Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I've never hated a Newcastle manager in my time but this guy drains the life out of me! His body language says it all, just f*Ck off Steve!

I used to get the urge to put my foot through the screen whenever Pardew was interviewed, mostly towards the end of his reign here, but with Bruce it's on a different level of hate altogether. I hated him before he even arrived,  I was devastated when he was appointed, and I hate him even more now. Just so frustrating that 99% of us knew exactly how it would all pan out yet the idiot who owns the club thought it would be a good idea to pay Sheff Wed £3m to get him here.

This. And it was less than 99% of us unfortunately.

Longstaff spent the majority of the first half sat 6 yards in front of the defenders. Is that where false 10's play?

I don't know what his position was last night.

For me it looked like a position that could be named "swinger", somwhere between an old fashioned sweeper and a winger.

That's it, SOMEWHERE BETWEEN, right in the middle of nowhere!

Bruce Out!

Ashley out!

"Swinger" is hilarious man :lol:

Been thinking about this quote.  Obvious thing that jumps out is that the sending off was a death blow that no team can recover from, which of course is absolute bullshit. 

But it's more the first sentence..... I recall seeing another quote where he said the first half "wasn't good enough" or something to that effect.... my train of thought is

a) why on nearly every game he says we needed to change things at half time, suggests to any sane person that he's getting it wrong from the start, repeatedly! but main point is:

b) why does he think he needs to wait until half time to change things?  Does he think this is a law written in the rule book?  After 10 mins it was obvious it (whatever IT was) wasn't working.... change formation, make a sub, fuck, even just haul your captain over to the side lines and give him an earful of instructions to convey to the others.

This shit stain on our club really boils my piss. 

Steve, for the sake of the club you supposedly support, please.... just please...... FUCK OFF!!!

I know bruce has to go, its only a matter of time.But looking at the table i think it will play out until the season ends unfortunately, unless of course there is a rapid change of club ownership.The next few games look daunting & but that buffer looks like saving his bacon for the time being.A  point or 2 looks acheivable over the next 10 games or so,that might be enough oddly enough,then he can be released in the summer without the indignity of being publicly sacked .However if those teams in the bottom 3 can put a few results together the axe will fall no doubt about it.Its just so annoying we have to suffer his incompetence on a weekly basis,he would at least gain a little respect if he just quit,if he,s just hanging on for the pay off while repeatedly being patronisingly unbearable then he deserves all he gets.

If he doesn’t resign and hangs on as long as he could for compensation it puts him in Pardew territory for me. He knows he’s done, he knows he’s lost the dressing room but he’s going to stick it out like that odious prick did. If he then hangs on long enough to get us relegated he’ll be the worst manager in our history.

I’m genuinely worried the club haven’t acted this morning as there’s an obvious threat to our safety but an even more obvious threat to any potential takeover or the current deal that’s been offered.

False 10  ;D ;D ;D ;D  It’s not even a thing so let’s have two of them.

Longstaff playing 5 yards in front of a back 5? That’s a false 10.

Fraser playing 5 yards in front of a full back? You better believe that’s a false 10.

False 10  ;D ;D ;D ;D  It’s not even a thing so let’s have two of them.

Longstaff playing 5 yards in front of a back 5? That’s a false 10.

Fraser playing 5 yards in front of a full back? You better believe that’s a false 10.

This manager of ours is a complete moron.  EVERYTHING he says is just a pile of shite!

I still can't get my head around this prick setting up defensively against the team with the joint lowest goals for tally in the league. The man is an idiot.

He can try and convince us he was playing with two false 10s all he wants, but he blatantly set up to not concede against a team that can't hit a barn door.

I don't even know what the words are to describe that.

He even signposted it through the week with his 'hard place to go, they are a good team' comments. The Sheff Utd players would have been building up knowing that we were going to be a limp biscuit.

Always thought a 'false 10' was sort of Fabregas for Spain at the Euros 2014

Essentially played up front/furtherest forward of a midfield, instead of a conventional 10 like Totti/Riquelme/Aimar who played off a striker.

This fat loonball doesn't know what he's talking about, and has clearly no coaching ability to successfully carry out his hair brain schemes.

What he's trying to say is he wanted Longstaff/Fraser to play behind Wilson, and infront of Hayden/Hendrick - like england at WC with Alli/Lingard/Rashford behind Kane. What ended up happening is a clusterfuck of four then three cloggers chasing Sheffield United's midfield and centerbacks moving forward like headless chickens.

Even with Fraser on, not once did we put together any move involving Wilson/Longstaff/Fraser and a wing back in Sheff United's half that created anything.

Blokes a total fraud. Totally redundant when it comes to being able to positively effect a PL game - it was bottom of the league, two points, zero clean sheets ffs

He clearly just came up with it on the spot, conflating 'false 9' and 'number 10'. Just further demonstrates the lack of thought that actually goes into setting the team up. "You two lads just play a bit further forward yeah?" An 'instruction' like that means absolutely nothing in the Premier League today, where basically every opponent is at least tactically astute. He genuinely might be the worst manager in the division.

Its all about compensation now. Gets sacked and it'll be 12 months salary i bet.

I wouldn’t pay him. Any other profession in the world and you can be dismissed for poor performance.

It’s because he can get sacked and paid off that means managers like him won’t try, there is no accountability.

He clearly just came up with it on the spot, conflating 'false 9' and 'number 10'. Just further demonstrates the lack of thought that actually goes into setting the team up. "You two lads just play a bit further forward yeah?" An 'instruction' like that means absolutely nothing in the Premier League today, where basically every opponent is at least tactically astute. He genuinely might be the worst manager in the division.

In his post match pressr, he essentially said he hasn't tried it yet, wanted to change it up a bit, Fraser was fresh, so hoped it could work. Him trying is totally redundant. I would try my best if I was in charge, but I wouldn't be any good either.

In an ideal world, you could even imagine playing two behind Wilson could be able to press SU's center halves and stop them coming out and overloading us.

I get that he's thought about it, and worked on it before on training, and wants to change it/get things working, but that doesn't hide the fact whatever he's trying is so poorly executed and ill-thought out. He's just not good enough.

Second half we were completely destroyed by having 3 centerhalves still. Not enough bodies high enough up the pitch to press on 3 CB's and their midfield. It was obvious that we'd end up with 20% possession. Totally pointless throwing on a change of wing backs.