Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Aye, Caulkin wrote it, no doubt.

Plenty of the comments are calling Shearer as well for essentially bottling it and directing all of the blame 'upstairs' even though his mate got the signings he wanted in the summer.

No mention of his pal's lack of ability to 'coach' Jamaal Lewis, to get service to Wilson or to manage Frasers fitness situation. Not to mention the joke that is Jeff Hendrick.

How is Shearer even mates with Bruce? They're different ages, never played together. Don't even support the same club with Bruce being a Manchester United fan. Really don't understand how Shearer became so desperate to defend him.

Guest neesy111

How is Shearer even mates with Bruce? They're different ages, never played together. Don't even support the same club with Bruce being a Manchester United fan. Really don't understand how Shearer became so desperate to defend him.

Became drinking buddies on holiday I think, also own villas next to each other in portugal I believe.

Became drinking buddies on holiday I think, also own villas next to each other in portugal I believe.

They do.

Slightly odd choice here but would anyone take David Wagner if Bruce got the push? He completely bombed at Schalke but always felt he got the most out of the players he had at Huddersfield. His pressing style and organisation seems like something that would improve us massively to whatever the fuck we’re playing now.

Obviously not my first choice but just a name that cropped up when I was scrolling through budget managers out of work.

At this minute in time I’d take Wagner from the X Factor

He's qualified

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-wembley-checkatrade-trophy-wagner-16045499

Takes a certain kind of person to be completely shite at your job, earning millions a year and not taking a single bit of responsibility, in just about every respect, for this utter shite excuse of a football team.

Gone backwards, or hit rock bottom, in just about every football metric you wish to compare or consider. e

Yet he and his cronnies think he has done a good job and have done so for 20 years.  Its all bullshit.

In any other sector, you would get called out for being a complete fraud, which is exactly what he is.

Show at least a little humility and fuck off from the club you supposedly support.  Thanks 

Guest neesy111

Yeah I understand the argument “why walk away you’ll miss the pay off” in a normal job. He’s literally a millionaire, he will never ever need money, and chances are he’d get hired again by some champ club. If he had any self respect he’d bin it off

Seems to be a very british thing to wait for a pay off, so many european managers do walk as a matter of principle.

Yeah I understand the argument “why walk away you’ll miss the pay off” in a normal job. He’s literally a millionaire, he will never ever need money, and chances are he’d get hired again by some champ club. If he had any self respect he’d bin it off

He clearly hasn’t though.  The way he’s whined and played the victim since day 1 of taking the job proves that.  He’s absolutely pathetic and an embarrasment to anyone associated with him.

Could be a different story if fans were in the ground. He'd surely be getting boo'd off at half time, full time, sacked in the morning chants from home/away end, general abuse from fans.

Pressure on him would be higher then, and he'd be bound to feel a bit of guilt in being hated so much despite him being a 'geordie' and this being 'his club'.

Not a chance he's walking until then.

As much as I'd love for him to fall on his sword, not sure you can realistically expect him to do so. He no doubt genuinely believes he can turn things round, and if he fails why forfeit the potential pay-off of a couple of mil. Think most would do the same in his situation.

Think in Europe fans/ultras make the managers life a living hell, and probably increased pressure from board level too for coaches to resign.

Not the done thing in England. Not going to get fans outside training ground each day giving him dogs abuse, outside his house, calling him a c*** in Waitrose, spitting in his kebab meat chips.

As much as I'd love for him to fall on his sword, not sure you can realistically expect him to do so. He no doubt genuinely believes he can turn things round, and if he fails why forfeit the potential pay-off of a couple of mil. Think most would do the same in his situation.

I think he knows he can't turn it around - that's why he sent the team out to not lose against Sheff United. He knows he's done, and he's hoping for his payout.