to come up with the goods enough times. Which I'm sure they'll continue to go because, for all the terrible football, the spirit and discipline in the squad never really falters.

You're point is fair, not disputing that, but Wolfcastle is saying we're doing worse than Derby and Swindon (with regards to getting bummed)? I don't get what he means?

Tbh I was responding directly to Wolfcastle (hadn't seen your post by the time I hit Post); but now on reflection I'd misread his post anyway, I thought he was disagreeing with me regarding the presence of a pattern. But he wasn't, so my follow up explanation/justification wasn't required.

Aaaanyway. We're better than Sheffield United and Derby. I think that's pretty obvious really. I wonder if we're better than the team who lost to Derby. Probably.

I would never deny we play shit football and have a poor manager. I just want this takeover to go through. I'm not naive, it's the only way we can progress, get the fans back on board, and grow as a club.

But the constant exaggeration, and hyperbole on here is too much. "Sheffield United play better football, create better chances, better than us" and "Derby and Swindon didn't get dominated as much as we do". It's nonsensical. There's plenty to be critical of, rather than just saying outlandish fake shit.

I would never deny we play shit football and have a poor manager. I just want this takeover to go through. I'm not naive, it's the only way we can progress, get the fans back on board, and grow as a club.

But the constant exaggeration, and hyperbole on here is too much. "Sheffield United play better football, create better chances, better than us" and "Derby and Swindon didn't get dominated as much as we do". It's nonsensical. There's plenty to be critical of, rather than just saying outlandish fake shit.

Newport were the better side against us, and we had plenty of first team players for that game. Fucking Newport.